Quantcast

Greensboro NC, Country Park

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Just thought id toss a post here of some stuff a few guys built up out at Country Park with full permission from the City of Greensboro Park and Rec if you can believe that !! Some pretty fun stuff!!! Props to Merrit and his Crew.

And of course my ride :) ,

A friend of mine shot 2 vid clips of some riding just dont know how to get um posted yet. Enjoy.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I can't wait to check it out tomorrow. Looks fun. Anybody wanna ride?(9:00am-12:00 weds)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
thanks for the pics Zack, its Alex, i think a few of us are gonna head over saturday, do you mind typin up some directions for me?

by the way the bike looks great

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
ya (this is buck) that place looks sweet! give boyd directions so we can find it pleeze! and itd be great if u want to come ride, u too mike

btw the sherman is sweet on the 110 setting but the 130 is a little plush, no biggy though

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
easy directions for u guys from winston:

40 east to wendover east. Wendover to battleground north (220 N), right at pisgah church rd (across from lowes hardware), first left (beside a school). you'll see the country park signs as u turn by the school. park at the far end of the parking lot. there will be a baseball field on your left, dirt jumps start right behind the scoreboard for the baseball field.

mike - i MIGHT be able to make it to ride in the am, depends on the rain and how tired i am. i get off work at 630am but i'm always up for a ride w/ my buddy mikeypoo! :D

call me when u get up...seriously! 687-6255

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
here's a shot of 'lil manimal hitting the first small double at country park at night. can't believe i got my camera to get the shot. i took some sweet shots of him really high in one of the berms but i can't remember where i downloaded them at.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
werd...i ended up getting wed night off of work so i'll be able to sleep later in the day than usual. i'll be up there as long as it's not raining....i may be a zombie (only had a 1 hour nap since 9 am on tuesday)...but i'll be ready to ride :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
That looks like great stuff. Did the County help you in anyway? Some of the jumps and berms almost look machine built? Bobcat?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Only about 10-15 shovels and twice as many stomping feet, and two tractors and a dump truck. Both with front end loaders and one has a backhoe. For one of the berms, this dude with the backhoe literally took the back scoop and just extended it to the dirt, and rotated it side to side a few times. Then he ran the front tires up and down the berm to pack it. Just like a supercross berm. That berm has never been touched with a shovel! It's puurrfect. The next workdays are two weeks away. That's the weekend after Valentine's Day...all day, both days.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
So.....is there going to be some folks riding there this Sat.??

I've got a clear schedule, and would love to hit this place. I'll lend some shovel time and a camera lens to the day.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'll be there around 10:00 on Saturday. Armed with a shovel. Should be just right, soil-wise. Just a few ruts need to be cleaned up and the second berm needs to be smoothed out a little. Should be a LOT of people out there saturday. I'm thinkin' 10+ maybe? bring yur' cameras and video thingies too.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Thanks for the reply, mike!! :)

Sounds great.......I'll head on over around that time as well. I live over near burlington, so it's just a short drive for me. I had no idea these jumps were out there. Good on ya for the post!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
I'll be there around 10:00 on Saturday. Armed with a shovel. Should be just right, soil-wise. Just a few ruts need to be cleaned up and the second berm needs to be smoothed out a little. Should be a LOT of people out there saturday. I'm thinkin' 10+ maybe? bring yur' cameras and video thingies too.
Me and fomermtboarder or whatever that prick calls himself are definetly gonna be there on saturday, and maybe even formerwhateverthehells friend from Germany too. ill bring my cameras a a shovel, oh yeah, and my bike

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Hey, I was out there on Sunday! I'm the dude with the glossy black DMR Trailstar hardtail Dj thing. Seen me? I probably know you, calf muscle guy.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
motomike - i shoulda snapped a picture of you from today with all your flashy lycra on :thumb: :D i was the one that rode with you guys last week and today when we were talking about course progression.

mikedsx and i went out this morning and rode, it was still a little slick but rideable. definitely need some dirt after the last stepdown, that thing is getting rutted out bad.

anyway, here are the pics from today.

mikedsx over the big table

me pulling a sweet dead sailor over the first table :D

the money shot of mike in the berm

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
oops, hit send too soon....
mike off the stepdown

me off the stepdown making one of my constipated faces. the little table before the log table makes it hard to maintain enough speed for the stepdown...especially in the mud :eek: :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
word so i guess i'll be there saturday. anyone from asheville wanna ride with me?

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
escapeartist said:
Me and fomermtboarder or whatever that prick calls himself are definetly gonna be there on saturday, and maybe even formerwhateverthehells friend from Germany too. ill bring my cameras a a shovel, oh yeah, and my bike

i believe prick means dick :blah:

bisach!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
hey folks, just remember....it's pouring rain right now and it's going to be below freezing every night through saturday so that means that it's going to be a soupy mess. it was still pretty slick today even after a week of sun and above freezing temps.
just something to think about.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dont rain on our parade there copper.

are you gonna be there?

is beer allowed?if not how about a flask with a little whiskey?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
sorry, just trying to give u a heads up, didn't want u to drive all that way for slop.

i can't make it, i'll be getting off of work at 630am sat morning and then i'll be helping a friend move after i take a nap. i might be able to make it on sunday though. let me know if you're coming up....i'll try to at least meet up w/you.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Sucks you can't make it, B.

Haven't hung out with ya in a month of Sunday's. If it's too slimy to ride, then it's perfect for shoveling, so either way, it looks like something is going to get done. :)

All the pics looks great, and I'm excited to check the place out! See ya Saturday.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Woo-Hoo!!

I'm excited!! It's always cool to stumble onto a new riding spot and new riding buddies. Sounds like there is a good-sized core group of riders out there. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :cool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so regardless of weather i should make the drive?i dont mind getting dirty and i'll dig for as long as the arm can stand it.

and brandon you know i was just givin ya a hard time right?

what is the weather like today?its supposed to be pretty windy and that usually helps dry things out.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
It's partly cloudy and very windy. Should be good. It's on a fairly exposed hill, so the wind should help out a lot. There is another place to go to, within a few miles, which will definitely be fine. Still come!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Hey biggins, your an asheville guy right? A couple of years ago, I went to a cane creek race there called the Dixie Dirt Festival. I did the XC, but it had a really cool DS course there. Is it still standing?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
are you talkin about the DS at alexander mountain bike park? there would have been a big river by the parking and it is near a landfill? that course could use a 20 or 30 gallons of weed killer and lots of shovel time but it is still kinda there.