Quantcast

Full body/up onto neck tattoos: Too scumbag?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
i gotta say no to neck tats my brothers and I were talking about this over the weekend funny a saw this thread. My 1 brother and I both have work done but it is concealable, mine is on my ribs my brother has some arm stuff done.

I think the words came out of our mouths ' if you have neck tats you are a scumbag'

id go with something you can cover up
You have ink and you actually have the nerve to call someone with a neck tat a scumbag!?! Havent any of you ever heard the saying "dont judge a book by its cover" and who the fvck are you to judge anyone anyway? Some people.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
there's nothing universally wrong or right about any type of tattoo, regardless of size, location, subject matter, etc. Do what YOU want, it's your body.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
AHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOHHHHHHH K, after reading your one serious post in this thread, I will take that as a joke I guess. I just cant stand people judging others based on appearance.
There is a big difference judging someone on appearance because of how they were born vs how they choose to look. If some dud was walking down the street in a pink leather studded halter top, leather thong and chaps most people are going to think he is pretty gay. Same way most people are going to think that someone with neck tattoos is a scumbag. Last I checked people are not born with neck tattoos but choose to get them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
AHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOHHHHHHH K, after reading your one serious post in this thread, I will take that as a joke I guess. I just cant stand people judging others based on appearance.
It indeed was a joke!

I as well cannot stand judging others on appearance.

All my ink is currently able to be covered by a shirt. Sometimes my chest piece shows a little bit, but that's only if I'm wearing a t-shirt. If I'm somewhere I'm wearing a tee, then it doesn't matter if its showing.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
There is a big difference judging someone on appearance because of how they were born vs how they choose to look. If some dud was walking down the street in a pink leather studded halter top, leather thong and chaps most people are going to think he is pretty gay. Same way most people are going to think that someone with neck tattoos is a scumbag. Last I checked people are not born with neck tattoos but choose to get them.

What?!?! Yeah, you may think he is gay but that doesnt mean he is. Maybe he is just messing with someone, you dont know unless you know that person. You are stereotyping people by the way they look. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
You have ink and you actually have the nerve to call someone with a neck tat a scumbag!?! Havent any of you ever heard the saying "dont judge a book by its cover" and who the fvck are you to judge anyone anyway? Some people.
keep on winning buddy...yep i called them a scumbag, live with it, it's trashy...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I have a full sleeve, chest piece, and pieces on my lower stomach and right leg. I work in a professional environment (Law office) as an admin./paralegal, and never have any issues.

I used to manage Condo. Associations (11 of them), and one night after a meeting one of my board members approached me with a disappointed look on her face. Said something like, "I couldn't help but notice your tattoos on you arm when your sleeve slid up. What do you have done? I just got my first one last week."

We ended up having a really interesting conversation about tattoos for about 20 minutes after our HOA meeting. Something I never would have expected... NEVER. Turns out she was disappointed, just intrigued.

Never judge a book... you know?

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Arguing over something like this is pointless. Everyone has a different opinion on it. Just cause some people think its trashy, really doesn't mean sh!t. Half the people that share that opinion, probably share the same gay tribal arm band that they picked off the wall at their local tattoo shop. But since they can keep it covered, its A-ok :biggrin:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
despite what others say, you catch on pretty quickly.

I guess I just dont agree with what your saying then. I dont meet someone, and say its a guy and they have long hair, well that must mean your a dirty hippie. Guy could be say a lawyer, with long hair, just cant put a label on someone until you really know what that person is like. Being you go see so many bands and see all types of people you should know that.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
...the guy I apprenticed with always said NO when he was asked to do hands, neck and face. He said that was reserved for people in the tattoo industry etc.
what a pretentious prick. tattoos are about self-expression. how is any respectable artist going to tell someone they CAN'T get a tat on a certain part of their body? give me a f'ing break. tell that dude to swallow some nutz.

opinions are like ***holes...everyone has one.
so true. and they ALL smell like sh!t.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
what a pretentious prick. tattoos are about self-expression. how is any respectable artist going to tell someone they CAN'T get a tat on a certain part of their body? give me a f'ing break. tell that dude to swallow some nutz.

ha ha ha, nice.

