Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I was getting goose bumps on the way in to work this morning. I had people with dual crown bikes in front and behind me on their way to the US Open. Man right now there isn't a cloud in the sky so they have a great day for riding.

If anybody is heading to Mtn Creek this weekend PM me and we'll hook up.

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I rode into work today. Now I'm tired, but in a good way. Besides, where better to take a siesta than at work. :thumb:

Weekend. Probably do a White Ranch ride here on the Front Range. I'm on call for the next week, so I'll be kind of tied to the pager and not too far from home.

My 4 y.o. got a 2-wheel bike for his b-day a couple days ago, so I think I'll head out with him on a local bike path ride some time.

Weather promises to be perfect this w/e out here - sunny w/ highs in the high 60s/low 70s.

-S.S.-

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
You might have passed some of the XXL crew. They apparently left the DC area at about 4am. :dead:

Bunch planned for this w/e:

Sat: Car club gathering with the g/f.

Sun: ride/spectate at Mtn Creek in the morning, then head over to the g/f's brother's house for a Memorial Day BBQ.

Mon: Hopefully get a nice road ride in as well as some chores and some car wrenching...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
That's cool when you see other bikers on their way to having fun when you're stuck going to work. Vicarious living....... :mumble:

Well.....yesterday was kind of a bust riding-wise. As I was putting the Bullit in the back of the truck, I noticed the rear wheel was pretty well locked up for some reason. Upon further inspection, apparently, some air or something had gotten into the system and caused the pads to cinch up and not want to release at all. I struggled with it for awhile, but couldn't get anywhere with getting the pistons to retract and stay retracted. I'm kinda hydro-clueless, so I canned the ride, and decided to take it by the shop today and see if they can get it re-bled and running right before I ham-fist something into worthlesness. I allieviated a lot of this stres by going out for pizza and beer with Justine at our local greasy spoon---mmmmmmm, comfort food. :thumb:

Got a friend who's getting married in two weeks, so he's coming into town for a weekend of debauchery........we'll try not to get "Sideways" crazy, but you never know......... ;)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My weekend is looking pretty crazy after i leave here at 4 im gonna get a ride in, hit the mall later :rolleyes:

party for a bit tonight, then wake up at 4 and drive from pittsburgh to NYC and pick up my new CAR! jetta gli

then drive all the way back across PA to Ohio to spend the weekend with the GF...damn busy atleast until i get to ohio ;)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What's crackin?

Morning all - couldn't sleep so I'm up early.

Tonight is happy hours. It's supposed to be around 90 degrees today so we'll sit by the river and drink margaritas to cool off :)

My knee is doing well enough that I think I'll get some kayaking in this weekend. I can't wait to do something!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
douglas said:
weird, I hit a Venezuelan on his bike last night
F'ing Venezuelans. I hope you kicked him in the teeth afterwards.

It's a co-worker's birthday today, so we've got cake, cookies, and a platter full of crackers/cheese/pepperoni/etc.

Mmm...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
binary visions said:

It's a co-worker's birthday today, so we've got cake, cookies, and a platter full of crackers/cheese/pepperoni/etc.

Mmm...

Nah, I didnt bother to stop

Pizza day here!! (its unofficially a gone away party for the manager that was fired Monday :D )

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Gotta love 4 day weekends :dancing: Got to sleep in, having some coffay and I'll be hitting up Spier Falls this AM with McGRP01 and DJ (from our local club). Then I'll get home, relax and hit SMBA trails with Sq-Earl and the guys when they get done with work. (wanna meet us doug?)

May hit Spier again tomorrow and not sure what the plan is for Sunday yet. Doug...we'll keep you posted so you can join us.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I ended up not riding yesterday... a bit of rain on the way home, and the sky was getting darker by the second. Ended up doing a bit of shopping with the family instead. Not as good as riding, but was good to get out with the fam for a while. Seems that's happening less and less these days.

I know how you and IAB are about this type of thing, sooo... I did the old hair cut thing this morn.

Hopefully the weather will hold and I can ride tonight. In an ideal world, I'm hoping for a road ride tonight, and a dirt ride tomorrow. We'll see...

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn' all. There shure is a lot of crap in the forum right now. I am going to do something about it. I will ride my bike this weekend, rain storms or not, and take pictures of said activity. I will then let loose the pic flood here. With the long weekend I hope everyone else will be able to do the same. Tues should be a most unproductive day 'cause of all the cool sh!t on the monkey. :monkey:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
ROCKLAND said:
Morn' all. There shure is a lot of crap in the forum right now. I am going to do something about it. I will ride my bike this weekend, rain storms or not, and take pictures of said activity. I will then let loose the pic flood here. With the long weekend I hope everyone else will be able to do the same. Tues should be a most unproductive day 'cause of all the cool sh!t on the monkey. :monkey:
and yet, here you are contributing to said crap. :rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - took a photo of my bike for everyone early this a.m. and I had a good Physical Therapy session too. I'm making steady progress with the knee.

I get out of work at 2 today!!! :dancing:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
Morning - took a photo of my bike for everyone early this a.m. and I had a good Physical Therapy session too. I'm making steady progress with the knee.
Good to hear!!!!! I still can't bend mine very far, but I can flex the muscles in my quad pretty good and even do calf raises.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Heidi said:
Good to hear!!!!! I still can't bend mine very far, but I can flex the muscles in my quad pretty good and even do calf raises.

Awesome Heidi! What did they do when they went in to your knee again?

