Quantcast

**Gravity East Series Schedule**

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Below is the proposed Gravity East Series Schedule for the 2007 season. This will be a series encompassing many of the different downhill & slalom/mtn cross events up and down the East Coast, from New England to the Carolinas!

This series has been a long while in the making and comes from loads of discussions over the past couple years between racers, promoters, and the folks at USAC. This series is designed to showcase the amazing variety of riding and elite level of racing on the East Coast to the global cycling world! East Coast Unity!

1. May 5/6 - Duryea Downhill, PA
2. May 12 - Massanutten Yee-Ha!, VA
3. May 20 - Diablo Freeride Park, NJ
4. June 2/3 - Plattekill, NY
5. June 15-17 - Wisp, MD REVISED
6. CHANGED...
7. August 11/12 - NEW VENUE IN PROCESS
8. September 2 - Whiteface Mountain, NY
9. September 22/23 - Mount Snow, VT
10. September 29/30 - Wisp, MD
11. October 13/14 - Series Finals Plattekill, NY

All of these dates are tentative at the moment and are subject to change. A series website and ranking system is in process. Keep your eyes peeled for more detailed info in the coming weeks.

The plan is to have overall series cash purses for Pro & Expert categories and good prizes for the Beg/Sports. Best 7 of 11 races will count toward the overall. Promoters of these events will surely be stepping their courses and events up a couple notches for this series!

For more info http://www.myspace.com/gravityeast

-ska todd

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
thats dope thats the GES dates coincide with series events from mountains that we all race at anyway it just ups the ante a little bit. can't wait for this next season

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Right down the road from Sugar. My uncle actually owns a cabin on the mountain.. might have to try and make that one. Also worth noting... whitetail, last time I rode there was on a hardtail with a sid and V-brakes.
Oh I know, been there a buncha times. I'm just incredulous (and psyched) to see a race there again.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
that sounds like one sweet series. makes me wish i was planning on racing and owning a dh bike this coming season.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Guys,

I just want everyone to know that Gravity East isn't entirely my creation. It comes from ideas and efforts from lots of riders, the collective efforts of all of the event promoters, and the help from USA Cycling (yay Kelli!!). Everyone involved wants to promote elite level racing as well as develop the roots. This is all for the riders and to develop the sport here in the East!

Looking at the level of events and the variety of venues and courses has me totally stoked on the oh-seven season. Once you add in the US Open, US Nats, Sugar, and a couple other races, the season is game-on pinned from the beginning of May till the end of July! We're all gonna end up divorced by mid-season.

-ska todd

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
3. May 20 - Diablo Freeride Park, NJ
4. June 2/3 - Plattekill, NY
5. June 15-17 - Whitetail/Capital Cup, PA
6. July 14/15 - (location to be confirmed)
7. August 11/12 - Wolf Laurel, NC
8. September 2 - Whiteface Mountain, NY
9. September 22/23 - Mount Snow, VT
10. September 29/30 - Whisp, MD
11. October 13/14 - Series Finals Plattekill, NY
Schedule looks A+ and great venues.......going to try and hit 4-5 of them.

Good to see everyone coming together on this....

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Thanks! We're working on hiring my neice for race weekends so we can both race/ride! I doubt I could do it for the whole series, though...
Bring the kid (and neice) to the race. My 3 year old went to his first DH race at 3 weeks old. He loves going to them. Especially if they have a kids class.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
its not looking like it man. there site hasnt even been updated from last year. ohh well im sure that they are just slow to do it so no big we will find out eventually.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
its not looking like it man. there site hasnt even been updated from last year. ohh well im sure that they are just slow to do it so no big we will find out eventually.

The snowshoe series is finalized, and I think they are waiting on a title sponsor confirmation before they post it.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
This is going to be great. I am so stoked we have our 2nd annual Whiteface 5 K DH on this schedule. We are going to use our same course we used last year (for this race) that had a winning time of 6:36.
We will also have a $5,000.00 pro cash purse.

Categories and points for the new "Gravity East Series" should be announced shortly.

I can even compete at a few of the early races in. Yeah!

Downhill Mike
www.whiteface.com
www.highpeakscyclery.com
Size does matter!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
This is going to be great. I am so stoked we have our 2nd annual Whiteface 5 K DH on this schedule. We are going to use our same course we used last year (for this race) that had a winning time of 6:36.
We will also have a $5,000.00 pro cash purse.

Categories and points for the new "Gravity East Series" should be announced shortly.

I can even compete at a few of the early races in. Yeah!

Downhill Mike
www.whiteface.com
www.highpeakscyclery.com
Size does matter!

Mike, make it longer! A mini-Avalanche race! Over to the slickrock side!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Does anyone know when the Racersedge schedule will be out ?
Most, if not all of the racersedge schedule is part of the series.....

just guessing here but i woud think theese are RacersEdge races....

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Mike, make it longer! A mini-Avalanche race! Over to the slickrock side!
Yeah, I remember hearing about some mega-long DH race back in the day (late 90's) that was something like 9 miles long... winning time of around 22 minutes. :shocked:

This sounds like a great series. Hopefully I can get to a race or two.

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Most, if not all of the racersedge schedule is part of the series.....

just guessing here but i woud think theese are RacersEdge races....

The Duryea race is not a RacersEdge Race. The Reading Racing crew handles that. The series will be sick can't wait.