Quantcast

Goodbye democracy, hello bank owned government

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
probably in the same manner you account for failures in US government foreign policy that necessitate a free market response, mentioned in tome after tome
Haliburton's free market response to the military's needs was to make the system even less efficient and waste taxpayer money at an even great pace... Maybe Enron is a better example?

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton Haliburton
you had me at Haliburton

back to my fracking vimeo, which i'm finding enjoyable actually...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
solyndra?

sorry, wrong party...doesn't count...
100-150 times smaller loss than Enron. A fraction of the cost of the numerous failed military programs in the huge defense budget the other party won't cut - military waste makes everything else insignificant. A pixel compared to the cost of the Iraq oil war - 4 trillion and climbing for securing our long-term energy future as well as Solyndra did...

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
do you post w/ a cucumber in your mouth? something is impeding your O2 sats
sometimes just as fast!
So you're saying because they are rich and get payed way to much for what they do that we should continue with the blatant gambling with our stock market???? What I'm saying is these people's greed destroyed the economy, then they have the nerve to blame the middle class, Fvck that.

I would also like to point out, that CEOs and the like don't get paid what they deserve, they set thier own salaries, they get payed as much as they can get away with paying themselves. Distinct difference.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So you're saying because they are rich and get payed way to much for what they do that we should continue with the blatant gambling with our stock market???? What I'm saying is these people's greed destroyed the economy, then they have the nerve to blame the middle class, Fvck that.

I would also like to point out, that CEOs and the like don't get paid what they deserve, they set thier own salaries, they get payed as much as they can get away with paying themselves. Distinct difference.
So who decides what they should get paid?

You?

Me?

Scranton?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Why the change? Well, Perelman has also given a lot to Orthodox Jewish causes, and the Times says one of the people coming to Perelman’s house for the fundraiser had Israel on her mind:

Laura R. Schwartz of New Jersey, the woman inside the Range Rover, complained that Mr. Obama had not visited Israel as president, a slight to the country, in her eyes. “I don’t think he is good for Israel,” she said. Mr. Romney, she said, “is a fresh face.”
Conservative's view of patriotism: Putting any country first, regardless as to whether it's the one that you're a citizen of...

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Don't even get me started on the moronic Israel lobby. You just showed some single issue morons. I have a couple friends (very close friends I may add) who work for the Israel lobby in DC. I have quite literally spat in both of their faces.

Good try on pointing out single issue retards changing their vote because Obama isn't as supportive of an apartheid state as they would like. Again your logic sucks, and you are an idiot.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Good try on pointing out single issue retards changing their vote because Obama isn't as supportive of an apartheid state as they would like. Again your logic sucks, and you are an idiot.
i'm only rumored to be an idiot

but you're only an idiot in theory, in the same way gravity is only a theory

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
yeah, i've barely recovered from that time you proved to me foxnews was banned in canada
ok then, i guess it's been settled: you're an idiot by *law*

thanks for making rm fun again
That was in between the ten other times I made you look like a fool. Again, nice try.

So by law you must be the dumbest person alive right???

I'm still waiting for your rebuttal on why, just because they make millions we should continue to let the people who destroyed the economy continue what they are doing. Because as of now, your rebuttal was a crappy "look the crazy israel lobby doesn't like obama"

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Don't even get me started on the moronic Israel lobby. You just showed some single issue morons. I have a couple friends (very close friends I may add) who work for the Israel lobby in DC. I have quite literally spat in both of their faces.

God I hate single-issue retards who won't vote for Obama because of some erroneous preconceived notion of what his position on something is....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I disagree with his position on gun control, on the way he didn't prosecute wall street, on the defense bill that got signed, the list goes on and on and on. Funny thing is, this thread was only about one issue. Nice try though
pixie fight!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
$tinkle, I'm still waiting on your rebuttal for why we should keep paying people millions to gamble with the economy.
well, you might want to direct that question toward someone who has taken this position. like, perhaps, a true scotsman. (let me know if you need help w/ that reference)

you see, for you, when something fails, it was due to gambling, but when it succeeds, what could possibly be the explanation? can't be gambling, b/c if it were, this would then mean gambling is equal to failure. so what are we left with? negligence motivated by greed? perhaps. tell me, under this administration, has this continued? specifically, have there been bonuses paid out to individuals whose companies have received bailouts? if so (it is so), it seems like a missed opportunity for the executive order wand, if it would even come to that.

do you know who jacob lew is?

"Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this Presidency" - BHO, 1st day in office

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Being in business isn't the same as succeeding in business. George failed at everything he ever tried.
Who gives a shlt. The stated purposes of businesses and governments are polar opposites. This incestuous revolving door crap and the accompanying mindset of familiarity with industry equating to expertise in governance is retarded. Which I guess makes sense considering it was a stink post I was responding to....