If I need surgery it'll be a pretty serious procedure methinks as they'd need to address a partially torn ACL and a partially torn lateral meniscus. I think the ACL reconstruction is a more in depth surgery vs. some of the arthroscopic stuff they do on other knee injuries.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
had a nice dinner out w/ the wife last night. i did not strike an aborigine on my drive home.

the rain has finally stopped, but it would be nice for the sun to make an appearance. it's been over a solid week of constant cloud cover. not much planned for the weekend. i think i need to scout out hitches, as my T2 should be coming in this weekend. i might do a day trip to a DH place on monday, we'll see.

J

JRB

Good morning. How am I??? I cancelled my Comfort trip, because I don't want to drive 3 hours to sit in a camper in the rain. I am also disappointed that the young peeps on RM seem so stupid sometimes. Much as why I hate the way Hello Kitty acts.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
Awesome Heidi! What did they do when they went in to your knee again?

If I need surgery it'll be a pretty serious procedure methinks as they'd need to address a partially torn ACL and a partially torn lateral meniscus. I think the ACL reconstruction is a more in depth surgery vs. some of the arthroscopic stuff they do on other knee injuries.
The took a bunch of blown out cartilage out. Yah, the full cut is much worse.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

I ended up not riding yesterday... a bit of rain on the way home, and the sky was getting darker by the second. Ended up doing a bit of shopping with the family instead. Not as good as riding, but was good to get out with the fam for a while. Seems that's happening less and less these days.

I know how you and IAB are about this type of thing, sooo... I did the old hair cut thing this morn.

Hopefully the weather will hold and I can ride tonight. In an ideal world, I'm hoping for a road ride tonight, and a dirt ride tomorrow. We'll see...
man I need an f'ing hair cut.

Lennox

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Toronto, Ont. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by binary visions
What I want to know is how he knew it was a f***ing Venezuelan? What if he was a Uruguayan? That would change everything.

Godddam racists............

-S.S.-

hahahha shhhh.... keep it to one thread dammit

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
jacksonpt said:
and yet, here you are contributing to said crap. :rolleyes:
Hey now, the MGT is generaly fine. It's the "I hit so an so and need attn.." type threads that are bringing me down.

Here. No better time to start than now.
Here is a photo that someone shot of me @ Attitash last year. Sat is opening day. I'm going to try to make it there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
had a nice dinner out w/ the wife last night. i did not strike an aborigine on my drive home.
The wife and I were going to see Ep III last night, but ended up going to a nice dinner instead. :thumb: Pork loin with some sort of teriyaki/soy glaze/sauce. Wife had bacon-risotto stuffed roast chicken breast. :drool:

-S.S.-

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Hi all,

I went for a short ride last night and then went to pick my wife up from the air-e-o-port. She was flying out of Boston and was delayed for some reason. Since I went riding and went straight to the airport and since we don't have a cell phone I got to circle the terminal for about 30 minutes waiting for her to show up. Boring.

This weekend should be fun. We've been planning on doing a camping trip in George Washington National Forest near Harrisonburg VA. We were supposed to meet some friends from NC but they had to cancel. I think that we are still going to go and it might even be more fun. We were starting to stress out because the other couple was starting to complain about having to pee in the woods, not shower, etc. I mean come on. Its "camping" not "staying in a hotel" Sheesh. Funny thing is the whole trip was their idea in the first place. Oh well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit all our gear + bikes and still have room for the dog in the truck. It looks like there are some great trails there. Originally we were planning to just hike but while checking out the trail maps I found what looks to be a 7 mile long mostly down hill trail (Mmmmmmm. Nice.) and I really want to ride it.

Have a good weekend. I'll report back Tuesday and let you know how it went.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
Hi all,

I went for a short ride last night and then went to pick my wife up from the air-e-o-port. She was flying out of Boston and was delayed for some reason. Since I went riding and went straight to the airport and since we don't have a cell phone I got to circle the terminal for about 30 minutes waiting for her to show up. Boring.

This weekend should be fun. We've been planning on doing a camping trip in George Washington National Forest near Harrisonburg VA. We were supposed to meet some friends from NC but they had to cancel. I think that we are still going to go and it might even be more fun. We were starting to stress out because the other couple was starting to complain about having to pee in the woods, not shower, etc. I mean come on. Its "camping" not "staying in a hotel" Sheesh. Funny thing is the whole trip was their idea in the first place. Oh well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit all our gear + bikes and still have room for the dog in the truck. It looks like there are some great trails there. Originally we were planning to just hike but while checking out the trail maps I found what looks to be a 7 mile long mostly down hill trail (Mmmmmmm. Nice.) and I really want to ride it.

Have a good weekend. I'll report back Tuesday and let you know how it went.
Hey man take lots of pics!!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning all. Went to an ultrasound appt with the spousal-unit yesterday. Holy weirdness...little thing was squirming like crazy. I planned to ride when I got home, but opted for fajitas and margaritas instead.

I got the beer bottled: 24x22oz bottles, 2x16.9 oz bottles, and 1x12oz bottle. I'm not sure where the other 60-some ounces went. :confused: Now I have to wait at least another week for carbonation to build.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
BikeGeek said:
I got the beer bottled: 24x22oz bottles, 2x16.9 oz bottles, and 1x12oz bottle. I'm not sure where the other 60-some ounces went. :confused: Now I have to wait at least another week for carbonation to build.

Ahh yes, the waiting game. Go ahead and send the 12 oz to me and I'll sample it for ya. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning all. I have today off, but will be spending most of it getting our place ready for mom's 60th birthday bash Sunday.

I'm now off to go run over some Egyptian bikers. Those bastards.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Heidi said:
Ahh yes, the waiting game. Go ahead and send the 12 oz to me and I'll sample it for ya. :thumb:
That's my test bottle. I figured it's better to open a small bottle to check progress than to open a 22. Any laws on sending beer usps to Bend?

edit: yes, I found out there is. I'll send you pictures of me drinking your beer.