Quantcast

<><><> Friday Fun Times GTM <><><>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well offer letter signed. Plan to start June 15th.

Now I am going all in on buying the house I have been looking at. There will be a lot of renovation work required but really nice house from 1929 with lots of space. Second row from the beach, you can ride to mtb trails and really nice road option along the water going north of Copenhagen. There is a huge as basement so I can finally get a place to fix my bike and hopefully take over all kinds of cool tools left behind. Even more special there is a parking spot and garage which for a New York is the ultimative luxury.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I've been up for over an hour, despite having gone to bed at 11pm. Tired but I can't sleep. Fuck that.

I've been debating getting a 24" cruiser so I have a bike to ride at the BMX track with Haley. My insomnia has led me to believe that I can find one used for <$200. BMX bikes are so cheap.

Also started poking around on Linkedin to see what's available in my area. Now that Wifey will likely be getting region appropriate income, I need to carry more weight on the income side. I guess I should really start working on finishing my CFP.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna couldn't find her ducky blanket-stuffed animal thing so I went in and found it for her 10 minutes ago. Now she's peacefully snoozing again. Kids have it made, I tell ya.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Broke the May 18th heat record in Maine yesterday with a high of 93. First ride of the year in hot weather and I felt it. Sweat out your sins.

Some massive thunder boomers rolled thru last night. The kind that shake your house, which I find to be awesome. My little Rat-Chi weasel dog does not and barked at them all night. He scares easily.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to bed at 9 last night...up at 6:30 as usual and still feel exhausted. have to give a talk later this morning. guess i should get busy finishing it up...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A hard run in 97 degree heat = I want to die. An easy bike ride in 97 degree heat = life is good. Yesterday was the latter.

I've got a hilly half marathon tomorrow. Finally I'll have some nice racing weather...I've been very unlucky with that this year. Tomorrow's race will be a small field, with less than 200 people. A top three finish would be cool.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Snow yesterday meant i didn't do shit last night except sit on the couch and take care of some of those little things you never want to attend to when it's nice out. Capped it off with a decent night of sleep. Hard to complain about that really.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, my workload these last two weeks has been heavy, more so than any other time I can remember. Have not riden bike since Monday, will fix that today. :monkey:

Also my condolences to DH_Girlie, she was deeply in love with Chris Cornell.

Also head sick is real sick, if you are feeling it get some help.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yeah, last night's heat was oppressive but the midnight storms were fabulous. Is today over, yet?
I moved to NYC for better weather but after 14 years in the heat and humidity I'm actually enjoying milder weather. Let's see how it goes when fall hits us with rain and dark days.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning all. There is some salt to mine here today. Some of it is not my salt and I am not sure why I am being asked to mine it. Hopefully someone sees the error of the request and asks the specialty miners to deal with their ore.

Riding home tonight, and then a graduation party for the son of a buddy. Also, my son, a rising freshman has his first HS football spring scrimmage tonight. He says the coach is going to play him. but it is a varsity game and I just don't see it happening. Maybe for a play or two, but that is it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've been debating getting a 24" cruiser so I have a bike to ride at the BMX track with Haley. My insomnia has led me to believe that I can find one used for <$200. BMX bikes are so cheap.
there are times when i'm looking at BMX bikes and i'm like, why the fuck am i even mountain biking?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Short heat wave + haven't put in window A/C units yet = didn't sleep well last night

My buddy's son's birthday party at a park tomorrow so basically a bunch of my friends hanging out while the kids play. Should be a decent time since we all don't get to see each other as much as we used to.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
there are times when i'm looking at BMX bikes and i'm like, why the fuck am i even mountain biking?
I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with that sometimes. My favorite bike to ride is still @SirChomps-a-Lot's Cove slalom bike (can't remember the model, ~2002 tube hardtail) and then the Yeti 4x/DJ interchangeably. If I could get one of those bikes for a reasonable price, I probably would.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with that sometimes. My favorite bike to ride is still @SirChomps-a-Lot's Cove slalom bike (can't remember the model, ~2002 tube hardtail) and then the Yeti 4x/DJ interchangeably. If I could get one of those bikes for a reasonable price, I probably would.
right? you can get a fully decked out BMX bike for less than the cost of a mid-tier mtb frame.

i've still got my 20", but would consider a 24" down the road.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Don't have a seizure like I did. Really do not recommend
my dad had one while my mom was pregnant with me. he was driving home from work. drive right off the fuggin' highway down a hill. thankfully he was in a '78 K5 blazer. had hardly a scratch - both him and the blazer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Come back to CO during July or August and I'm sure we can arrange a ride that will solidify why MTB is so awesome.
This. x4,392.

i've instated a work travel embargo while my wife is on leave.
She'll be busy with two kids, homeboy. Not to mention the sleep deprivation. Take a pleasure trip out here. She probably won't even notice.

:homer:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna couldn't find her ducky blanket-stuffed animal thing so I went in and found it for her 10 minutes ago. Now she's peacefully snoozing again. Kids have it made, I tell ya.
Yuna slept for about half an hour then came to find me shortly after 6. Notable things she said in order to cement her position in the household: "I love my daddy." "I love mommy." "I love Mariko." "Yuna happy. Ducky happy." (ducky being her same sleep-toy thing:

(It unfolds and is square shaped without that bow for packaging.)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy balls it's hot. About to go jump in the lake, again.

Rode a Yeti 29er of some sort; I might need a new bike...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well shit. Apparently the REI bike I want to get Haley is not under the Anniversary sale. I was banking on the discount to get the price within range of our gift cards and family gifts. Anybody need to buy something from REI that wants to help me monetize my dividend and gift cards?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well shit. Apparently the REI bike I want to get Haley is not under the Anniversary sale. I was banking on the discount to get the price within range of our gift cards and family gifts. Anybody need to buy something from REI that wants to help me monetize my dividend and gift cards?
just sell your extra backup backup backup spare monocle.