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You must be the squealing greasy pig I've always pictured you as with sean geitner in the mix then.

I just want to quote myself here to point out something you guys may enjoy in the future. SEAN geitner was an ex-roomate of mine who stole some ski equipment from me, and knocked up his girlfriend and fled town like the deadbeat he is. I sometimes say his name when I mean TIM geitner.

Just keep an eye out for it. It's a Freudian slip worth laughing at, and something I've done more than once.

SCARY

Not long enough
......hey.....hey.....guys?

I just....went to the bathroom for a minute.....I was in the DH forum ..and I ..took a left, or something.

I ....where am I?

I heard some talking and stuff,then some dude said that he spit in his "good friends" faces?

...h-how do get out of here?! I'm sorry and I promise not to come back..imstillvotingforronpaulin2012Bye!

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
well, you might want to direct that question toward someone who has taken this position. like, perhaps, a true scotsman. (let me know if you need help w/ that reference)

you see, for you, when something fails, it was due to gambling, but when it succeeds, what could possibly be the explanation? can't be gambling, b/c if it were, this would then mean gambling is equal to failure. so what are we left with? negligence motivated by greed? perhaps. tell me, under this administration, has this continued? specifically, have there been bonuses paid out to individuals whose companies have received bailouts? if so (it is so), it seems like a missed opportunity for the executive order wand, if it would even come to that.

do you know who jacob lew is?

"Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this Presidency" - BHO, 1st day in office
ARE YOU JOKING!?!?! seriously dude? did you miss the whole, the sub prime mortgage thing was cause by CLEARLY bad math and the trading of toxic adjustable rate mortgages? they were GAMBLING with the american economy, and the middle classes greatest source of personal wealth.

Ummmm FYI, even without the bonus, the multi million dollar salary, and them being aloud to continue to be in the position they are in is reward enough. The fact that they tried to give themselves golden parachutes just hammered the point home.

Seriously dude, you must be kidding me, you can't be THAT dumb.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Being in business isn't the same as succeeding in business. George failed at everything he ever tried.
And Romney made money by buying companies, gutting them, then running up a huge debt in their name, then spinning it or dumping it.

Is that how you want him to run the country? Sell off what's left of us to China, then walk away after 4 years with even more money off-shore than he has now.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
And Romney made money by buying companies, gutting them, then running up a huge debt in their name, then spinning it or dumping it.

Is that how you want him to run the country? Sell off what's left of us to China, then walk away after 4 years with even more money off-shore than he has now.
Just to be clear, I will not be voting for Romney. However, we should still at least strive to argue reality, not perception. Despite the sensationalist articles on the topic, Romney's tenure at Bain was pretty ethical. I think I wrote up an analysis in another thread but can't be bothered to find it. Additionally, he was a damn good governor. Seriously, look at his record. He was progressive, moderate, fiscally responsible, and responsive to his constituents. Gay marriage and socialized medicine, fer****sakes. If I had an inkling that Governor Romney were still kicking around in there, I'd give him a hard look. But the primaries showed that Governor Romney is long gone, and Candidate Romney is as beholden to the ideologues as Bush ever was.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Just to be clear, I will not be voting for Romney. However, we should still at least strive to argue reality, not perception. Despite the sensationalist articles on the topic, Romney's tenure at Bain was pretty ethical. I think I wrote up an analysis in another thread but can't be bothered to find it. Additionally, he was a damn good governor. Seriously, look at his record. He was progressive, moderate, fiscally responsible, and responsive to his constituents. Gay marriage and socialized medicine, fer****sakes. If I had an inkling that Governor Romney were still kicking around in there, I'd give him a hard look. But the primaries showed that Governor Romney is long gone, and Candidate Romney is as beholden to the ideologues as Bush ever was.
if this is true, then he will lose.

elections are won in the middle*

*i know you know that, but on the off-chance some DHer comes wandering in here again to ask for directions...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
I disagree with his position on gun control, on the way he didn't prosecute wall street, on the defense bill that got signed, the list goes on and on and on. Funny thing is, this thread was only about one issue. Nice try though
What's "his position" on gun control again? Does he have a line-item veto that can magically change the Defense bill into something that he likes better? Last I checked he can either sign a bill or veto it, not change it once it gets to his desk... What "specifically-illegal" actions did Wall Street do again (aside from misrepresenting CDOs while selling them to their own clients)?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
What's "his position" on gun control again? Does he have a line-item veto that can magically change the Defense bill into something that he likes better? Last I checked he can either sign a bill or veto it, not change it once it gets to his desk... What "specifically-illegal" actions did Wall Street do again (aside from misrepresenting CDOs while selling them to their own clients)?
Go look at the UN arms bill that he's endorsing.
No, he should have vetoed the whole damn thing, it was AWFUL.
That one that you just said.......