Quantcast

God damn Auto Dealerships....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You shoulda gotten a Ford. BTW... arent/werent you the president of the Xterra club? And you dont have a hook-up? You are the one who should be fired!
Yeah nothing like a head crushing Ford Exploder :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You shoulda gotten a Ford. BTW... arent/werent you the president of the Xterra club? And you dont have a hook-up? You are the one who should be fired!
actually I'm working out the hook up as we speak so STFU.

J/K

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
loco-gringo said:
So what's the word today???
http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/

Word of the Day for Wednesday October 13, 2004
obeisance \oh-BEE-suhn(t)s; oh-BAY-suhn(t)s\, noun:
1. An expression of deference or respect, such as a bow or curtsy.
2. Deference, homage.

They made obeisance right to the floor, coiling like bright snakes from the arms of their astonished handlers.
--Ann Wroe, Pontius Pilate

His presence was betrayed to Miloš, who ordered his execution and then sent his rival's head to the Sultan to demonstrate his obeisance.
--Misha Glenny, The Balkans

In all, it had served to create a highly restrictive society where the arrogance of superiors was as ingrained as their subordinates' fawning obeisance.
--Robert Whiting, Tokyo Underworld

:evil:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obeisance comes from Old French obeissance, from obeissant, present participle of obeir, "to obey," from Latin oboedire, "to listen to," from ob-, "to" + audire, "to hear." The adjective form is obeisant.

J

JRB

Was really hoping stosh had some good news on the truck, but I guess the word of the day will work too.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stosh said:
trying to run me thru the cleaners.

fawking NISSANS.... :)

It's not that bad... I'll porbably end up doing it myself and save myself over $1k.

Sorry I need to rant...
I hate the Nissan dealer here, they tried to F me when I was looking to buy a car from them...

They had a used Car with 8,000 miles on it, I knew nothing about the car and they had it priced reasonably it seemed. It all went downhill though when I asked them ho much it went for new (it was not a nisssan but they were selling it on their lot) they wouldnt tell me and tried to duck the question by showing me features. So when they he left to talk to the manager I grabbed the dudes phone book and called a dealer that had them brand new and it was $3000 less :angry: I ended up buying a new one with all the warrentees and shizz from the other dealer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anyway the Xterra, what a fock pot...
it's nothing major but the fact that it is coming all at once is kind of a PITA.

1st - The manifold, total estimated cost $350 however they didn't have the part in stock so I had to pay upfront and I will be making an additional appointment to have it done. If the bolts don't break it will be $350 parts & labor.

2nd - Harmonic Balancer otherwise know as the Crankshaft Pulley. Estimated total cost from Dealer $600. Parts alone from dealer $189. Also by doing this part they will have to replace all the drive belts in the front of the xterra. Thing is I can get the part for $150 shipped. I almost think I can do the labor reguardless the labor is like 4hrs because you have to remove the radiator.

3rd - Timing belt/water pump cost like $600 but you have to remove most of the items in #2 minus the balancer.

So all in all I'm in an expensive spot. Not bad and I think I can do some of the stuff myself. But co-ordinating it will be hard. Most of it is common maintanance stuff that i've been meaning to replace.

J

JRB

Funny how shops think a radiator or a clutch is the hardest thing in the world to pull. Book hours are kind of a joke. Some things are understated though. Book hours for a radiator is likely 2 hours, and it should take 15 minutes or so for an experienced mechanic to pull and another 15 to put back. Sounds like a full day's work to do it all though.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stosh said:
Anyway the Xterra, what a fock pot...
it's nothing major but the fact that it is coming all at once is kind of a PITA.

1st - The manifold, total estimated cost $350 however they didn't have the part in stock so I had to pay upfront and I will be making an additional appointment to have it done. If the bolts don't break it will be $350 parts & labor.

2nd - Harmonic Balancer otherwise know as the Crankshaft Pulley. Estimated total cost from Dealer $600. Parts alone from dealer $189. Also by doing this part they will have to replace all the drive belts in the front of the xterra. Thing is I can get the part for $150 shipped. I almost think I can do the labor reguardless the labor is like 4hrs because you have to remove the radiator.

3rd - Timing belt/water pump cost like $600 but you have to remove most of the items in #2 minus the balancer.

So all in all I'm in an expensive spot. Not bad and I think I can do some of the stuff myself. But co-ordinating it will be hard. Most of it is common maintanance stuff that i've been meaning to replace.
Fuhk that man. Buy all the parts... Then get yourself $300 dollars cash, and meet one of the mechanics after they are leaving work and tell him you'll give him $300 cash to do the job at your house, throw in free beer and food while he works and you will have a deal...

I did this with my acura on an estimated $2500 job... saved myself like over $1000. Granted I straight didnt have the cash to get the job done so really it was an act of desperation.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
golgiaparatus said:
Fuhk that man. Buy all the parts... Then get yourself $300 dollars cash, and meet one of the mechanics after they are leaving work and tell him you'll give him $300 cash to do the job at your house, throw in free beer and food while he works and you will have a deal...

I did this twice with my acura on an estimated $2500 job... saved myself like over $1000.
funny thing is Aubrey is apparently friends with one of the mech's at this dealership. I think thats they option we're looking into. I wanted to help work on it though....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Funny how shops think a radiator or a clutch is the hardest thing in the world to pull. Book hours are kind of a joke. Some things are understated though. Book hours for a radiator is likely 2 hours, and it should take 15 minutes or so for an experienced mechanic to pull and another 15 to put back. Sounds like a full day's work to do it all though.
oh and getting rid of the fluid... thats a pain.