Quantcast

Fort Willy

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I haven't looked at the splits, but I wouldn't be surprised if Coulanges was the fastest on the second part of the track. He must have had a big issue at the top and then pulled back a ton of time starting from the woods section.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i mean how many times can you explain the theory of saving effort at the top to spend it at the end? what a brilliant analysis!
I don't know if anyone could just talk for an hour and a half without being boring or saying something stupid. Personally I'd just make jokes about muddy ass cracks and shimmz.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't know if anyone could just talk for an hour and a half without being boring or saying something stupid. Personally I'd just make jokes about muddy ass cracks and shimmz.
I could but you're thinking about it all wrong in your first sentence while recognizing the solution in your second sentence. It wouldn't be boring but saying something stupid would be the staple that keeps it not boring. Rob Warner created the template on freecaster. It's not our fault some dipshit at redbull corporate diabetes LLC decided mountainbiking should sound like NFL. Sometimes shit gets wild on a bike run. The commentary should reflect that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I could but you're thinking about it all wrong in your first sentence while recognizing the solution in your second sentence. It wouldn't be boring but saying something stupid would be the staple that keeps it not boring. Rob Warner created the template on freecaster. It's not our fault some dipshit at redbull corporate diabetes LLC decided mountainbiking should sound like NFL. Sometimes shit gets wild on a bike run. The commentary should reflect that.

I want Amaury Pierron to do color commentary, just making bike noises the whole time. Perhaps he can just dub over the race after the fact.

Whapopopop, bzzzzz, cachow plap plap plap

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Conor Fearon in 18th on the trailbike. Pretty much an average result from when he was on a Kona DH bike. But hey, it is the chain on DH bikes that slow people down.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Minnaar is rad AF. and one of the first guys to bring nacs and cans over to DH BITD and has always had a unique kinda style when pulling tricks.... glad he hasn't forgotten how. Being sooooo old ;)

Peaty's earned the right to do whatever the fuck he wants at WCs. Paid or not! including whaterver the fuck he wants to do with his facial hair!

#KinLegends

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Pierron is something special for sure, talk about delivering when it counts.
Can't help but think Vergier would have won both races this year if it wasn't for a crash and a mechanical.
A 7th with a crash in lourdes and a 6th yesterday with no chain just 2.4 back. Mind blowing stuff.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I can't get over how fucking committed Pierron is. He's just completely 100% all in, and manages to make it work over and over again.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Can't help but think Vergier would have won both races this year if it wasn't for a crash and a mechanical.
A 7th with a crash in lourdes and a 6th yesterday with no chain just 2.4 back. Mind blowing stuff.
I just rewatched his run to try and see when he lost the chain. Its a testament to how smooth he is that the commentators didn't notice for so long. Poor bastard, wrong track for no chain haha

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bummed for Luca as well. He was going quick, or maybe that's the beer talking?

Although that was a pretty sweet slide out. Better than the other options up there.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
In the Inside Line podcast, Neko said that he flatted and broke a rim in the upper section, right before the end of split 2. Said he was on pace for around 30th or so until that point. He said a lot the other big names (Gwin, Bulldog, etc.) who also didn't qualify also had mechanicals of some form or another. He said visibility was just awful even with tear offs, so it was just a total dice roll as to whether or not you hit something slightly offline.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the Inside Line podcast, Neko said that he flatted and broke a rim in the upper section, right before the end of split 2. Said he was on pace for around 30th or so until that point. He said a lot the other big names (Gwin, Bulldog, etc.) who also didn't qualify also had mechanicals of some form or another. He said visibility was just awful even with tear offs, so it was just a total dice roll as to whether or not you hit something slightly offline.
In the broadcast Warner mentioned a rock that popped up in a rut that was taking out wheels of riders that had been riding that line. That is where having big team that can share course info is a big advantage.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
So anyone else surprised how many riders were dropping their transmission concatenations? If I was dropping chains in practice, I'd be scouring the local FB marketplace for chain guides with upper and lower retention (or at least a lower roller for all these magic HSP designs) . I'd damn sure have one on the next time I raced the Scottish quarry.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Holy shit:

ded
do you even read the thread?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So anyone else surprised how many riders were dropping their transmission concatenations? If I was dropping chains in practice, I'd be scouring the local FB marketplace for chain guides with upper and lower retention (or at least a lower roller for all these magic HSP designs) . I'd damn sure have one on the next time I raced the Scottish quarry.
Lotsa broken Shimano chains also. And high pivot Sessions are apparently terrible at holding chains. I mean, it shouldn't surprise us, since the chainring gets about 30% of chain wrap.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Lotsa broken Shimano chains also. And high pivot Sessions are apparently terrible at holding chains. I mean, it shouldn't surprise us, since the chainring gets about 30% of chain wrap.
Good point about the lack of chain wrap. I thought I saw a manufacturer trying to bodge together some kind of chain guide for a HSP awhile back. Regardless, sucks that a lot of runs were trashed because of drivetrain issues. Make Chain Retention Great Again
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
the new Session apparently rides quite low, so low that the front sprocket has unexpected tendencies to bump into rocks. Loris wrote on his insta that the wind pushed him off line and a rock broke some teeth of his chain ring.
Maybe time to make bashguards great again?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
the new Session apparently rides quite low, so low that the front sprocket has unexpected tendencies to bump into rocks. Loris wrote on his insta that the wind pushed him off line and a rock broke some teeth of his chain ring.
Maybe time to make bashguards great again?
MTB product managers: "we don't need bashguards, most people out there are running 30t rings after all".

Another level of 29er suckiness has been achieved.