Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
I teach Graphic Communications, screen printing, Offset lithography and graphic design. 9th-12th graders. its a great gig!!!
Thats awesome! I remember doing that stuff in High School. I printed a bunch of my own snowboard logo shirts.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I have the opposite problem actually. Many of my friends are still hooking up and being very non-commital. I think there has to be a happy medium somewhere between sleeping around and getting married right away.

Anyway, another day at the office. I'm trying to caption some photos of Matchbook Romance and it's difficult because they look so cleancut in our photoshoot and so sweaty and grunge on stage.
Post them here for some ideas!!!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

Should be a good day here. My wife's bike got pinked up some more last night, it now has the 'pretty and strong' headset.

Westy said:
I'm going nuts here. The guy I share an office with has been ranting and raving for days about how stupid our IT department is, how stupid microsoft is and how stupid Dell is. He is trying to recover his computer after accidentally booting off of a DOD wipe disk and accidentally hitting OK at all the prompts then accidentally walking away from his computer as it wiped out his hard drive.:rolleyes:

I have already told him to STFU it was his fault, but he seems very determined it was everyone elses fault.
I'd call that a career limiting move on his part.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I finally identified the members of the band. It would have been easier if I could have seen the tatoos, but we put them in suites. I didn't realize they were from Poughkeepsie.
I have no idea who you're talking about.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
mornin'. more snow. i think i need snow tires for my bitty little honda. almost got stuck @ Miles' bus stop. :rolleyes:

good spin class again last night, hit a new max HR right towards the end. did some work at home. :dead:

then watched _love monkey_ again. the guy's female buddy (played by judy greer) i think is hotter than his love interest @ the office.

i am waiting for the iggy pop cameo.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
mornin'. more snow. i think i need snow tires for my bitty little honda. almost got stuck @ Miles' bus stop. :rolleyes:

good spin class again last night, hit a new max HR right towards the end. did some work at home. :dead:

then watched _love monkey_ again. the guy's female buddy (played by judy greer) i think is hotter than his love interest @ the office.

i am waiting for the iggy pop cameo.

Crap I've been meaning to catch that Love Monkey show and now I'm two episodes behind. ugh!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Not too much going on this week at work. I've been training every night this week at home to prepare for the race this weekend because I'll be moving up to the Sport class :dead:

Have a good day everyone! :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon monkeys.

Bleh...pop quiz in neuro which I was just NOT awake for. Oh well.

I'm out of it today. No motivation to do much but sit around and play Xbox or to ride. And I've got a bunch of crap to do like dishes, laundry, packing for a weekend trip home, lab reports, etc etc.

And it's sleeting out. Just a barrel of monkey fun today.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
robdamanii said:
I'm out of it today. No motivation to do much but sit around and play Xbox or to ride. And I've got a bunch of crap to do like dishes, laundry, packing for a weekend trip home, lab reports, etc etc.
Could you keep being lazy, I'm almost caught up in the cycling log ;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
I didn't say I wasn't going to ride!

In fact, I put in some miles last night.
outside miles, or trainer miles?

i still haven't made a decision if i want to claim miles for the spin bike, and really not sure of the basis of the estimate. i guess average HR (for a set duration) as compared to a trail ride and see what the mileage is would work, but i don't have a cycling computer on any of my bikes.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
narlus said:
outside miles, or trainer miles?

i still haven't made a decision if i want to claim miles for the spin bike, and really not sure of the basis of the estimate. i guess average HR (for a set duration) as compared to a trail ride and see what the mileage is would work, but i don't have a cycling computer on any of my bikes.
Trainer miles. I'm counting them, since it's nice to keep a log of my progress and such.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there's no good way to really judge progress on the spin bike then (no way to measure flywheel resistance vs heart rate, which is really the telling variable) because it's always the same 45-50 min, so i will just use it as a fitness base to see how it goes on the trail. that said, i'm not gonna get a bike computer so i will just continue to list times unless someone i am riding w/ has a computer.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
narlus said:
there's no good way to really judge progress on the spin bike then (no way to measure flywheel resistance vs heart rate, which is really the telling variable) because it's always the same 45-50 min, so i will just use it as a fitness base to see how it goes on the trail. that said, i'm not gonna get a bike computer so i will just continue to list times unless someone i am riding w/ has a computer.
Good call. You may be able to estimate from your RPE and time what you'd be doing if you have a computer on a bike and can compare your spin bike with a real one. Other than that....I've got no clue as to how to figure it out.

As long as the training is working, it's not really an issue how "far" you go.