Quantcast

Frameworks DH frames are happening

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
yeah, this ain't the tidiest of ti beads

Wonder why they didn't brace from the upper pivot to the top tube?
A solid bottom out would have to see some hefty forces at that pivot.
In saying that I ride a brazed frame with no gussets, but I have accepted that one day it will kill me.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I heard through the non-cycling grapevine prior to the launch of the company that the Athertons have a very wealthy backer and don’t really need the numbers to work out.
They have investors for sure a buddy of mine is one of them ...there should be some growth happening soon for production and the machines are multi use as well...it's a well thought out business plan and has diversity...
The bikes are really good looking in person but aside of that I want to see them succeed ..biking products or other, it's nice to see people move up.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Anyone pick one up? They went live today
If I hadn't bought a new Gambler at the beginning of this season I would have strongly considered it. It's such a cool project, great people involved, I'd be willing to pay a bit of a premium to support that but it just doesn't really make sense given the similarities to my current bike.

Listening to the Behind the Tape podcast, Martin Whiteley suggests that they are in talks with a significant sponsor from outside the sport for 2025 and will be announcing another elite male rider for 2024 who has finished on the podium previously. No idea, but kind of wonder if that could be Charlie Harrison making a return...I know that he's done some work testing the Frameworks bike.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
If I hadn't bought a new Gambler at the beginning of this season I would have strongly considered it. It's such a cool project, great people involved, I'd be willing to pay a bit of a premium to support that but it just doesn't really make sense given the similarities to my current bike.

Listening to the Behind the Tape podcast, Martin Whiteley suggests that they are in talks with a significant sponsor from outside the sport for 2025 and will be announcing another elite male rider for 2024 who has finished on the podium previously. No idea, but kind of wonder if that could be Charlie Harrison making a return...I know that he's done some work testing the Frameworks bike.
whilst a high profile rider would be cool - seeing all the fast US juniors and first year elites on Frameworks definitely fits the “homegrown” narrative Neko is creating.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
whilst a high profile rider would be cool - seeing all the fast US juniors and first year elites on Frameworks definitely fits the narrative Neko is cresting.
No question, just going off of what Martin, who is now the team manager, had stated in that podcast.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Yup. He said an elite men’s rider that has been on the podium. Dak would fit that bill nicely, but I doubt Frameworks has the dough to pay him what he’s worth. In the podcast, they also mentioned Dak, Dunne and someone else I can’t remember possibly going to Mondraker.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Yup. He said an elite men’s rider that has been on the podium. Dak would fit that bill nicely, but I doubt Frameworks has the dough to pay him what he’s worth. In the podcast, they also mentioned Dak, Dunne and someone else I can’t remember possibly going to Mondraker.
AFAIK, MS Mondraker is not going to be MS Mondraker next year...

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Some rumors around the return of an MS Intense Team?
Seems Mondraker are struggling to get their frame working to the standard the team needs and after a few years in the doldrums Intense have managed to pull a proper dh bike together again.
Makes sense.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
In fact, I have 2 of the cheap Nashbar (velo) ti saddles. Interesting to see that folks are willing to pay 3x the price to get the Spank version.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Where did you get them?
Vinyl top.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
I bought the same saddle with a Nashbar logo for $25.
To bad it doesn't have a Frameworks logo on it, guaranteed to make you 3% faster while supporting 'merica DH at the same time.
Maybe you can silver sharpie one on there? :thumb:

Worth noting that in addition to the DH frames, all qty100 of these saddles sold out in less than 30 days.
Turns out Frameworks is hot shit right now while the rest of the industry is groveling and slashing prices.