Quantcast

Friday Trackday

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My 530pm flight just got delayed to 630pm. Then 30 seconds later delayed to 8pm. But at least they said I can rebook to a different day or fly through a different city. God damn brussel sprout monkeys.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My 530pm flight just got delayed to 630pm. Then 30 seconds later delayed to 8pm. But at least they said I can rebook to a different day or fly through a different city. God damn brussel sprout monkeys.
You should have flown America, they only announce delays 20 minutes at a time 20 minutes after it is time to board.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Trying to explain to this customer that he shouldn't send us photos of his credit card with every order he puts in. He keeps telling me he's never had a problem so do you guys want some cool stuff?

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Y u no rock creek? I went to Kanuga once before rock creek opened, but heck no I'm not paying a decent amount of $ and not be shuttled to the top. And unless you want a few jumps, there are trails just as good to ride for free all around the area, imo. I don't get the appeal of Kanuga, but to each their own, I guess...
Because it was free. That’s the only way I’ll ride Kanuga.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Slept in a bit. Did some work. Hanging with/helping wife. Kids are out of school today and Monday. Taking things day by day...

Y u no rock creek? I went to Kanuga once before rock creek opened, but heck no I'm not paying a decent amount of $ and not be shuttled to the top. And unless you want a few jumps, there are trails just as good to ride for free all around the area, imo. I don't get the appeal of Kanuga, but to each their own, I guess...
Shhhh... it's a place that is luring the ebikes away from the trails. We should be promoting it! :busted:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So just 2 hours until boarding.

I'm at the gate, my luggage is at another concourse and my bike hasn't left the terminal yet...
Screenshot_20240216_170833_SmartThings.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so I logged onto the CA EMS Certificate verification website this afternoon, entered my EMT Lic Number and low and behold the powers that be have extended my EMT lic to 3/31/2026. Somehow at that point I'm guessing that I will, at age 69, be one of the oldest EMTs in CA

1708130945867.png

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Trailer is blocked up, all the lights are out, harnesses are all liberally wrapped in tape and the wheels are off. Should be ready to go. Now to get packed for AZ. Probably only riding one day, but I’ll take it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, so I just had a humbling experience that can happen to anyone. Costa Rican.cash has really small numbers, and I haven’t memorized the exchange rate. Classic gringo move, I handed a taxi driver what I thought was about $4.00, (I didn’t have my glasses on, at night), I basically gave him $40.00.
I hope at least he buys his gal dinner, and he gets some nookie.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Glad I've spent half the day sitting at the airport and they just delayed another 40mins.
Fly they said, it will be faster they said.

Long ago I gave up on flying anywhere I could drive to in a day, because ultimately it always takes a full day, if not more. Things are a little better on the west coast. With east coast flying you will be flying to, or your plane coming from an airport that is over capacity and suffers from thunderstorms/freezing rain/snow. Most flights from the Charlottesville airport had a 30% on time rating with an average delay of 2 hours. Now I have an airport that takes 40 minutes to drive the last 2 miles to get to and a 40+ minute security line.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fly they said, it will be faster they said.

Long ago I gave up on flying anywhere I could drive to in a day, because ultimately it always takes a full day, if not more. Things are a little better on the west coast. With east coast flying you will be flying to, or your plane coming from an airport that is over capacity and suffers from thunderstorms/freezing rain/snow. Most flights from the Charlottesville airport had a 30% on time rating with an average delay of 2 hours.
I follow that same philosophy, but this crosses an ocean if we ever get going.

Plane is also covered in 3+" of fresh snow to delay us some more with a de-icing stop.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
They just sent meal vouchers to spend on the concourse because of the delays.

While the plane is about to board.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I used to sell/support 6000 Watt CO2 oscillators to Trumpf for laser cutting machines.

pew pew pew
The HQ locating here in the 90's was initially a varying curiosity. It is just an enormous shell within Deutschland 'DRUMPF' (k)nee Trump family tree. Could care less about what'd they be doing would uninitiated, repeat personal interactions with Donald J. Trump et al. not have a storied history w/ me, my family and local law enforcement. (my pops did rearrange Money Buckets face multiple times, was not him placed in the back of a squad car. There may be some pics...)