NY
How is everybody today?

My field trip was kick a$$ yesterday.

Here are a few pics I took.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
After the park we went to look at this building by Frank Gery (I think I'm spelling his last name wrong)

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
that building looks cool.. need to adjust that exposure though to compensate for the flare ;)

mornin stosh!

had a job intervew last night. can't decide if I should stay self employed or get on the grindstone of a job (but at least I would have a steady pay)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning stosh

Nice pics! You've got a good eye... especially those first two.

Some possibilities for me today, but nothing carved in stone. I may be ordering the parts to build up my 575... still waiting on a couple of prices from Trailblazers. I may be riding tonight... waiting to see what the weather does. My otter box for my camera came yesterday, so I may be taking some pics tonight, if I ride. I may run some errands at lunch - gotta do the mother's day thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by MtnBikerNJ
that building looks cool.. need to adjust that exposure though to compensate for the flare ;)

mornin stosh!

had a job intervew last night. can't decide if I should stay self employed or get on the grindstone of a job (but at least I would have a steady pay)

Yeah I realised that after I looked at the pics at home. It was hard to tell outside in the sun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by jacksonpt
Morning stosh

Nice pics! You've got a good eye... especially those first two.

Some possibilities for me today, but nothing carved in stone. I may be ordering the parts to build up my 575... still waiting on a couple of prices from Trailblazers. I may be riding tonight... waiting to see what the weather does. My otter box for my camera came yesterday, so I may be taking some pics tonight, if I ride. I may run some errands at lunch - gotta do the mother's day thing.
I thought the otter box didn't fit and did you get your frame yet?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice pics, Stosh. Looks much nicer than sitting in an office all day.

Just another day at work for me! I had a good workout this morning though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Originally posted by stosh
I thought the otter box didn't fit and did you get your frame yet?
I got an otter box last week that was too small. I returned it and ordered a different one. That's the one that arrived yesterday. The new one is slightly too big... but I can line it with some type of foam padding to take up the extra space and add a little extra cushion. I can fit the camera, 2 batteries, and several memory sticks in the new box, which is good. I just hope it fits in my pack OK.

The frame arrived Tuesday. Victor is giving it a once over for me to makes sure everything is as it should be. So it's here, just not in my posession yet.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got an otter box last week that was too small. I returned it and ordered a different one. That's the one that arrived yesterday. The new one is slightly too big... but I can line it with some type of foam padding to take up the extra space and add a little extra cushion. I can fit the camera, 2 batteries, and several memory sticks in the new box, which is good. I just hope it fits in my pack OK.

The frame arrived Tuesday. Victor is giving it a once over for me to makes sure everything is as it should be. So it's here, just not in my posession yet.
I take it you'll be picking it up this weekend?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning!

Had a Great ride last night :) long and tiring and fast and fun with lot's of little kickers and things to play on. :thumb: (but pedaling a single speed with a big ring on a heavy little jump bike is hard up 3 miles of gravel hill to get to the trail head).

I'm all dressed up today ( :eek: ) for the long meeting with mortgage bankers and the sponsoring non-profit that's getting me in at such a low rate for so little down :help: . Oh well...it means a half day at work...

:)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I just checked our local weather and things are looking good for a ride tonight!

Well, I'll be gone to NH tomorrow and next weekend I'll be in PA.
Yeah for family... :rolleyes:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I take it you'll be picking it up this weekend?
Not sure yet, but probably not. More than likely, I'll order the bulk of my parts through Trailblazers, including the headset. I'll probably end up waiting till the parts come in to make the drive, since I want Victor to set the headset for me. Plus it's mother's day weekend, so I'm sure I'll have other obilgations this weekend. I'm hoping to get the parts ordered today or tomorrow, have them arrive over the course of next week, then go pick everythign up next weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Not sure yet, but probably not. More than likely, I'll order the bulk of my parts through Trailblazers, including the headset. I'll probably end up waiting till the parts come in to make the drive, since I want Victor to set the headset for me. Plus it's mother's day weekend, so I'm sure I'll have other obilgations this weekend. I'm hoping to get the parts ordered today or tomorrow, have them arrive over the course of next week, then go pick everythign up next weekend.

I have to go to a graduation in NH on Sunday. WTF? Who the hell has a graduation on Sunday and it's mothers day.....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Good morning!

Had a Great ride last night :) long and tiring and fast and fun with lot's of little kickers and things to play on. :thumb: (but pedaling a single speed with a big ring on a heavy little jump bike is hard up 3 miles of gravel hill to get to the trail head).

I'm all dressed up today ( :eek: ) for the long meeting with mortgage bankers and the sponsoring non-profit that's getting me in at such a low rate for so little down :help: . Oh well...it means a half day at work...

:)
Did you decide on a house/condo Jr_B?? If so, details and pics please! :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I have to go to a graduation in NH on Sunday. WTF? Who the hell has a graduation on Sunday and it's mothers day.....
Yea... that does seem odd. Is it the actual graduation ceremony, or a grad party?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by MMcG
Did you decide on a house/condo Jr_B?? If so, details and pics please! :)
I haven't made an offer on anything yet. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of going shopping without all the cash in my bag yet. :D

There are two I'm into...you've already seen the pics of the condo want (which is still available, and the longer it's available hopefully the more willing to negotiate the owners are...they wanna take the appliances with them...ack!)

