Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Good morning.

After a bad start to the week, I got a ride in after work last night and plan to do so again tonight, after which there's a VMBA board meeting. Saturday's a board meeting for the Watershed Center (664 acres of good riding), and I haven't figured out the rest of the weekend.

Tuesday I head down to ride 'Nam with pigboy.

J

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by kissthepink
Hey Jr-
FYI, so you can sleep better at night and not worry about being considered "trailer trash", you might consider using the term "Manufactured Home" when referring to your proposed potential domicile.
:D Good point, I guess I find it amusing at this point, almost a joke between my friends and I. But...technically, my first wee years of life were spent in a single wide so I'm moving up in the world :thumb:, but I also don't really worry about what others might consider it ;)....there are very few places in the world I'd consider "trailer trash" :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Woohoo...just got a present from my boss...a headset! :thumb: today is a good day...
wow! My micromanaging boss would never think to get me something like that.

This year for the holidays she got me a bottle of flavored oil to dip Italian bread in........at first when it was wrapped I thought it was a bottle of wine and I was kind of psyched about that.....but when I opened it I was like WTF????.......ummmm.....thanks. :(

I mean I live alone and only cook small meals for myself. What the hell am I going to do with a big arsed bottle of bread dipping oil. I haven't even opened it yet, and I don't forsee opening it anytime soon either.

The year before that she got me some scented soaps - and my co-worker gave me a jar of chutney :confused: :confused:

Edit: Do you mean a bike headset or a telephone headset Jr_B? I have bikes on the brain so just assumed it was a bike headset at first, but then I realized it was probably a telephone headset thingy.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by MMcG
wow! My micromanaging boss would never think to get me something like that.

This year for the holidays she got me a bottle of flavored oil to dip Italian bread in........at first when it was wrapped I thought it was a bottle of wine and I was kind of psyched about that.....but when I opened it I was like WTF????.......ummmm.....thanks. :(

I mean I live alone and only cook small meals for myself. What the hell am I going to do with a big arsed bottle of bread dipping oil. I haven't even opened it yet, and I don't forsee opening it anytime soon either.

The year before that she got me some scented soaps - and my co-worker gave me a jar of chutney :confused: :confused:

Edit: Do you mean a bike headset or a telephone headset Jr_B? I have bikes on the brain so just assumed it was a bike headset at first, but then I realized it was probably a telephone headset thingy.
It's a telephone headset ;)...I'm on the phone pretty much nonstop at work. I make approximately 30 to 40 outbound calls per day and receive at least 20 inbound. I'm a busy girl ;) This will be nice so my hands will be free and I can walk around the office if needed for testing different computer systems while working.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
good morning.
La is in Michigan, so I am gonna try & nail down all of our wedding plans. (almost done...WHEW!)

Me & a friend from work hit up some midnight urban last night after work & found some new gaps & drops & saw 2 frat boys almost commence fisticuffs....but they didnt, pussies.

I think my job is getting in the way of my riding. :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by McGRP01
You get a new bike Treesaw? What did ya get?
I did! I did! I got a Jekyll 700 for XC riding. It's pretty. I posted some pics of my ride on Tuesday...they should be in the lounge somewhere. I'll see if I can find the link.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
How about next Wednesday, the 12th (hint, hint...)?

J
We're actually trying for a couple of Fridays (21st and 28th). I will not be around next week, but feel free to take the day off and go riding anyway. :p

Mark, you are always invited. :)

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
We're actually trying for a couple of Fridays (21st and 28th). I will not be around next week, but feel free to take the day off and go riding anyway. :p

Mark, you are always invited. :)
Doing that. Driving down Tuesday, riding Wednesday, will probably hit Borderland in AM and Nam in PM, although details may change.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nevermind "T", I found the thread. Sweet bike!!! I should get my XC rig out and dust it off, I don't think I've ridden it since I got the Kona. :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Nevermind "T", I found the thread. Sweet bike!!! I should get my XC rig out and dust it off, I don't think I've ridden it since I got the Kona. :D

hey another upstater!

you live in Saratoga?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Originally posted by douglas
hey another upstater!

you live in Saratoga?
Glens Falls actually, but I ride the same Saratoga trails (and belong to the same club - SMBA) as Treesaw and Earl. I've ridden with them on occasion. Group ride tonight out in 'toga!! C'mon 6pm!! I've seen all the Roch pics you guys put up...looks like you all have a lot of fun out there!! Let me know (I'm sure T would anyway) if you guys ever make it up our way and I'll join ya for a ride! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Glens Falls actually, but I ride the same Saratoga trails (and belong to the same club - SMBA) as Treesaw and Earl. I've ridden with them on occasion. Group ride tonight out in 'toga!! C'mon 6pm!! I've seen all the Roch pics you guys put up...looks like you all have a lot of fun out there!! Let me know (I'm sure T would anyway) if you guys ever make it up our way and I'll join ya for a ride! :)
I live in East Greenbush (5 min's from Albany)....we should definitely meet up for a ride sometime! :)

tonight, I'm doing a solo ride then I promised to help a female friend get her bikey working, and shes paying me with beer & bar food :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I live in East Greenbush (5 min's from Albany)....we should definitely meet up for a ride sometime! :)

tonight, I'm doing a solo ride then I promised to help a female friend get her bikey working, and shes paying me with beer & bar food :D
Tell her since your servicing her bike she can service you and forget the food!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TN said:
good morning.
La is in Michigan, so I am gonna try & nail down all of our wedding plans. (almost done...WHEW!)

Me & a friend from work hit up some midnight urban last night after work & found some new gaps & drops & saw 2 frat boys almost commence fisticuffs....but they didnt, pussies.

I think my job is getting in the way of my riding. :rolleyes:
I thought y'all got hitched a while ago at Bootleg?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Stosh, you do know that your picture of the idyllic park with manicured grounds would have instantly jumped from a 6.5 to a 9.5 simply by having your girlfriend knee-deep and nude in the pond with arms raised and dripping handfulls of water onto her neck and breasts, right? Quit settling for the C and commmit the effort to grade A work if you want to get ahead in this life, man!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
llkoolkeg said:
Stosh, you do know that your picture of the idyllic park with manicured grounds would have instantly jumped from a 6.5 to a 9.5 simply by having your girlfriend knee-deep and nude in the pond with arms raised and dripping handfulls of water onto her neck and breasts, right? Quit settling for the C and commmit the effort to grade A work if you want to get ahead in this life, man!

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot are you talking about?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
llkoolkeg said:

stosh said:
Why the F' did you bump this up?

Oh sure blame moi for your lack of nude nudes in your photos...

:nuts:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Was that some kind of a pick up line?
If you want it to be, big boy.

;)

Seriously, though, good pictures, but the contrast and/or saturation is jacked up so high that they don't look natural. The grass is actually glowing... Gives me a headache :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
If you want it to be, big boy.

;)

Seriously, though, good pictures, but the contrast and/or saturation is jacked up so high that they don't look natural. The grass is actually glowing... Gives me a headache :p
Actually I didn't touch a damn thing on the camera. It was a slightly grey that day and the trees were actually all different shades of green at the time.

You know how it is in the NE when you get that first big burst of growth in the spring.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
You know how it is in the NE when you get that first big burst of growth in the spring.
It doesn't look like that naturally, though. Funny, the camera must just do some heavy handed saturation/contrast in-camera.