Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Dog is still finding it weird that I am here when the kids aren't.
My buddy is moving from Maryland to Alaska. His wife and almost 2 year old daughter were gone while the movers were there. They posted a video of their daughter running around the empty house as clueless as a Penguin in the Desert wondering where their stuff went.

This must be what it's like to live in San Diego....except I can afford my house and food.
No kidding, just got back to AZ from SD on Tuesday. It was like going from the fridge straight into the oven. The houses out on Coronado cost about $1M just for a small house. No thanks lizards.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
She rounded a blind corner in an obscured vision area and came across a healthy sized, uber pissed off rattler right in the middle of the trail.
Teach her to bunny hop. Er, snek-hopz.
I came very close to telling dispatch to take this job and shove it last night when the piled on trips that extended my day by an hour.
You are hourly at least?

Full Trucker: what did you say to uphill dog-lady?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I dropped off Mariko at school and climbed for a bit. Four auto-belay routes and a little bouldering and my arms are just shot. Now a meeting to plan yet more research then finally done quality time with MATLAB? since I haven't done much anything productive in that front in a week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Worked on projects and rode the trainer last night. I came very close to telling dispatch to take this job and shove it last night when the piled on trips that extended my day by an hour.

going to install a new roof vent fan in the camper tomorrow. It should be a pain in the ass because it appears to be an easy job to swap out the old one.
Do post detail of the install....this is an item we have thought about adding to ours.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still not yet noon Monkeys.

Need to have a short day, not sure that will happen. Bought a Hot Wheels track "lot" from ebay and got a ton of track pieces, not a single track connector. :shakefist:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still not yet noon Monkeys.

Need to have a short day, not sure that will happen. Bought a Hot Wheels track "lot" from ebay and got a ton of track pieces, not a single track connector. :shakefist:

As a broke ass child I made track connectors by cutting out chunks of plastic from discarded milk jugs, Tupperware lids etc.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I put fresh batteries in the scale for the first time since I started the job from hell (Feb, and quit in Aug). ...:o:o:oConsider me properly motivated! Pre run yoga, 45 min run, and post yoga today. (I did already have a slow start with the running since unemployment... now I'm just not skipping a day!!)

Speaking of unemployment, there seems to be a lack of interesting work I'm qualified for out there. I need direction!

At least the house is clean and there is beer in the kegerator... :cheers:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As a broke ass child I made track connectors by cutting out chunks of plastic from discarded milk jugs, Tupperware lids etc.

When it didn't show on Friday, I bought a builders kit that came with some, but the lot I bought on the ebay came with another 30+ feet of track and a few interesting objects. I found a guy selling 10 packs of connectors on ebay for $5, I will get a few and be set for a while.

I wish you could buy corners, but the only ones they offer suck and only a few "vintage" ones on ebay even worth a damn.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I put fresh batteries in the scale for the first time since I started the job from hell (Feb, and quit in Aug). ...:o:o:oConsider me properly motivated! Pre run yoga, 45 min run, and post yoga today. (I did already have a slow start with the running since unemployment... now I'm just not skipping a day!!)

Speaking of unemployment, there seems to be a lack of interesting work I'm qualified for out there. I need direction!

At least the house is clean and there is beer in the kegerator... :cheers:
Damn!@ MY unemployment doesn't come with a kegerator!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
stoke level still high. implemented fuckit friday amd went to the other pisgah. had planned a long-ish, remote dethmarch. after first descent, however, derailleur was fuxored and would only not skip in either very high or very low gear. route altered to keep me closer to car and only on gravel climbs/gnar descents rather than more remote with lots of punchy ups and downs. sunny, temps in high 60s. still got in 27 miles/4300' of ups n downs.

for any monkeys who might be up there this fall, the last descent on schoolhouse is so gullied out as to be as unrideabru as my 26" wheeled, vpp, fuxored derailleur bike.

creek beers at car, of course. home to breakfast for dinner and moar beers. LE TIRED.

gullies: #barzdeep. this one wasn't even the worst.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Busy day here. Rode on the dirt road in the park, hiked in the tundra, then hiked to many lakes, saw elks, plenty of small animals and also had a close encounter with a marten.

IMG_20170908_161410-01.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stoke level still high. implemented fuckit friday amd went to the other pisgah. had planned a long-ish, remote dethmarch. after first descent, however, derailleur was fuxored and would only not skip in either very high or very low gear. route altered to keep me closer to car and only on gravel climbs/gnar descents rather than more remote with lots of punchy ups and downs. sunny, temps in high 60s. still got in 27 miles/4300' of ups n downs.

for any monkeys who might be up there this fall, the last descent on schoolhouse is so gullied out as to be as unrideabru as my 26" wheeled, vpp, fuxored derailleur bike.

creek beers at car, of course. home to breakfast for dinner and moar beers. LE TIRED.

gullies: #barzdeep. this one wasn't even the worst.
Take the high line to the left or the right. Bunnyhop from one to another like a boss for extra street cred.