Quantcast

Gran Turismo 4 road challenge...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
4:50.297 in a clapped Mk1 GTI on Sarth...

What lightweight cars have engines you can force to make decent power? The GTI is a blast to drive when it weighs 700kg with a 220hp motor but it still doesn't have the oomph necessary...That's what pisses me off about this game...you can have a 16v VW 4cyl making 600hp with the right stuff.

edit: 4:40.990 in a Spoon Civic...so this is what it's like to not have any torque...mmm...gutless car.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
just got a 1:42.083 for challenge numero 2. i'll have to play again when i'm not drunk because i was driving quite poorly.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
4:33.784 for challenge #3. i just need to get myself some time where i can just sit down and do laps for a while seeing as how i went off the track a couple times on that lap.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
4:50.297 in a clapped Mk1 GTI on Sarth...

What lightweight cars have engines you can force to make decent power? The GTI is a blast to drive when it weighs 700kg with a 220hp motor but it still doesn't have the oomph necessary...That's what pisses me off about this game...you can have a 16v VW 4cyl making 600hp with the right stuff.

edit: 4:40.990 in a Spoon Civic...so this is what it's like to not have any torque...mmm...gutless car.
ok I thought you and gnurider's times were to slow. I just logged a 2.55.393 and that's just with a few laps before I really start messing around with settings. I added to the requirements so I hope they're a bit more clear.

You can race ANY car that is under 1000kg...meaning this is where you pull out the big dogs, I used my Minolta Toyota.

Your cars only have to race at under 1000kg...how they meet that weight doesn't matter....D

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i'm down to a 1:36.813 for challenge # 2. i think i need to play this game a little more often.
ok I thought you and gnurider's times were to slow. I just logged a 2.55.393 and that's just with a few laps before I really start messing around with settings. I added to the requirements so I hope they're a bit more clear. D
doh! i totally forgot about that car. i think i've got one in my garage.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ok I thought you and gnurider's times were to slow. I just logged a 2.55.393 and that's just with a few laps before I really start messing around with settings. I added to the requirements so I hope they're a bit more clear.

You can race ANY car that is under 1000kg...meaning this is where you pull out the big dogs, I used my Minolta Toyota.

Your cars only have to race at under 1000kg...how they meet that weight doesn't matter....D
I was doing it in the Renault Turbo rally car, but it wasn't a fast lap by any means (sandbox playing!), but still...I guess I just need to get a 900hp race car under 1000kg.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
OHHHH! We're doing Sarthe II! The original post said "normal" so I assumed it was the modern version. Okay, 250mph backstretch it is. :D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I really hate the way this car is driving. It feels heavy and squirrely How do you guys setup your trannies and how do you take the first sharp right hander? I've gotten a 1:35 pretty cleanly...

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
HINT:
What else can you get in GT Auto besides oil changes?:huh:

I did a lot of fine tuning to get the tranny dialed. I start braking around the first sign marking the corner.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
oh snap! i didn't see that it was sarthe II either. hooray for no annoying chicanes after a long straight!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
HINT:
What else can you get in GT Auto besides oil changes?:huh:

I did a lot of fine tuning to get the tranny dialed. I start braking around the first sign marking the corner.
I'm convinced I was driving a different track, cause I was driving the course very cleanly with an 800hp Ford GT and only getting a 1:34...Oh well, challenge is over.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I'm convinced I was driving a different track, cause I was driving the course very cleanly with an 800hp Ford GT and only getting a 1:34...Oh well, challenge is over.
Adding a spoiler was the the key to getting the car to corner and brake well. With down force you can brake really late make up a ton of time. I made up the most time in the fast s-turns about 2/3 through- i could almost hit them flat out in 5th gear. My initial, sloppy laps were 4-5 seconds faster with a spoiler than my really clean laps without one.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Why weren't you using a lotus?...I had mine up to 905hp and added a spoiler....I tried a run just wall riding the whole time and pulled a 1.19...I will make sure to use tracks that don't really allow it for the next challenges...D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Why weren't you using a lotus?...I had mine up to 905hp and added a spoiler....I tried a run just wall riding the whole time and pulled a 1.19...I will make sure to use tracks that don't really allow it for the next challenges...D
I was, the fast grey Espirit...I had mine up to 900hp too but I couldn't get under 1:35. I did the GT just for kicks to see if I could get a faster time since I hated the Lotus so much...

What's wallriding?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I think we should just take this one challenge at a time. It seems to be more competitive when there is only one challenge going on IMO.

good idea...I was just putting them up ahead of time in case I missed a deadline...ok all fixed ;)...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I was, the fast grey Espirit...I had mine up to 900hp too but I couldn't get under 1:35. I did the GT just for kicks to see if I could get a faster time since I hated the Lotus so much...

What's wallriding?
Did you have a spoiler? Wall riding is a technique sorry @ss racers use to go faster...I would call it a GT4 glitch...on many track you can literally hug the walls and you don't really take any penalty...such as losing speed or car damage....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
1st Challenge
Bmxman- 1.58.670 10pts
Matchew- 1.59.901 6pts
Blue- 2.04.067 4pts
Jet- 2.04.225 2pts
Gnurider1080- 2.15.072 1pt

2nd Challenge
Matchew- 1.22.853 10pts
Bmxman- 1.23.654 6pts
Blue- 1.35 4pts
gnurider1080- 1.36.813 2pts
Jet- 1.44 1pt

Hey guys for future reference... I need complete times to be as accurate as possible....and if after a challenge is over everyone could post their best time...so I don't have to look at 4 pages and write down 4 different times for everyone then figure it all:D....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
3rd Challenge:
Course -Sarth II
Car - car must be under 1000kg after mods!
Conditions -No NOS, no F1 cars!
Deadline Saturday 7/7 11:59 PM PST
2.51.263...wow suspension set up is pretty vital...especially on the back straight @ 261mph!...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I never did go back to tokyo. I prolly should have but...too late. I don't like sarthe, so I'm wiating for the next. Besides, I sold the Minolta to get money...
Stupid,stupid,stupid.
I may have something in the stable though.
yeah well the Minolta sucks anyway...I could never get that thing tuned right like all the other cars in it's class...I just sold mine and bought the Toyota 1...far superior car...D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
yeah well the Minolta sucks anyway...I could never get that thing tuned right like all the other cars in it's class...I just sold mine and bought the Toyota 1...far superior car...D
NOW you tell me when I'm halfway through the 200 miles of el Capitain to get the Minolta...How much can she sell for?