Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

That said when you don your pussy hat (does it even come off anymore?) to rally for limitations on what firearms I should be able to own, here's a few points to consider:
This really is the best pro-gun argument out there. Clearly any man who is not into guns lacks masculinity, that can only come from a phallic piece of steel that spews freedom. Pew, pew, pew, skeet, skeet, skeet.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Bla bla bla ...None of the 500 people at the funeral were calling for the weapon used to take her life, not a firearm, to be banned... Bla bla bla
Not this same specious argument yet again. You people really need to think about this a bit more before spouting off. And something tells me that the weapon used has a specific use, and was used outside its intended scope for the murder.
Guns have one and one only purpose - to kill shit.
Long guns for hunting both food and human.
Handguns are only anti-personal weapons - not designed for hunting - try it sometime - you'll starve.
Anything else is secondary, and is just practice for killing.

Let see, if you are pissed at a group of people and want to do them serious bodily harm and you have two implements available, a gun and a tire-iron. Which are you going to choose, the one designed for purpose, or the one that can be re-purposed? Remove the gun from the situation, and what happens? Maybe somebody dies, but 17? Nope, you would be taken out long before you got to 17.

With the argument you make, it is the same as allowing every country / two bit dictator / warlord to have nuclear weapons, hey its not the bomb that kills people, but people. Does that sound sane?

Grow up.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
LOL, still butthurt?
I would've responded earlier but I needed to wash up. So. Much. Blood.

I stand by my assessment of you and your late-night talkshow politics.
Even the WaPo is calling out the BS you and your golden calf are spewing.

We just buried by business partners 20yo daughter, who was murdered by her boyfriend.
None of the 500 people at the funeral were calling for the weapon used to take her life, not a firearm, to be banned.
Instead they were focused on how the mental health system is so fucked up it allowed that motherfucker to check himself out of the pysch ward the morning he killed her.
Over the 25 years I've been fighting that system while trying to manage my brothers mental illness I don't recall a flood of crocodile tears from the likes of you.

As I've stated before, my state subjects me to the toughest background vetting in the nation.
Previously in the thread I've said I'd support, even advocate for, those standards going nation wide.
I believe there will be improvement on this end in the near future.

That said when you don your pussy hat (does it even come off anymore?) to rally for limitations on what firearms I should be able to own, here's a few points to consider:

1) The AWB was proven ineffective and was unable to stop Columbine, the root of this school shooting trend madness.
2) Fuck you.

And with that, you sanctimonious cunt, I bid you good day.
If you know so well how fucked up the mental health care system is and youve been fighting it for 25 years you must be a special kind of stupid to not want more regulations on guns...

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Trump just said he instructed AG Sessions to write a plan to ban bump stocks or 'things that turn legal weapons into machine guns'.
I bet we see no such plan in the next 10 days.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have a tough time with this topic, as do many I'd think, because I see valid arguments on both sides. I'm just saying that keeping a cool head prevails, usually. I believe the goal of a debate, the "win" if there can be one, is to try and change someone's perspective or opinion, or open them to the possibility.
I agree. The point I was making, if you follow the quotes back far enough to see when I got ad-hominem'ed, was that though I too see a fair argument from the right on this issue, was that from the right, there is no middle ground. It's "I've said I'd support, even advocate for, those standards going nation wide."

Quickly becomes

"rally for limitations on what firearms I should be able to own".

AKA, when freedumb® dies.

Speaking quite generally, sometime after Newtown I realized that what the right tends to advocate for, is that a certain kind of gun, will always have value greater than that of any number of children or people. The only other thing I know of that demands this kind of "loyalty" in the face of this kind of horror, as far as I know or can think of, is religion. In the old testament, God demanded of Abraham he sacrifice his son Isaac. At the last second god stops Abraham and says "now I know you fear God". Old testament god was a blood thirsty dick, but even sacrificing ones own children was a step too far. But here, almost every day, we sacrifice children to the Gun God, and instead of being appalled, we're supposed to accept it's inevitability, because we fear the uncaring Gun God. A religious person does not seek middle ground on god. A fanatic, does not give on "principal". Generally, these people are regarded as terrorists. Religion, squares in the mind of the believer, the righteousness of flying airplanes full of fuel and people into skyscrapers.