The other I don't have more than just an exterior photo (see below). Technically it's a double wide...hehehe...I'll be trailer trash! But it's huge (3bed 2 bath), nice, fairly new (1999), and in a good neighborhood. The garage, fenced yard, and privacy it offers in comparison to a condo are amazing!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I likey the condo - that rooftop patio deelio is sweet!!

Oh yeah and good morning Monkeys!!

Today is going to be a friggin crazy busy day for me and a long one too. I plan on ending it by having a nice dinner though so at least I have that to look foward to throughout the day. :)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by MMcG
I likey the condo - that rooftop patio deelio is sweet!!

Oh yeah and good morning Monkeys!!

Today is going to be a friggin crazy busy day for me and a long one too. I plan on ending it by having a nice dinner though so at least I have that to look foward to throughout the day. :)
Yeah...we'll see....my goal is to have my offer made by this time next week. Time to get the ball rolling on this if I'm gonna close by June 30...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yea... that does seem odd. Is it the actual graduation ceremony, or a grad party?

The ceremony is Sunday. It sucks!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I haven't made an offer on anything yet. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of going shopping without all the cash in my bag yet. :D

There are two I'm into...you've already seen the pics of the condo want (which is still available, and the longer it's available hopefully the more willing to negotiate the owners are...they wanna take the appliances with them...ack!)

The other I don't have more than just an exterior photo (see below). Technically it's a double wide...hehehe...I'll be trailer trash! But it's huge (3bed 2 bath), nice, fairly new (1999), and in a good neighborhood. The garage, fenced yard, and privacy it offers in comparison to a condo are amazing!

Ohhhhhhhhh garage!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Rip
Where in NH, I'll still be here sunday, will be here until early June.
Concord I think but I'll be staying in Londonderry.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yeah well...you wanta garage? Check this thing out...hehehe

Log Home

I found this dinking around on ebay not too long ago. It's actually do-able in my price range with a 3 car garage....but it means finding land that is prepped and ready to go...

lol! (a little more work than I want for a first time home)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah well...you wanta garage? Check this thing out...hehehe

Log Home

I found this dinking around on ebay not too long ago. It's actually do-able in my price range with a 3 car garage....but it means finding land that is prepped and ready to go...

lol! (a little more work than I want for a first time home)
wow, that is cheap!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Rip
Concord, NH you're only about a 15-20 minute drive from Henniker which is where I am.

Dude, I would totally be cool with meeting up but I can tell right now I will have no time and this is the reason I haven't said anything to anybody before. You'll be in NJ soon so we'll ride when you're down here.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Andyman_1970
A double wide???:confused:

That could be considered a mansion here in Arkansas.
lol...I didn't believe my mother at all when she said the new "mobile homes" were not really like trailers. So she made me go walk through a bunch of them last year some time when I first started debating the idea of buying....All I can say is ...Damn! Not like any trailer I've ever seen ;).

Usually they come with mudrooms, and huge bathrooms, gigantic living rooms and then you can do little things like adding on a garage and nice deck or a daylight basement...and voila...monster house! ;) But there's very few places in my area that you can place a typical "trailer". This little complex is unusual. A wealthy landlord guy bought a bunch of land, put in pretty little roads and green lawns and then bought tons of mobiles and placed them on foundations with garages and nice decks and patios and big fenced backyards...Now he's selling off the places. Kinda nice!

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
lol...I didn't believe my mother at all when she said the new "mobile homes" were not really like trailers. So she made me go walk through a bunch of them last year some time when I first started debating the idea of buying....All I can say is ...Damn! Not like any trailer I've ever seen ;).

Usually they come with mudrooms, and huge bathrooms, gigantic living rooms and then you can do little things like adding on a garage and nice deck or a daylight basement...and voila...monster house! ;) But there's very few places in my area that you can place a typical "trailer". This little complex is unusual. A wealthy landlord guy bought a bunch of land, put in pretty little roads and green lawns and then bought tons of mobiles and placed them on foundations with garages and nice decks and patios and big fenced backyards...Now he's selling off the places. Kinda nice!
I must say I like the craftsman style look of the "double wide".

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Andyman_1970
I must say I like the craftsman style look of the "double wide".
What I'm hoping is that nice "clean" look to the neighborhood will attract a quieter group. If I want a party, I'll head to town...but during the week I don't usually like troublesome sorts, and some of the neighborhoods I've seen are downright scary!

kissthepink

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
Hey Jr-
FYI, so you can sleep better at night and not worry about being considered "trailer trash", you might consider using the term "Manufactured Home" when referring to your proposed potential domicile.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning (I know it's almost afternoon).

Busy day here. I miss being an onlooker (my student teacher is all done :()

Goin' for a ride tonight. Still debating which bike to bring (I just love being able to say that).

Not too much else going on...