Quantcast

*fug thoisday*

Because you are the first one here.

Morning Monkies! I was out partying until 9:30 last night. 5 am came and went this morning but but 6AM cannot be ignored. Sluggish is an understatement. Kind of wish they still made cocain toothpaste.
Cocaine. I was poking around looking for toothpaste this morning and came across a pile of opiates prescribed for this and that since oh, say, 1845. They give me 50, I take one. Need to dump them all.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cocaine. I was poking around looking for toothpaste this morning and came across a pile of opiates prescribed for this and that since oh, say, 1845. They give me 50, I take one. Need to dump them all.
Dump them in public sewer and the whole town will be high for a week.

Morning. Up since 5:15AM because of work and early meetings. I am tired of the time difference with IST and my calendar being constipated between 7AM and 12PM with moar meetings in the afternoon pretty much every day.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dogs fed coffee brewing. Since I lost weight I figured it was time to put my lightweight wheels back on the road bike.. Mavic Cosmic Elites, pulled them out of storage and the hub body was seriously gummed up. I could barely turn it. Pulled up the instructions for service and started taking it apart. effing could not get that damn hub body off. Ended up taking it to the shop. $60 and it now has new sealed bearings and the hub body rotates so smoothly. Can't wait to put the wheels back onto the Colnago.

wish I could skip work and go ride today

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Most fire depts and pharmacies have a drug return policy, so you can keep the drugs from landfills and potential water contamination.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Working. Ugh.

Most fire depts and pharmacies have a drug return policy, so you can keep the drugs from landfills and potential water contamination.
Years ago I found myself with a box of very old ammunition of various calibre. I wasn't going to shoot it and wanted to dispose of safely so I took it to the police station. The cop looked at me like I had two heads. Maybe it was that, and I was carrying a big box of shells/bullets.

I believe pharmacies will take old drugs and dispose of them too.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good ride last night with a few fellow monkeys. Man I love riding my bike. I should probably show it some love, the rear end sounds like I have a baby bird in there for a damper. Chirp chirp chirp.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Leaving work at 2pm to go pick up wheels/tires in ye 'ol trailer down in Springfield, MA. Good day for a drive too, 62deg and sunny. Lift is currently out for delivery. Re-read the install manual for the 11th and 12th time last night....helping to ease the apprehension of taking an angle and/or die grinder to such a new vehicle. YOLO, amirite?

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Leaving work at 2pm to go pick up wheels/tires in ye 'ol trailer down in Springfield, MA. Good day for a drive too, 62deg and sunny. Lift is currently out for delivery. Re-read the install manual for the 11th and 12th time last night....helping to ease the apprehension of taking a die grinder to such a new vehicle. YOLO, amirite?
Whatcha gotta die grinder? Gotta pop holes for the hydrobumps?

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Whatcha gotta die grinder? Gotta drill holes for the hydrobumps?
For the bumpstops, I have to cut the jounce tubes in the front down about 1.5-2", making sure it's as straight as possible. Gonna try with a few pipe cutter setups first, but will resort to the angle grinder and cutoff wheel as plan B.

Might have to die grind a couple cutouts on the spring perches for the fitting to the remote reservoir on the Fox shocks (about 1" wide, 1" deep)...said sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. But that's less of a concern.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
For the bumpstops, I have to cut the jounce tubes in the front down about 1.5-2", making sure it's as straight as possible. Gonna try with a few pipe cutter setups first, but will resort to the angle grinder and cutoff wheel as plan B.

Might have to die grind a couple cutouts on the spring perches for the fitting to the remote reservoir on the Fox shocks (about 1" wide, 1" deep)...said sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. But that's less of a concern.
If you want I'd be happy to take an angle grinder to your Jeep. IDGAF.

Just remember to paint your freshly exposed metal otherwise your poor heep will be another victim of MA rot.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I do have a 90 minute massage scheduled in about an hour as part of my effort to be less angry, depressed, and/or violent.
I don't know if I'm any less angry, depressed, and/or violent, but I did sleep like a baby last night. I feel like I lost a fight this morning though, even my goddamn thumbs hurt. WTF?

. Mavic Cosmic Elites, pulled them out of storage and the hub body was seriously gummed up. I could barely turn it. Pulled up the instructions for service and started taking it apart. effing could not get that damn hub body off. Ended up taking it to the shop. $60 and it now has new sealed bearings and the hub body rotates so smoothly. Can't wait to put the wheels back onto the Colnago.

wish I could skip work and go ride today
This reminds me. I should go shopping for new wheels for the single speed. It's been months since I rode the commuter to work after the rear wheel came apart on me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My boss just reminded me that I am currently wearing a $450 watch (Garmin), which is worth more than another of my colleague's car. I'm thinking dude needs a raise...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lies.
I'm looking out my windows and it's dumping snow.
Huh. Hasn't started down here on the western plains yet.

I drove the kids in and drove myself in just in case… and am planning on exiting the building about 1 PM after the second of two meetings today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
At Starbux waiting out traffic in @Toshi's neck of the woods (Pena Blvd) after taking Mom to the airport this morning.

I'll be fluid-filming it every fall (like I did last fall) to help with that....but that shit's inevitable. Unfortunately.
1997 Subaru - 200K miles. Original exhaust. One tiny spot of rust on the front pillar from a rock strike back in 1997. :monkey:

My boss just reminded me that I am currently wearing a $450 watch (Garmin), which is worth more than another of my colleague's car. I'm thinking dude needs a raise...
Or perhaps he's doing it right. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ftfy.
I'm about this close > < to quittng drinking entirely. Aside from the social aspect of meeting a friend for a beer, I'm over it.
Yea. This week has been something of a revelation for me. Not sure I'm going to go full AA, had two glasses of wine the other night with friends over wine and cheese and had fun, but as far as work-a-day or at home drinking, I think I'm done.