Quantcast

** Friday something something... **

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ended up having to spend 1000 USD to fix the window design issue. At least I got a better offer on all the appliances for the kitchen than I had hoped for. So in the end, I am equally poor this week.

Got a group of old friends from the teenage year at the house this weekend to party and have fun. We meet twice a year. Should be good times and the family has been sent to visit mother in law.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I heard the awesome 'bomb cyclone' term thrown around ... any chance you'll get snow out of this? (#silverlining)
The mountains might get some heavy wet snow, but the most precipitation will happen here in a form of rain - 4" of water south of Boston.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Whew....glad that commute is over. Winds howling at about 50-60 mph. - I just put the car in neutral and let Mother Nature take care of the rest. Last time I got blown like that, it cost me a week's salary and one of those tests TN takes....

No basketball practice for the kid tonight, so that means I can stop by my favorite pizza place and pick up the 24" wagon wheel pie on my way home. Gluttony powers....ENGAGE!!! :yes:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I heard the awesome 'bomb cyclone' term thrown around ... any chance you'll get snow out of this? (#silverlining)
Nope, along the coast all we can look forward to is Boston flooding.
5+" of rain, 75mph gusts, 35' seas and 15'+ over normal high tide.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today is the test: if Mariko wakes up sans fever then she and I head to Winter Park tonight. Otherwise I reschedule her expensive private lesson for December and call off the mini trip.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nope, along the coast all we can look forward to is Boston flooding.
5+" of rain, 75mph gusts, 35' seas and 15'+ over normal high tide.
On the upside you don’t have a wooden boat to worry about any more.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

So of course, I get a phone call yesterday that the Jeep needs ball joints, tie rods, etc. They quoted $1110. :shocked: Told them to put it back together and I'll do that shit myself. This is what I get for being lazy about the axel seal. Think we're putting a dog down this weekend too. FTS is through the roof and my week hasn't even started yet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wife has surgery Tuesday. Prep appt today. Getting the Subie back from Subaru service. They can't figure out the engine throttle issues. Wtf.

Mil coming into town tomorrow. Maybe get up and ski with Haley. Who knows...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
:wave:

So of course, I get a phone call yesterday that the Jeep needs ball joints, tie rods, etc. They quoted $1110. :shocked: Told them to put it back together and I'll do that shit myself. This is what I get for being lazy about the axel seal. Think we're putting a dog down this weekend too. FTS is through the roof and my week hasn't even started yet.
:(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my breakfast burrito is extra spicy and extra tasty this morning.
I Ubered in and arrived early as a side effect, so I got such a burrito from the hospital cafeteria. It was pretty good for $3.50 - whatever employee discount I get. Eggs, mild ground sausage, green chile, a little bit of cheese.

:notbadobama:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I Ubered in and arrived early as a side effect, so I got such a burrito from the hospital cafeteria. It was pretty good for $3.50 - whatever employee discount I get. Eggs, mild ground sausage, green chile, a little bit of cheese.

:notbadobama:
wawa makes a pretty solid burrito. eggs, bacon, salsa, pepper jack cheese, hash brown, guac, jalapenos.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry to hear about the doggo, @Pesqueeb .
On a positive note, you don't have to deal with this. Holy shit, what a terrible experience this must have been for everyone...

Was on a Dash 8 flight to Charlotte that was so bumpy that random items in the cabin spent as much time on the ceiling as on the floor. All the other passengers and flight attendant seemed rather nonplussed. I was sweating it a bit. Had it been a full airplane I would have expected to several people freak the fuck out and lose their lunch.