Or the "right" to own a certain type of weapon whose soul purpose is to spray large amounts of lead, sometimes faster than humanly possible, at other people.

I don't know how to argue with an absolutist. What I have been talking about is the sort of gun reforms that polling shows the vast majority of Americans support, on both sides of the political spectrum. But we cant even get that, because the gun god demands that we fear. To suggest such heresy is to be labeled a loon. I'm not talking about taking away pappy's shotgun. I'm not talking about Obamas Negro Hordes storming the homes of God fearing heterosexuals to take away the deer season bolt action. Hell, used to be that I thought even a buy back/confiscation of legally purchased semi-auto "hunting" rifles was a step too far. But what I'm starting to think, is maybe, like Australia, is we should.

Well, no. I don't. But calling somebody an asshole because they pushed your buttons didn't help.
You're right, it was unprofessional, and I regret that.

Edit: and just like last time, some of the fellas in the hangar have been discussing the necessity of running out to buy parts, or whole, ARs "before they are illegal". Yea. Because that's what we should be taking away from the deaths of 17 people, most of whom were kids.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I say, lets get Louis Farrakhan and/or the Nation of Islam to take up the cause of AR15/"Assault style" gun ownership. That shit would get rounded up so quick that friction from the atmosphere would melt them down.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I say, lets get Louis Farrakhan and/or the Nation of Islam to take up the cause of AR15/"Assault style" gun ownership. That shit would get rounded up so quick that friction from the atmosphere would melt them down.
Mulford Act, 1967...Mulford Act, 1967...call for Mulford Act of 1967...you have a call waiting on the white RM courtesy phone...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
will you still buy these bike related brands?

https://www.bikebiz.com/news/anti-gun-bike-brand-boycott

In the wake of the Florida school shooting, US bike advocate Aaron Naparstek is calling for a boycott of Giro, Bell, Camelbak, CoPilot and other bike brands owned by Vista Outdoor, one of America's largest ammunition makers. This $3bn company is also a corporate supporter of the gun lobby’s mouthpiece, the National Rifle Association, he said.

"The same company that manufactures your CoPilot rear-rack child bicycle safety seat also produces the SavageArms MSR 15 Patrol assault rife," tweeted Naparstek last night.

He added: "It's just jarring to me that when I bought @GiroCyclingUK, @BellBikeHelmets, @CamelBak and CoPilot products, I put money in the pockets of a domestic arms dealer."

Vista Outdoor is a holding company that owns gun brands that make ammunition, guns and gun accessories.

Naparstek notes that "One of @VistaOutdoorInc's other brands, @FederalPremium Ammunition, is a major sponsor of [the TV station of the National Rifle Association.]

"Moreover, @VistaOutdoorInc is an avid supporter of the NRA and its company officials sit on the board of the NSSF, the quietly powerful gun industry lobbying group working on things like the loosening of state regulations for concealed carry permits."

A series of tweets posted by Naparstek last night have since been "liked" and retweeted hundreds of times, leading to fears that any consumer boycott could gain traction.

"Boycotting Vista's bicycle brands could really hurt them," claimed Naparstek.

Naparstek is a long-time bicycle advocate, and founder, in 2006, of US transportation news site Streetsblog.

Bell, Giro, and Blackburn were bought for $400m by Vista Outdoor in February 2016.

At the time, Vista Outdoor CEO Mark DeYoung (who was also CEO of Savage Arms) said: "This acquisition is consistent with our strategic growth objective of becoming a world-leading outdoor sports and recreation products company."

He is no longer with the company but, at one time, he was America’s highest-paid gun company executive, earning $13.2 m in 2015, reports Mother Jones.

