Quantcast

~~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by tonyhawk
some of the fastest people I ride with have some of the skinniest legs I've seen. I think I'll try beginner first though.
And some of the slowest guys you've ridden with have skinny legs too! :D :monkey:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning :monkey:s

Not a bad day here. Sunny outside right now, butI have to teach late so I probably won't get a ride in. If my students are all on time, I can hit the trails for almost an hour though so keep your fingers crossed!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
Good morning, stosh,

Left the van in Hinesburg this morning and rode the bike in to work. Fifteen miles in about an hour. Planning to do it again tomorrow with one of my co-workers. The full thirty mile ride takes a little too long.

J
I had to re-read the begining of your post 3 times because I thought you were trying to write "Van Helsing"

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I decided to ride from the house to the trails yesterday -- about a 4 mile road ride. About half way through my lap, something was making noise in the rear. First, I find a crack in the paint on the BB so I freak thinking my frame is cracked but it isn't. Not being able to find the problem I continue on. About two miles later I notice that when I am coasting the deraileur and chain are bouncing on their own. So I decide my freehub is going out and as long as I am pedaling no issues. Still have six or seven miles to get out of the park and to the house. So about a mile from the house I go around a corner and the rear wheel feels really loose. I stop and check things out and the rear wheel can be wiggled back and forth about a half inch.

Rear Hub Woes