Quantcast

Greensboro NC, Country Park

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
motomike said:
It's partly cloudy and very windy. Should be good. It's on a fairly exposed hill, so the wind should help out a lot. There is another place to go to, within a few miles, which will definitely be fine. Still come!
Yes.....the ground is drying out nicely. We didn't get a whole lot of rain last night out of that storm system, so I would imagine things should be OK by Saturday. What's the other place?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
first of all, yes it was by a river and a landfill. second, We could go to hobby park, salem lake, or some secret jumps just down the road from country park.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hmmm is there any camping around the area? im thinkin maybe i'll stay the night.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have no clue. i would guess its all the same as coming from the west. the directions start with 40 but i might just be talking out of my ass.

First, I wouldn't plan on doing a whole lot of digging this weekend...all that red clay we've used has been hauled in, and we're trying not to excavate or build with any of the existing dirt, which is not really suitable. There is a scheduled build date in a couple of weeks, and that's when we could really use the extra hands. The first couple of berms are nothing compared to the monster we've got planned, and there's still the big table which hasn't been started.

Having said that, everyone should come and ride this weekend. I will be up there Saturday afternoon and probably Sunday.

For mapquest directions, use 3110 Forest Lawn Dr, Greensboro, NC 27455-1623.

And Biggins, you're welcome to camp in my backyard if you want. ;) I live about a mile away from the park.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
manimal said:
easy directions for u guys from winston:

40 east to wendover east. Wendover to battleground north (220 N), right at pisgah church rd (across from lowes hardware), first left (beside a school). you'll see the country park signs as u turn by the school. park at the far end of the parking lot. there will be a baseball field on your left, dirt jumps start right behind the scoreboard for the baseball field.

go to winston then follow these, or at least this will give u a general sense of where it is
:thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
im gonna leave here about 7:30 so i should be there around 10. are those directions pretty accurate?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yeah, Ben...you're good to go. US-220 North( turns into Battleground Ave) turn right on Pisgah Church Road and then almost an immediate left on Jaycee Park Drive. You can park behind the Lewis Center at the corner of Forest Lawn Drive and Jaycee Park. Look forward to meeting you, man. You bringing your AS-X? I'll have my Bullit, so you'll have some big bike company. :blah:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
ZachTheMech said:
Man now I wish me and Mike werent working saturday :( . I think it would be a little odd if we both were um Sick that day.

Statistically, it's possible you two could be sick on the same day.....as long as nobody gets any pics of you guys and posts them on the Internet for your boss to see. :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
This place looks great. I wish I still lived in Chapel Hill - just a hop skip and a jump (literally and figuratively) away. But Noooooo! I had to move to Naptown... Ptttttppp! On me.

I'll definately hit it up next time I'm down for a visit.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
take forest lawn all the way to the end. by the baseball field. park there and ride to the scoreboard (outside of the field, of course) Jumps start there. Oh yeah, there is a trail there, too, if any body wants to, well, see what a 50 foot climb could do to ya.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
who's gonna be there on sunday? i already dedicated myself to helping a friend move on saturday and my mom is coming into town to play babysitter so i can actually go on a date w/ my wife! yeah!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey Brandon.....if I can get done in time with some Sunday obligations, I could get out there around 2 or 3 o'clock. I'll have a better idea by tomorrow afternoon. But since these are so close to me, I'm sure we'll run into each other sooner or later. By the way.....congrats on the 3rd place finish at Fontana. You had some good competition in that group.

wheeliemert

Chimp
Jun 11, 2004
g-boro
the course keeps getting harder and harder. I believe the rain will not even soak in the faces by spring time. We may have to make the jumps a bit more lippy. It's really easy to over shoot the landings. :blah: It's getting better and better!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Once again, the next two workdays are coming up this weekend. Saturday and Sunday, ALL DAY. We have arranged to have two tractors, a dump truck and a bobcat working as well. We will be adding a ~28~foot table top, a 6 foot monster berm, huge six pack, and another table similar to the main one already in place. We need all the help that we can get, because the tractors can only do so much, which still is a lot. We also need people who are good at building really nice lips for the six pack.
Oh yeah, and to those who have ridden this place, we are toying around with the idea of making a new line to double off of the log jump all the way down the hill! HUGE!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
Oh yeah, and to those who have ridden this place, we are toying around with the idea of making a new line to double off of the log jump all the way down the hill! HUGE!
Thats kinda a cool idea, it might be a little big for me but that table thing off the log is really akward.