Quantcast

##>FTS Thursderp GMT<##

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah still sick. Making poops that are appalling at best.

Got my written annual review yesterday, bang up as expected. Still waiting for the verbal part today to find out about any raise. Going to talk with my direct manager about career path before following up with Director because he brought it up in the written part of my review.

Apparently Haley had swim Tuesday, which I though was today. Oops.

Today consists of needing to get coffee grounds. Huge effort.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Going to see the local soccer team get a beat down by one of the top Spanish teams and eating a big fat burger with some good beer before the game.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Driving home last night my truck all of a sudden started feeling sluggish. Then It got quite a bit louder. My O2 sensor blew out of my right side catalytic converter. The studs on the pipe had rusted to a point of weakness and they failed. The truck is old and paid for, but is starting to really rust out. Maine's love of calcium chloride destroys exhaust systems. I did manage to use a metal clamp and drive it in to work. Gonna see what my mechanic friend can come up with to fix it without replacing the converter.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Not skiing today although I could per my schedule, because my back wasn’t happy on the slopes yesterday. Painting day for Mariko’s room, which is to become a shared kids’ room with a bunk bed by the end of Friday.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Driving home last night my truck all of a sudden started feeling sluggish. Then It got quite a bit louder. My O2 sensor blew out of my right side catalytic converter. The studs on the pipe had rusted to a point of weakness and they failed. The truck is old and paid for, but is starting to really rust out. Maine's love of calcium chloride destroys exhaust systems. I did manage to use a metal clamp and drive it in to work. Gonna see what my mechanic friend can come up with to fix it without replacing the converter.
Basically the only problems I had with my Volvo was all the damn salt on the road in NYC eating break dics and everything it cold under the car. I am happy to have my own indoor park now for when I get a car.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, people of the internet! I swam 5000 yards before work. That's 50 football fields. Almost three damn miles. Actual swim time was 99 minutes. My arms are sufficiently tired now. Good times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Maine will do that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
freezing rain this morning. I normally ride bike path 70% of my commute in, but sidewalks and paths were pure ice. people we falling all over the place. the road was fine though, so I said fuck it and rode in the middle of the road. I managed to get all the green lights, and never felt like I held up traffic, so that was nice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello, people of the internet! I swam 5000 yards before work. That's 50 football fields. Almost three damn miles. Actual swim time was 99 minutes. My arms are sufficiently tired now. Good times.
How you do that stuff that early and then go to work is amazing. I'd be doing this at work after that...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Cubano and quiche at the local coffee hole. Need to walk the dogs when I get back, then accomplish all the usual household BS. I should be skiing but woman-child has violin recital this evening. Tomorrow I suppose.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently the storm is about 12 hours late for the northern mountains. 2.5" report (at 5am) for 24 hours - but the cam is now showing 8". BRING IT! :monkeydance:
? Loveland showing 2". Boo. If wifey didn't have work tomorrow I know where we would be.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I just watched the snow cam, makes me real jelly :(
Mmmm... an inch an hour is a really nice rate of accumulation.

I should have added - out here, in addition to gravel, they use mag chloride. But mostly it's gravel. Big-ass gravel that invariably cracks the shit out of every windshield in every vehicle every winter. :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Steamboat... by this time tomorrow I *ought* to be floating down through perfectly spaced aspen trees in copious quantities of blower... it's coming straight down at 20* right now. :drool:
WKD RDR is going to Das Boat this weekend as well. Girlfriend is working Fri-Sat. There's blower pow, bro. Why am I not going to Das Boat again? You got room for a dirtbag to sleep on a floor wherever you're staying?