## GMThursday ##

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what up cheese bags

my dumpsterfiremobile might finally be out of the shop today. whoopee doo

headed to work to put in a moderate amount of effort. I've been off the trainer for two days which makes me sad, but I'm not really training for anything other than enjoyment with a goal. Had a cold for two days but it looks like it's turned a corner so maybe this afternoon or tomorrow back to it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I slept like a brick then woke with only minor tenderness at jab#3 site. Thoroughly enjoying my espresso this morning. For a change they assigned me the Hayward / Freemont route, hopefully the tamale lady will not be sold out by the time I swing by her spot

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man last nights ride was so good. The bike's suspension felt absolutely dialed.

Absolutely do not want to work today, but the show must go on, I guess.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working a half day. Dropping off elder kiddos at their school bus stop before getting rolling on that, though.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ugh, I have that morning after ‘hit by a truck’ feeling. Rode three absolutely jammin‘ Pass laps last night with a fast crew. Hit jumps I haven’t hit in years due to the obvious competency of the train. At the bottom there is a small stretch of road that is usually a sprint, and usually with a little drafting. Told my friend Gene I was on his wheel, ok, fine. Then just as I am a few inches back, he slows down a little, and goes into a ‘super tuck’, and manages to kick my handlebar.
You can imagine what happens next, down I go on the pavement at sprinting speed.
This was all observed by the crew, who instantly came up with a nickname that will stick, he is now known as ‘Genius’.
All good with me, just bumps and scrapes on all extremities, ruined gloves, and a ruined nice work shirt. SO glad I was wearing pads and gloves!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
great, now I want tamales. I do have a kicking tamale joint 2.1 miles a way. I have no idea why they don't offer them on their menu but a bar a block away sells some amazing frozen tamales. I think the chef makes them because he wants to make them dammit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got off the phone w HD customer service. 4 of my new garage cabinets have been missing for 5 weeks now. Finally started getting properly frustrated and talked to one of the sr customer service guys in the store, who was able to get an expedited ticket open for me.

Talking to the phone rep today, apparently 3 have been at the store this entire time. The order was put in by the store, but over the phone, and they had typed in my email incorrectly (P instead of T), so I never got notification. Every time I was there, nobody realized the order was partially filled. So... She gave me another 15% off that part the order (which was already discounted 25%), to account for the stream of fuck up's. Garage organization cost has now dropped to $1600 vs. normal priced $2700.

And an added bonus, I'm getting to pass other good stuff (tool chest, workbench, storage, old bike parts & bikes) to friends and charities who can use it vs. tossing it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In other construction news, our rear deck/hot tub/fence/landscaping project is turning out to be almost $100k, and three months late, with a shitload of fuck-ups and sub-standard work.
Joy!

If you only had a truck you could handle all that basic hauling and manual labor yourself.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In other construction news, our rear deck/hot tub/fence/landscaping project is turning out to be almost $100k, and three months late, with a shitload of fuck-ups and sub-standard work.
Joy!
The joy of homeownership in JH. Where paying the kid to mow the lawn costs $250.. amiright?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys! New tires arrived yesterday so I installed them and went for a quick test run at the suggested minimum PSI of 35. I thought meh, too much air. This morning I discovered I mounted both tires backwards.