Quantcast

Frameworks DH frames are happening

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
400K budget and a lot of available sponsor real estate. What will it take for an RM Go Fund Me to get an upside down monkey on their jerseys? Just imagine all the new user traffic it would drive to the site so we could demean n00bs and tell them about the time we scored 3 touchdowns in a high school football game and how much better the world was when people rode in hockey jerseys and hucked loading docks.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
400K budget and a lot of available sponsor real estate. What will it take for an RM Go Fund Me to get an upside down monkey on their jerseys? Just imagine all the new user traffic it would drive to the site so we could demean n00bs and tell them about the time we scored 3 touchdowns in a high school football game and how much better the world was when people rode in hockey jerseys and hucked loading docks.
Count me in :boss:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
How many $k's we talking here?

It might be a little late, or not?

What team can use a little RM magic the most? :) I'd love to see the upside down monkey on a WC UCI level jersey.

(whenever I wear my RM shirt, people, including my daughter, think it's an alien, HAHA)

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
RM sponsorship would be like the engineering/design consultants, except with 10 different (conflicting) opinions. And at least one of them would be so incoherent, it would look like it had been typed by an actual monkey. The only point of agreement would be that anything that the parts suppliers were providing was total garbage and inferior to stuff they'd made in their bong shed 15 years ago.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
If we were to give them some cash. They could spend it as they'd please. Maybe a little RM Slush Fund account. In trade for a little logo on the jersey.

Need Nutella? There ya go.

Non-watered down horse piss beer (Dunne needs a Guiness)? There ya go.

Pinkerton forgot his 5.10's? There ya go.

:D

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Non-watered down horse piss beer (Dunne needs a Guiness)? There ya go.
Wasn't Neko sponsored by Oscar Blues or something? I've never seen their stuff here but are they any good?

God if RM ever had input into a race team it would be the biggest shitshow going.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wasn't Neko sponsored by Oscar Blues or something? I've never seen their stuff here but are they any good?
he was. it was an effort to get some sponsorship funds from outside the mtb industry. their beers are solid. not top tier, but far from macro brews. they do more than IPAs thankfully. they make a really good scotch ale.

God if RM ever had input into a race team it would be the biggest shitshow going.
if pinkbike can do it, so can we

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
he was. it was an effort to get some sponsorship funds from outside the mtb industry. their beers are solid. not top tier, but far from macro brews. they do more than IPAs thankfully. they make a really good scotch ale.

if pinkbike can do it, so can we
dammit now i want a
1705529351753.jpeg

as far as a team, how about we have @troy send me a dark owl and i will race it in the dh southeast series and take input from monkeys. i'll even run over butch if you want.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Fun Fact: Monster Energy’s parents bought Oskar Blues a few years ago.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. Not sure how that sponsorship went. But they originally started here in Colorado, IIRC. Lyons? A couple sweet trails there. Nice little town. Decent beers for sure. I think they're in Longmont now in a giant building. Assuming you don't want watered down horse piss, you'd probably like them :D My go-to is the Dale's Pale ale. Or their Mama's Little Yella Pils. Pilsner for the lighter side. And everything in between. Can't go wrong.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah, thanks for the reminder. Not sure how that sponsorship went. But they originally started here in Colorado, IIRC. Lyons? A couple sweet trails there. Nice little town. Decent beers for sure. I think they're in Longmont now in a giant building. Assuming you don't want watered down horse piss, you'd probably like them :D My go-to is the Dale's Pale ale. Or their Mama's Little Yella Pils. Pilsner for the lighter side. And everything in between. Can't go wrong.
Being sponsored for bikes and beer is pretty much the dream. What a legend.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Didn't Oscar Blues open some sort of bike ranch something or other near Brevard?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Didn't Oscar Blues open some sort of bike ranch something or other near Brevard?
Indeed, my friends and i built some of
the shuttle trails, and ran slalom races there. The “Little Yella Pils” beer was for Dale’ mom, and she was living in the ranch house at the Reeb Ranch (Dale is Front Range via Alabama). Once Granny passed Dale lost interest in the site(an old ww2 POW-built dairy farm on the edge of the old Dupont spy camera film plant property) and sold it off.
Kanuga, The Riveter and Rock Creek popped up all around that same time Reeb Ranch closed, so no one misses it too much, lol

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Indeed, my friends and i built some of
the shuttle trails, and ran slalom races there. The “Little Yella Pils” beer was for Dale’ mom, and she was living in the ranch house at the Reeb Ranch (Dale is Front Range via Alabama). Once Granny passed Dale lost interest in the site(an old ww2 POW-built dairy farm on the edge of the old Dupont spy camera film plant property) and sold it off.
Kanuga, The Riveter and Rock Creek popped up all around that same time Reeb Ranch closed, so no one misses it too much, lol
Is that the place that had a large set of perfect looking dirt jumps, beside the road just before the parking lot on lake imaging road? It looked cool..

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
When we lived there, it was nice having OB's and Lefthand Brewing within just a few minutes from home!