Quantcast

.*.*. Friday .*.*.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Almost had my first real breakdown yesterday after my ride. Car would turn over and fire up with some throttle, but would die at idle. Finally got it going, but methinks the EGR valve is toast and sticking open.

I'll be doing a bit more diagnostic work today, then perhaps tracking one down to see if that's for sure it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning LOL!!! I am clocked into work, kind of waiting for some fallout after giving my notice yesterday. This morning I will tell my staff, and once they know, everybody will find out.

Anyway, I got out for my daily early run this morning. One hour, 8.75 miles. Felt pretty good!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
'Morning LOL!!! I am clocked into work, kind of waiting for some fallout after giving my notice yesterday. This morning I will tell my staff, and once they know, everybody will find out.

Anyway, I got out for my daily early run this morning. One hour, 8.75 miles. Felt pretty good!
make sure you tell them what you expect in terms of last day send off....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I hope to not work today—off but the backup person in case someone extra is needed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sup, snow flurries forecaster for tonight. Lame!

Looking for an XC hardtail, what online classifieds do you all use?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you hope to not work today but are the back up person just in case?
My personal desire is to not work.

The schedule, which I do not create, has me listed as backup, though, so I’m in jeopardy.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Been thinking for the past month my grill wasn't long for this world, as the non-removable grease tray was starting to rot out pretty badly. Sure enough, I looked out the kitchen window last night to see the whole thing in a ball of fire. Pulled the tank out and hosed it down before things got really ugly. I got about 10 years out of it and it was my first "big" purchase after I bought my first house, so I can't complain.

Going to pick up a new Napoleon right now, can't say I'm not excited about it. Going to christen it tonight with 5 lb of teriyaki tips from the local butcher.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got what is bound to be the last "bonus" check for sometime yesterday. Was about 1/10th of normal. Still awaiting news on my voluntary furlough, so I guess profit situation can't be that bad. :rolleyes:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Been thinking for the past month my grill wasn't long for this world, as the non-removable grease tray was starting to rot out pretty badly. Sure enough, I looked out the kitchen window last night to see the whole thing in a ball of fire. Pulled the tank out and hosed it down before things got really ugly. I got about 10 years out of it and it was my first "big" purchase after I bought my first house, so I can't complain.

Going to pick up a new Napoleon right now, can't say I'm not excited about it. Going to christen it tonight with 5 lb of teriyaki tips from the local butcher.
Fun fact, Napoleon's penis was removed during autopsy, and subsequently has exchanged many hands through time, finally culminating in it being sold for $3,000 in the 70s. $3,000 of Napoleon penis has proved to be a better investment than Facebook, Google, Apple, or Microsoft, with it's estimated worth today being in the range of $100,000.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Fun fact, Napoleon's penis was removed during autopsy, and subsequently has exchanged many hands through time, finally culminating in it being sold for $3,000 in the 70s. $3,000 of Napoleon penis has proved to be a better investment than Facebook, Google, Apple, or Microsoft, with it's estimated worth today being in the range of $100,000.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Another fun fact, the sausages on the grill after the fire was put out looked exactly like Napoleon's dick

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Was so close on Tuesday replacing a stovetop thinking it'd broke Monday. 376.00 + near 100.00 to ship from Miami. No crossing Alligator Alley with covfefe19's massive boner to avoid shipping glass. Pissed, aborted it for later.
Not a crack. Overhead lighting on full earlier made a glare, it's a black stovetop w/ ceramic rings; the zone had the 'crack' fade beneath the ring.

'tis but a scratch and toothpaste w/ baking powder can soften the edge if not remove it before my next Lasagna.

Hq4FnSZHpA.png

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Allergies are crushing my soul and face today. I should ride my bike. Had two 1-hour interviews yesterday for one job, the first was with two people (product owner and tech project manager) and the second was with the engineering team which included four (4) software engineers and two (2) QA engineers. It was interesting, and not nearly as terrifying as I anticipated. I think it went pretty well. And yes, I do have an offer on the table (which I have signed) but there's no start date on that offer due to a temp hiring freeze. So, I'll continue to interview if I am granted an interview. We'll see if something comes of this job... not sure I'd like the job itself quite as much as the offer on the table, but the Doll Hairs and Ben Infants would be many more.

I had no idea what that was. I just looked it up.............
I am not making this mistake.