Quantcast

***FTS GMT Monday***

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Moved some tools in the wood and installed couple of new parts on the bike. Methinks I might ride backyard trails tomorrow.

Now having a noon burrito.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Car payment free since 2007.

I don't hate it. I just don't care about it. :homer:
Leverage is good, when you have the capital to back it up.

Our mtge is 2.5%. The money that would theoretically be used to pay it down proactively was put into a HSA with a greater yield and a fixed fund with an even higher yield, but some volatility risk. Once you have 1yr+ of buffer, then investing the rest long-term is just wise. The growth on money that would have been used to pay off my mortgage quicker is instead paying for over half of the new tankless water heater. 25% RoR vs. 2.5% is pretty good math. Sure, it took a shit for a while there, but I have 1yr+ of capital, so the risk is somewhat inconsequential. But it's all about having the capital to back it up.

Leverage without capital to back it up? Time bomb. Expensive leverage? Time bomb.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Our mtge is 2.5%. The money that would theoretically be used to pay it down proactively was put into a HSA with a greater yield and a fixed fund with an even higher yield, but some volatility risk. Once you have 1yr+ of buffer, then investing the rest long-term is just wise. The growth on money that would have been used to pay off my mortgage quicker is instead paying for over half of the new tankless water heater. 25% RoR vs. 2.5% is pretty good math. Sure, it took a shit for a while there, but I have 1yr+ of capital, so the risk is somewhat inconsequential. But it's all about having the capital to back it up.

Leverage without capital to back it up? Time bomb. Expensive leverage? Time bomb.
You're right about all this stuff.

Still don't care.

No debt = good (for me).

Now you'll have to excuse me, as I have to go make some appointments with roofing companies... :mad: :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You're right about all this stuff.

Still don't care.

No debt = good (for me).

Now you'll have to excuse me, as I have to go make some appointments with roofing companies... :mad: :D
The solar company is supposed to be here taking panels off right now. The roof is getting replaced Friday. They are not here. I don't need this stress in my life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The solar company is supposed to be here taking panels off right now. The roof is getting replaced Friday. They are not here. I don't need this stress in my life.
Fire them and get someone else to do it. It can't be rocket science to remove the panels.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When Carl comes into the office, we always get tacos. Apparently they don't have tacos like this in Silverton. I told him they didn't have Mexicans in Silverton, either.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

the boy? time bomb

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Here. Decided the tankless is long-term the better investment, so sent confirm email. Hoping for install tomorrow.

Colleague that got the promotion over me said they had their first "lead" meeting and he was the youngest by 20yrs. It was pretty clear that the promotion was the solution for the raise issue they had around him because the conversation was largely based on the assumption that you already knew company structure and management. During our team meeting last week he couldn't explain some changes to our analytics software (human capital assumptions in Modern Portfolio Theory), so I ended up having to step in to answer everybody's questions. The "we fucked up" look on my boss's face just got worse because right before our call, I told him that the other group gave me an assumed mid-May timeline. He's going to lose arguably one of the most senior people in the entire department and there isn't a fucking thing he can do about it. Amusingly, I got an email from his boss this morning asking how things were going and if there was anything he could help me with. :rolleyes:

HBD @Full Trucker
Sorry @Adventurous

Why is Mission Square not bring in one of their CFPs? And have, you know, an actual financial professional do financial education. Not to hate, but some of the things you've done in the past have made me scratch my head.
Hold the fuck on, you didn't get the promotion again? And you still work there? I commend your ability to not burn that place down. . . JFC.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fire them and get someone else to do it. It can't be rocket science to remove the panels.
Liability, plus it needs to be reinstalled. They shows up about 20min ago.

We're going to go with stone-coated steel this time around. I have absolutely no delusions that the hail we had last year is going to be an isolated event going forward. :mad:
Level 3 asphalt.

This is how Stoney gets dead.

Hold the fuck on, you didn't get the promotion again? And you still work there? I commend your ability to not burn that place down. . . JFC.
Quick summary, I didn't get the promotion. Immediately applied for a CFP position in a different silo (retail HNW vs. govt employer). Their Private Client group said no because I haven't been actively using my CFP and they want the active practice. They instead had me interview with their Sr. Director for the level down - Wealth Mgmt. Same role, just smaller acct balances (still large). Turns out they interviewed me for a job that doesn't even exist yet, so when it gets approved, it's mine. They've told me not to schedule my meetings out past May 15th.

So yeah. That's where I'm at. My boss is looking at the dust behind me, even though it haven't left yet. My colleague that knows is already opening up his calendar expecting to get crushed with meetings from unhappy high dollar clients. My boss's boss has finally realized that I account for almost half of our team's business retention and one third of our new business, even though I make up ~20% of our meetings (4 person team).

The other group is completely separate from my current group. They aren't even in the same wealth & investment management management hierarchy until the C-levels. So yeah.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So yeah. That's where I'm at. My boss is looking at the dust behind me, even though it haven't left yet. My colleague that knows is already opening up his calendar expecting to get crushed with meetings from unhappy high dollar clients. My boss's boss has finally realized that I account for almost half of our team's business retention and one third of our new business, even though I make up ~20% of our meetings (4 person team).

The other group is completely separate from my current group. They aren't even in the same wealth & investment management management hierarchy until the C-levels. So yeah.
my granny used to say...... shit or get off the pot. sounds like they did neither now are about to deal with the real shit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Seriously, I laughed when I saw them, then my wife gave me shit for not buying them. Then I had them and they are surprisingly good.

The Lucky Charms waffle mix I got was awesome, but it's a cup of cereal. This is just the marshmallows. They do stick, so parchment paper is ideal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
0.2 DC amps are lethal, the average single 200-watt panel puts out at least 12.0 amps, so yeah, it's not a job for mental midgets.
But .2Amps cannot pass through your body without significant voltage, panels are not inductive devices so they aren't going to spike voltage when contact is broken. An average car battery is significantly more dangerous.

However Stony did go to the ER after drilling into a wall and shocking himself, so he clearly would find a way and should not try it himself.