Quantcast

gfmt....middle day...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think my boss has reached "please don't FTS and walk away with no notice" point. During meeting he started pushing that I need to call out to a particular list of "opportunities" :greedy:. I rather abruptly told him that I'll work on it in October when I get some free time. I got an immediate apology and a "just do what you can do when you have time".

So yeah. He's just waiting for the FTS to come. Because if other guy moves on first, I won't pick up load. And if I move on first, other guy will leave almost immediately because he will be pushed to pick up load without comp - which he won't. I can't even imagine sitting in his position, because corporate won't let him hire anybody until he is short-staffed. And he knows that he's sitting on two time bombs, which he has no control over, that when* they blow up will cause very expensive SLAs (service requirements) to be missed. And nobody upstream gives a shit.

I think my boss has reached "please don't FTS and walk away with no notice" point. During meeting he started pushing that I need to call out to a particular list of "opportunities" :greedy:. I rather abruptly told him that I'll work on it in October when I get some free time. I got an immediate apology and a "just do what you can do when you have time".

So yeah. He's just waiting for the FTS to come. Because if other guy moves on first, I won't pick up load. And if I move on first, other guy will leave almost immediately because he will be pushed to pick up load without comp - which he won't. I can't even imagine sitting in his position, because corporate won't let him hire anybody until he is short-staffed. And he knows that he's sitting on two time bombs, which he has no control over, that when* they blow up will cause very expensive SLAs (service requirements) to be missed. And nobody upstream gives a shit.
Upstream never works in large organizations.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A second taco truck has entered the chat.

PXL_20230906_190431860.jpg

It's on the opposite end and about the same distance from my office. I will try it tomorrow, but I do like the original.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

So, you *might* have him by the short and curlies, but he doesn't actually have much/any leverage to compensate you properly.
Does that sound correct?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Upstream never works in large organizations.
Nope. And they will lose the #1 and #4 (of 150+) revenue producers for our silo, which isn't a small amount. It just such a stupid decision. They did the same thing with another guy two years ago and revenue is still only 25%, and not growing, from his clients.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If you rode DuPont it probably was dogshit. That place has gotten out of hand.

I would have taken you on some legit Pisgah trails had I looked at this earlier.
Unfortunately I couldn't have done a "proper" ride, just needed to be an easy leg spin. Did a Spencer and Fletcher loop. Next time I'll have my trail bike with me and will give a proper heads up. I had to wait an hour for a truck to get recovered from the creek when I was trying to leave.

Flatbed just out of shot and the tow truck were working hard to winch the pickup from down on the right.
20230906_153253.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Unfortunately I couldn't have done a "proper" ride, just needed to be an easy leg spin. Did a Spencer and Fletcher loop. Next time I'll have my trail bike with me and will give a proper heads up. I had to wait an hour for a truck to get recovered from the creek when I was trying to leave.

Flatbed just out of shot and the tow truck were working hard to winch the pickup from down on the right.
View attachment 200158
this photo would be much better if it showed the pickup in question

just sayin

:D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well, I screwed up.

Ride night, but in a change of a routine, I had to goto work today. And I left my riding gear bag at home. Only realized this after driving an hour to meet up with buddies.

Oh well, I've now shuttled some beer to their midway point and am awaiting their arrival.

Sucks. It has rained so the trails look PRIME right now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nope. And they will lose the #1 and #4 (of 150+) revenue producers for our silo, which isn't a small amount. It just such a stupid decision. They did the same thing with another guy two years ago and revenue is still only 25%, and not growing, from his clients.
:popcorn:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Twerking all day, no play for me until the kids go to sleep. Then the nocturnal mixed surface ride begins... The scorpions and feral domestic cats are my entertainment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I normally pride myself on good situational awareness but I just popped out my front door and damn near tripped over a neighbor who I successfully have never talked to since they moved in 5 years ago. I was forced into an introduction and pointless small talk.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh hell did I just fuck up. Note to self even though you used soap and hot water to clean the dishes after chopping and cooking cooking with habaneros. Really scrub your hands again with soap and hot water before taking a piss. It burns priest it burns

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh hell did I just fuck up. Note to self even though you used soap and hot water to clean the dishes after chopping and cooking cooking with habaneros. Really scrub your hands again with soap and hot water before taking a piss. It burns priest it burns
Hot water opens up your pores and allows the capsaicin to really get in there and continue to buuuuuuurn. Cold water, always cold water with the peppers. You can also soak your hands in milk to neutralize the chemical burn. Or wear gloves next time.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
what are you going to do about that itchy nose?

yes it does

you can feel that little tickle

you know you feel it

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hot water opens up your pores and allows the capsaicin to really get in there and continue to buuuuuuurn. Cold water, always cold water with the peppers. You can also soak your hands in milk to neutralize the chemical burn. Or wear gloves next time.
After years of working in commercial kitchens 500* grills, hot frying oil, and years of crack climbing in Yosemite my hands feel no pain. add being older that dirt and forgetting what I walked into a room to get can be a road to a non STD related genitalia on fire sensation such as it were today. :o

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
After years of working in commercial kitchens 500* grills, hot frying oil, and years of crack climbing in Yosemite my hands feel no pain. add being older that dirt and forgetting what I walked into a room to get can be a road to a non STD related genitalia on fire sensation such as it were today. :o
should have grilled with your dick and conquered yosemite with your dick