Yeah I went through the same sh!t though, guy in Atlanta wouldnt do my fingers, I had to go to someone I know. Ended up better that way anyhow.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I guess I just dont agree with what your saying then. I dont meet someone, and say its a guy and they have long hair, well that must mean your a dirty hippie. Guy could be say a lawyer, with long hair, just cant put a label on someone until you really know what that person is like. Being you go see so many bands and see all types of people you should know that.
if you think that no one draws any impressions upon visual observation i'd say you are delusional.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
if any of you knew anything about brungeman the dude has a tone of tattoos done very well. but you would never know it until he wants you to...pretty good way to do it, best of both worlds...

i would love to have a sleeve if i was a rockstar or self made millionaire but choose not to because it does impact negatively on you in most real life situations...i keep my tats hidden away and suprise alot of people.

johhnyboI must have neck ink

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
if you think that no one draws any impressions upon visual observation i'd say you are delusional.
I never said that, I just said I didnt agree with it. It obviously happens, just read through this thread.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
if any of you knew anything about brungeman the dude has a tone of tattoos done very well. but you would never know it until he wants you to...pretty good way to do it, best of both worlds...

i would love to have a sleeve if i was a rockstar or self made millionaire but choose not to because it does impact negatively on you in most real life situations...i keep my tats hidden away and suprise alot of people.

johhnyboI must have neck ink

I have a tattoo right across my throat, full sleeves, and a few more as well. It has never once had any kind of negative impact on me. I feel no need to hide my tattoos like Im ashamed or embarrassed of them. If people like them, fine, if they dont they can fvck off for all I care.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I have a tattoo right across my throat, full sleeves, and a few more as well. It has never once had any kind of negative impact on me.
what sort of job do you do for a living?

I feel no need to hide my tattoos like Im ashamed or embarrassed of them. If people like them, fine, if they dont they can fvck off for all I care.
if that day ever arises, here's a solution:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I never said that, I just said I didnt agree with it. It obviously happens, just read through this thread.
so if Jeffkill comes up to yr Grandma w 'VENGEANCE' (in goth type, most likely) inked across his throat, she's not going to form any sort of internal impression before speaking w/ him?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
so if Jeffkill comes up to yr Grandma w 'VENGEANCE' (in goth type, most likely) inked across his throat, she's not going to form any sort of internal impression before speaking w/ him?
JeffKill is my brother. I dont know if our grandma has seen all his ink. And again I didnt say that it doesnt happen, again, look through this thread, its happening right in front of my eyes, kinda why I am giving my 2 cents, are you not reading all my post, c'mon, man. Oh and what the fvck is goth type??? Whatever it is, its not what he has on his throat.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I'll leave the gothic font for the douche bags with the matching arm bands :brows:

And I agree that the average person may be somewhat alarmed after reading the word vengeance across my throat.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

:rofl: reading comprehension? hello? PAGING THE LITERATE!!!
Most old time guys that I know (and most of the old timers in the tattoo industry) wouldn't do them below the cuffs or above the collar. As far as your reading comprehension, it is not anyone's RIGHT to get a tattoo on any place on their body... they can ask to get it there, but it is ultimately the artists decision to say YES I will do it or NO! I have been in many shops and heard people declined for all kinds of reasons!

The practice of tattooing a neck/face or hands was reserved in most cases for people in the industry, or in a lot of cases done in prison. AKA my interpretation of the reason most people have a negative connotation of the neck tattoo's!

People judge people by looks... that is human nature, and our present culture doesn't deviate from it, they only have a new cache of things to judge people by! Do I like it? NO! Am I guilty of it? most likely... are all of you? again, most likely! You just don't admit it! Or you are arguing pointlessly on an online forum because you are trying hard to deny to others the fact that you judge people by looks!

wait for it... here comes the pointless retort...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
fouronetwo...hating on yinzers since day 1...dont own a single piece of steeler geer...or go daaantannn.
Hey Fahg... iss Dahntahn! What are you some kinda jagoff? What about yer Stihler license plate frame?

Jonkranked... nother shootin in your ole hood 2 nights ago! I think some 16 yo, outside a pizza shop :disgust1:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
: AKA my interpretation of the reason most people have a negative connotation of the neck tattoo's!

I would have to agree with that.

People judge people by looks... that is human nature, and our present culture doesn't deviate from it, they only have a new cache of things to judge people by! Do I like it? NO! Am I guilty of it? most likely... are all of you? again, most likely! You just don't admit it! Or you are arguing pointlessly on an online forum because you are trying hard to deny to others the fact that you judge people by looks!

wait for it... here comes the pointless retort...
I dont, you can say Im lying I guess, but you dont know me. And just cause you think its human nature, doesnt make it right. "Thou shall not judge". I dont think you were talking about me (maybe you were), if so sorry for the pointless retort.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey Fahg... iss Dahntahn! What are you some kinda jagoff? What about yer Stihler license plate frame?

Jonkranked... nother shootin in your ole hood 2 nights ago! I think some 16 yo, outside a pizza shop :disgust1:
He's 412... he's automatically a Yinzer! :cheers:

There's shootings there all the time. Its kinda sad, but you become numb to it. My mom still sends me clippings from the police blotter when it involved someone I went to HS with. I wonder if everyone is still smoking crack, or if they've moved onto meth, or something else. Heroin was starting to make a comeback around the time I left.