As reported on BikeBiz in October last year, the current Vista Outdoor CEO is Christopher T. Metz.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

In the wake of the Florida school shooting, US bike advocate Aaron Naparstek is calling for a boycott of Giro, Bell, Camelbak, CoPilot and other bike brands owned by Vista Outdoor, one of America's largest ammunition makers. This $3bn company is also a corporate supporter of the gun lobby’s mouthpiece, the National Rifle Association, he said.

"The same company that manufactures your CoPilot rear-rack child bicycle safety seat also produces the SavageArms MSR 15 Patrol assault rife," tweeted Naparstek last night.

He added: "It's just jarring to me that when I bought @GiroCyclingUK, @BellBikeHelmets, @CamelBak and CoPilot products, I put money in the pockets of a domestic arms dealer."

Vista Outdoor is a holding company that owns gun brands that make ammunition, guns and gun accessories.

Naparstek notes that "One of @VistaOutdoorInc's other brands, @FederalPremium Ammunition, is a major sponsor of [the TV station of the National Rifle Association.]

"Moreover, @VistaOutdoorInc is an avid supporter of the NRA and its company officials sit on the board of the NSSF, the quietly powerful gun industry lobbying group working on things like the loosening of state regulations for concealed carry permits."

A series of tweets posted by Naparstek last night have since been "liked" and retweeted hundreds of times, leading to fears that any consumer boycott could gain traction.

Naparstek is a long-time bicycle advocate, and founder, in 2006, of US transportation news site Streetsblog.

Bell, Giro, and Blackburn were bought for $400m by Vista Outdoor in February 2016.

At the time, Vista Outdoor CEO Mark DeYoung (who was also CEO of Savage Arms) said: "This acquisition is consistent with our strategic growth objective of becoming a world-leading outdoor sports and recreation products company."

He is no longer with the company but, at one time, he was America’s highest-paid gun company executive, earning $13.2 m in 2015, reports Mother Jones.

As reported on BikeBiz in October last year, the current Vista Outdoor CEO is Christopher T. Metz.
If you purchase any product from a manufacturer or retailer any where on planet Earth, you can rest assured that you don't have a clue where your money really goes. If you boycotted all of them, assuming you knew which where connected to the source of Evil (in this case; the NRA), then pretty soon you would be left without resources and subsequently vanquished to Alaskan Homestead realty TV on the Discovery Channel in a futile attempt at being self-sufficient and living off the grid.

It's a slippery slope Eric, very slippery.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

To the best of my ability I will.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it don't mean shit to companies making millions, but I always vote with my dollar.

on a side note, am I the only one that thinks it would be neat if the head of the NRA got shot. to death...:)

fight fire with fire!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
it don't mean shit to companies making millions, but I always vote with my dollar.

on a side note, am I the only one that thinks it would be neat if the head of the NRA got shot. to death...:)

fight fire with fire!

I'm leaning more towards the poetic justice of a vegetable knife.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Anybody catch that town hall on CNN?

This might feel a little different this time.
At the very least Marco Rubio's political career (and likely anything downstream too) was ended with that showing. No way in hell the Democrats don't play that over and over again in 2020 or 2022. It also explains why nobody else is even willing to talk to the kids who survived; they're terrified.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yea, credit to Rubio for participating but he knew he was damned if he did/didn't from the first question.

I hope another take-away is that the general public starts to understand more clearly how fucked up the loopholes are in many of the gun control measures. With this, they can argue from a better position for what they're after.

I was surprised that the NRA chick participated at all.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yea, credit to Rubio for participating but he knew he was damned if he did/didn't from the first question.

I hope another take-away is that the general public starts to understand more clearly how fucked up the loopholes are in many of the gun control measures. With this, they can argue from a better position for what they're after.

I was surprised that the NRA chick participated at all.
When she tried to pin blame onto the sherrif I think any support she had in the room evaporated.