Quantcast

>>>FTS Midweek GMT<<<

Harumph.

Went to put the tailgate back on the new truck this morning and it slipped outta my hands and the corner got dinged and took off some paint. That's gonna eat at me now. Son of a :rant:
Things get easier after the first ding.

Coming in late to let a subordinate leave correspondingly early. I may catch some flak for this.
I fucking hope not...

Morning Monkies. Last night I went to a barn sale 25 miles out of town, there were 5 buildings an 4 buyers. I filled up the van for $400.00. Its still full and I now own a half dozen blacksmith made meat hooks and 1950s Snap-On tool box full of Snap-On, Proto and Plumb mechanic tools. And a hydraulic juice press with enough force to lift a small house. Theye were giving away a 1970s double hull fiberglass 18' pleasure boat... so tempting.
You want more hand forged stuff?

Raining. Made a run to The Alchemist, worked on plumbing in pod.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
semi productive day at work. wife is on a work trip until saturday. kids are still alive. parents get into town tomorrow for their semi-annual visit/harrassment session. grilling burgers and drinking beers. almost finished modding the old schwinn for the 8yo. replaced cranks, bb, pedals, stem, bars. banished front derailleur. ready to put a 9 speed cassette, rear derailleur, and shifter on tonight. dropped a few pounds amd gained some efficiency. sweet.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I fucking hope not...
It seems all has ended well. The reason people could have been up in arms is because he's technically a fellow (as in between resident and attending levels--although in his case he practiced for a few years after residency as an attending in his own right). It would have been a "complain about a technicality because you don't like the people involved" issue, and it seems that neither of us have pissed off enough people to garner that.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
You should get the ones that fit best.

And yes, I'm serious.

:D
Yeah what fits best is most important but climate and type of hiking can make or break a good fitting shoe.
Since you wont be walking in rain i would stay away from goretex.
Otherwise I would have recomended a Lowa Zephyr or Renegade.

In this case the Salomons mentioned before will be hard to beat.

Another thing that is just as important as shoes is socks tho.
Ive been using 3 different thicknesses of Smart/Merino wool and been very happy with them in many types of weather.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wet trails = road ride for lunch. I got new shoes and my cleats aren't adjustimitized so my bum knee hurts. I should either adjust the cleat or never ride the road bike again. My legs are WEAK from this Winter. I vaguely remember this last Spring, the the Spring before, and .....
Fairly sure a bunch were heading to drop into Apex as we went out for post work crit night.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Morning Monkies. Last night I went to a barn sale 25 miles out of town, there were 5 buildings an 4 buyers. I filled up the van for $400.00. Its still full and I now own a half dozen blacksmith made meat hooks and 1950s Snap-On tool box full of Snap-On, Proto and Plumb mechanic tools. And a hydraulic juice press with enough force to lift a small house. Theye were giving away a 1970s double hull fiberglass 18' pleasure boat... so tempting.
Lucky!!! All ive scored this week is a craftsman spinner ratchet. Had to buy it off epay, but ive been looking for to long. My buddy did give me a bunch of old dental tools which are cool but hard to find someone to let me use them on.

Now ive got decisions to make after a long early week.

thumbnail_IMG_1540.jpg