Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome day of snowboarding yesterday night at Mtn Creek. It was nice because there was 4 of us and I hadn't been riding with a group that large in literally years. Anyway finally broke my jump cherry and hit a fit jumps. Hopefully next time I'll hit some rails!!

What's everybody got planned for today?

Have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Bogged down with homework and that is overshadowing the fact that I have lots of new bike parts that I want to install and the recent snow that we have gotten is preventing me from getting outside and riding.

Oh yea, and I have the pleasure of working with my professor's son on the project for ordinary differential equations. Kid is putting me to shame with all of his mathematical know how and logic.

By chance, does anyone happen to know how to solve and explain to me how R/2R ladders work? I can send you a brief description of the problem, you just have to explain to me how and why things turn out the way they are.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a pretty uneventful night. The highlight was getting a new band for my Timex watch. :rolleyes:

Today and tonight - probably more of the same.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - had a pretty uneventful night. The highlight was getting a new band for my Timex watch. :rolleyes:

Today and tonight - probably more of the same.
I wore the Surly Jersey under my coat last night and it was totally awesome!!!
I can't wait till march when I can wear it riding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm going nuts here. The guy I share an office with has been ranting and raving for days about how stupid our IT department is, how stupid microsoft is and how stupid Dell is. He is trying to recover his computer after accidentally booting off of a DOD wipe disk and accidentally hitting OK at all the prompts then accidentally walking away from his computer as it wiped out his hard drive.:rolleyes:

I have already told him to STFU it was his fault, but he seems very determined it was everyone elses fault.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Pretty quiet around the taylor homestead last night. Did a big session on the trainer yesterday morning so I skipped it last night and hit the weights instead. I'm a little sore this morning.

Not much exciting on tap at the moment... busy workday today with meetings taking up most of the day. Tonight, Emma has dance class, so I'll run a few errands while she's dancing. I'll probably take tonight off from any exercise, but hit the trainer tomorrow morning.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
I have already told him to STFU it was his fault, but he seems very determined it was everyone elses fault.
I don't know the name of the song, but it's on commercials and such fairly regularly... it's a chick singing, she says, "I'm sorry, sooo sorry..." You should see if you can find the clip, download it, and play it from yoru PC all day long.

Then give him an abacus and a typewriter.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
Well, if Dell and Microsoft and the IT department didn't suck so much, he probably wouldn't have been stuck with the mental capacity of a six-year-old... :p

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Stosh,
Grades are due today so I spent all day and night entering grades, only to find a huge chunk of the grades that I had previously entered went missing somewhere out in "data bit land":mumble: Oh well!!!

Your boarding trip sounded awesome, we just got the first little cold snap in a month or so! hopefully we'll get some snow and I can take the kids to the slopes.

weird night last night, my wife went to the local pharmacy to get some medicine for my daughters ear infection, and there were like 7 or 8 cop cars in the parking lot, and when Bek went in the clerk was giving a description of some guy that had just robbed the joint!
Then as I was driving it was snowing and blowing pretty hard when the sky lit up with thunder and lightning for like the next half hour! pretty cool storm, but a weird night!!!

have a good day yinz guys!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning Stosh,
Grades are due today so I spent all day and night entering grades, only to find a huge chunk of the grades that I had previously entered went missing somewhere out in "data bit land":mumble: Oh well!!!

Your boarding trip sounded awesome, we just got the first little cold snap in a month or so! hopefully we'll get some snow and I can take the kids to the slopes.

weird night last night, my wife went to the local pharmacy to get some medicine for my daughters ear infection, and there were like 7 or 8 cop cars in the parking lot, and when Bek went in the clerk was giving a description of some guy that had just robbed the joint!
Then as I was driving it was snowing and blowing pretty hard when the sky lit up with thunder and lightning for like the next half hour! pretty cool storm, but a weird night!!!

have a good day yinz guys!!!
I know this has probably been discussed before but what do you teach?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning everyone! Nothing exciting going on here today. Looks like a slow day in the lab, which makes me want to go home and sleep. Chatted with some friends last night. I think they are all losing their minds thinking that just because they are in their early 20's and done with school they need to rush into an engagement/marriage. Good grief. :rolleyes: I love 'em all but wish I could just go up there and beat them.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning monkies.. rough day at work.. playing with mix designs and testing ouit new mixes <asphalt> way too much stuff to do today..its gonna be a late one!!

edit: enjoy the day!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning everyone! Nothing exciting going on here today. Looks like a slow day in the lab, which makes me want to go home and sleep. Chatted with some friends last night. I think they are all losing their minds thinking that just because they are in their early 20's and done with school they need to rush into an engagement/marriage. Good grief. :rolleyes: I love 'em all but wish I could just go up there and beat them.
It's funny, I'm 28 and I look at when my parents got married at 25 and they had me before they were 28 so it's kind of hard to think I'm not a little "behind" but I also feel good that I waited and found the right person, she's only 25 so it's not like we're that far off.

Then there is our friends who are about to have their 3rd child and they are both 25. YIKES!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning monkies.. rough day at work.. playing with mix designs and testing ouit new mixes <asphalt> way too much stuff to do today..its gonna be a late one!!

edit: enjoy the day!!!!
Can you send some trucks up here there are a few pot holes that need major patching on my route to work.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
stosh said:
It's funny, I'm 28 and I look at when my parents got married at 25 and they had me before they were 28 so it's kind of hard to think I'm not a little "behind" but I also feel good that I waited and found the right person, she's only 25 so it's not like we're that far off.

Then there is our friends who are about to have their 3rd child and they are both 25. YIKES!!!
Yeah, I used to feel a little like that with my parents....engaged at 19, married at 23, me at 27 (of course, they started dating at 13)...but I quickly thought better of myself. I just can't deal with all that now, if ever.

I have a friend who is almost 25 with a 2 year old and he is going through a divorce right now. This is what I am afraid of with all the rest too. I just don't think they realize, as you said, that it's better to just be a little "behind" if it means they found the right person and waited until they were actually ready.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I teach Graphic Communications, screen printing, Offset lithography and graphic design. 9th-12th graders. its a great gig!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning.......

Woke up and read where the team bus for Boston College mens basketball team hit and killed a cyclist over in Carrboro last night as the team arrived for a game scheduled with UNC tonight. Sad. I'm amazed collisions like this don't happen more often given the frequency and volume of which vehicles and bikes mix it up in Chapel Hill.

Not a lot to report.....I'm becoming addicted to Lowes Home Improvement. I've been in there several times in the last week and I can see myself going back there again many more times if I don't curb this urge.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning!!! Still no baby :( I have another Dr. apt. today to find out how much further I have progressed toward having her!!! I am SO tired of waiting. Our new dryer arrived yesterday and didn't come with the right connector so we have to get that today and see how soon it will be operational. I am hoping it will be operational tonight so I can do some laundry. Otherwise, another boring night at home!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
Not a lot to report.....I'm becoming addicted to Lowes Home Improvement. I've been in there several times in the last week and I can see myself going back there again many more times if I don't curb this urge.
I could probably live at Home Depot for a week or so if someone brought me my meals. And gave me a TV to watch the new Simpsons on Sunday nights.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Looking forward to the Wednesday Night Ride tonight although they are predicting rain today. It has been 99 days here in Phoenix with no precipitation and if we make it to Friday we tie a record. Guess we'll see what happens...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:

Don't feel like you're far behind. I got married at 21 (turned 22 three weeks later) and after 7 years of marriage we finally decided that we were ready to try to have a child! By this age, my mother had 3 children and was pregnant with twins! ;) Times they are a changin' that's for sure.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
antimony said:
<snip> I think they are all losing their minds thinking that just because they are in their early 20's and done with school they need to rush into an engagement/marriage. Good grief. :rolleyes: I love 'em all but wish I could just go up there and beat them.
It's amazing what sort of dumb $hit people will do when they're bored. :D

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Good mornin' all. And sheesh easy with all of the marriage and kids talk, some of my buddies are starting to get married and its kind of freaking me out.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Looking forward to the Wednesday Night Ride tonight although they are predicting rain today. It has been 99 days here in Phoenix with no precipitation and if we make it to Friday we tie a record. Guess we'll see what happens...
Dry?

In Phoenix?!?

There's a surprise............ :D

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
TreeSaw said:
Don't feel like you're far behind. I got married at 21 (turned 22 three weeks later) and after 7 years of marriage we finally decided that we were ready to try to have a child! By this age, my mother had 3 children and was pregnant with twins! ;) Times they are a changin' that's for sure.
Agreed. I was 33 when i got married, my wife 29.
My kid was born when my wife was 31.

Her mom had 7 kids, 5 of them between 30 and 40, so i figure that we have plenty of time to get to the 2 or 3 we want.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Greyhound said:
Good Morning.......

Sq-Earl and I are that way sometimes and other times with sporting goods stores...we really shouldn't go shopping when we have free time because we end up buying tons of camping equiptment and lumber. :p

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
antimony said:
I have the opposite problem actually. Many of my friends are still hooking up and being very non-commital. I think there has to be a happy medium somewhere between sleeping around and getting married right away.

Anyway, another day at the office. I'm trying to caption some photos of Matchbook Romance and it's difficult because they look so cleancut in our photoshoot and so sweaty and grunge on stage.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

prediction: It will rain a lot Feb 18-19

I hope I will be wrong

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I got the first few pieces of my new Cuisinart culinary set... I really want to keep it in nice shape...

All the lids are glass and I dont want to damage them... whats the best way to clean them? Will the green scrubbie pad scratch the glass?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Crashby said:
I got the first few pieces of my new Cuisinart culinary set... I really want to keep it in nice shape...

All the lids are glass and I dont want to damage them... whats the best way to clean them? Will the green scrubbie pad scratch the glass?
I use my green scrubbie pad on the glass lid of my crockpot and it hasn't damaged it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crashby said:

Use the blue scratchy pad...they are softer and aren't supposed to scratch surfaces.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
I use my green scrubbie pad on the glass lid of my crockpot and it hasn't damaged it.
The "green scrubbie pad" is just plastic so it shouldn't scratch glass.

Mine is a "blue scrubbie pad" in case anyone cares ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
prediction: It will rain a lot Feb 18-19

I hope I will be wrong
I'm ready for it, you should be too. Bring spare brake pads and spare cables. I have found preparation is the best preventative available.