Quantcast

)))Grumpy Tuesderp GMT(((

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Gray and dreary on the commute. I'm here, let's go find some coffee.

Report cards came out at my sons school...the apple did not fall far from the tree when it comes to math. He needs work in that area - hell, I need work in that area, too.

You guys ever had the Blue Diamond almonds in the Smokehouse flavor? F'ing terrific.

Go out there and be the better human today - we gotta bring that average up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. Was up at 5. Thankfully got to sleep again after a bit only to be woken up by the alarm—early meeting today with someone who is finishing a night shift at 7.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Watched The Cloverfield Paradox last night. Interesting movie. Could do with more monsters, though.

Tonight I shall go outside and not be lazy. Being lazy is just so damn easy when its dark and balls cold, though.

::edit:: and it seems that all the buttons and icons in our ticketing system is now in Spanish.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good morning!

Burned the awning brackets in for good last night. Should be on there for good. Welds may be a tad cold, but they should have enough penetration to do the job. They will get flap disked anyway so the wall can lay flat against that surface. Coming along nicely, may I be popping holes in the sides of my $8K trailer in no time!

Untitled by Tim Souza, on Flickr

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Today's spin on the Whack Weather Wheel delivers frozen hard pack with ice. Perfect for riding Fat Bikes in the woods.
Tomorrow we are slated to get up to 10" of new snow. Thankful I have a few outside activities I can choose from, because no one likes to ride trainers.

Thursday I need to drive down to Rhinebeck with H to visit her mother, driving back Friday.

I just got a phone call telling me that my old friend Jim Hosking died, so Saturday I will drive back to Rhinebeck for a related gathering. Just might ride Ferncliff while I'm there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
your mission for the day should you choose to accept it...

if you here someone say nothingburger or narrative.....cut their tongue out with a pointy object...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Guy at the bakery was very French. I felt looked down on before I even ordered.
It helps if you at least say, "Je ne parlez pas Francais."

Unless that doesn't mean what I think it does... :D

I like the word feckless. I learned it from Pesqueeb. I assume it is one of those words commonly used by airplane mechanics.
Wasn't the full term "feckless twat"? 'Cause that is brilliant!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
this is an hour long meeting as a follow up to the same meeting we had yesterday. i also informed the project manager that there is a functional group required to release product that they didn't even know they had to include in the project.
So...project managers?

And after many hours of overtime by the lackeys involved, someone will utter the words, "Thank you to all involved. This is what makes this company special. The people. When we need them the most, they come through and deliver." You'll get a Jimmy Johns sandwich that you only get if you suffer through an hour long conference room lunch with those same coworkers where everybody just talks about work because they lead boring lives and don't know each other personally outside of work to talk about anything else.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just talked with the new director. Big changes for the layout of my division and where I go is where I want to. I am considered the priority value person on the team and whether it be managing a team, becoming a high net worth account manager (where the focus of the company is going), analyst, etc. it's up to where I want to go to. Sounds like another promotion will be coming near term.:thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just talked with the new director. Big changes for the layout of my division and where I go is where I want to. I am considered the priority value person on the team and whether it be managing a team, becoming a high net worth account manager (where the focus of the company is going), analyst, etc. it's up to where I want to go to. Sounds like another promotion will be coming near term.:thumb: