Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

ClumpRider

Chimp
May 21, 2002
Riding bikes or girls
Originally posted by Nd4spd
Originally posted by Ian F

Yep, I've had that frame since '98 - raced XC at Mt Snow on it... ouch... I have a I.F. for xc now (steel:good). The Chameleon is holding up well for me with dirtjumping and general DH abuse. I really like how it handles and seems made for a 4" travel Marzocchi. So far my biggest drop on it has been about 6-7 feet.

Hey Ian sounds like we have the same taste in XC rides.Like you said steel good;) Now this is the winter project,(you guys talked me into one that i couldn't pass up)the question is what will end up on it:confused: This thread has given me alot of ideas;)
Oooooooooo the nice frame! Congrats :thumb:

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Is it me or does that bike have no grips or frontbrake, yet a rotor? Myabe I am not up on urban bike styling or mechanics but I just dont see the advantage of riding grip-less and front brake-less.

hehe!

Ok, let's get this straight, I just wanted to show the different variations my bike has gone through, the poor thing...PS...the ONLY reason I put on the 26 front with the rigid and with the SID(only 4" fork we had kickin around to slap on while I wait for my 03 Junior T) was because I had no 24" QR wheels...so don't get started :rolleyes:

what do you think...by the way, the longer travel was by far the best setup. :monkey:

Attachments

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by ClumpRider

There are much nicer in this month's BMX Mag

:rolleyes:... Really, this hardtail thing is turning a bit rediculous.
is it much different than the full suspension thing??

for example....let's say there's a pic of a TMX, Holeshot, DHR, Stab Primo, or and other dh bike then I could say, "There are much nicer in this month's motocross mag."

btw, that bike symbolizes progression of the sport......it looks different because it's not a burly all-arounder, it's a specific urban assault/dirt jumper.

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
haha, that sasquatch is my brothers, and nothing compared to my new morphine, i shpuld get a full size pic tonight or tomarrow, in the mean time go to Shifty S.' sight to see a thumbnail and some other incredibly disgusting hardtails:D

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
haha, that sasquatch is my brothers, and nothing compared to my new morphine, i shpuld get a full size pic tonight or tomarrow, in the mean time go to Shifty S.' sight to see a thumbnail and some other incredibly disgusting hardtails:D

ant:

Chimp
May 17, 2002
Long Island, NY
Originally posted by ClumpRider

:rolleyes:... Really, this hardtail thing is turning a bit rediculous.
What is rediculous about an overbuilt hardtail? People keep saying stuff like this.... Many of us choose to ride without rear suspension for a varitey of reasons, and many of us like to do so frequently and push our equipment hard while doing it... maybe you like to fold rims and crack cranks, but I'd rather ride a slightly heavy (which you get used to in a week or two) overbuilt bike that I can trust on every landing... What do you care?

I do have a problem with anyone that builds their bike a certain way to fit a style (this applies to people across the spectrum from roaidies, downhillers, freeriders, xcrs, bmxrs, circus freaks, etc...) but after riding around for a year a bike that broke almost everytime I went out to have a bit of fun, I find an overbuilt hardtail is the only way I can spend more time riding than I do wrenching... I am a pretty smooth rider, but things happen., and when they do it is nice to have bike that can take it...

and seriously, how can you call a dope letoy overkill and say nothing about the nucleon

This thread is alot of fun to look at, and I dont want to turn it into a debate, but consider why many of us build our bikes the way we do... keep the pictures coming...

I don't care what you ride as long as you love to ride...

Attachments

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Besides the brakes that are going on tommorow what needs to be done or tweaked alittle different.Thought about a 24" on the back.First time building up a "serious" hardtail that's not for XC.Thanks for any input,i appreciate the help:thumb:

Ridge_Rider

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
That's sweeeeeeet. The sinisters reallly changed this year:monkey: peabody eh? yuo up for going to the red bull bike battle? we're gonna have a ride after, PM me
Thanks! We did a total redesign for 2003 and are very happy with the new Ridge.

A few of us are planing on going to the Red Bull event, I'll shoot you a PM today and maybe we can hook up for a ride afterwards.

Absolutely awesome. Sweet build. Have any pics of a gun metal or black finish in the 03 frames?
Thanks again, we're currently gearing up for our 1st 2003 production run, which begins in October. So right now we've only got two 03 frames the orange one pictured above and a red one (which will be displayed at Interbike at the MRP booth). We haven't set the 03 colors as of yet, but I'm sure will be doing a black and most likely a gun metal as well. We'll be taking some intial deposits in the next few weeks, customers who get their deposits in before production starts will have a free custom color option. For more details check out www.sinisterbikes.com , we'll have all the details on the site in the next few days.

Sinister Bikes
www.sinisterbikes.com

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
Originally posted by Acadian
thats johnG's little bor's bike, he just got it, and his bro just got a banshee morphine and built it up with the parts from his now-broken stinky, complete with risse trixxxy....the lil bro is 12 and just getting into riding, but hes already getting the hang of it!

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
i dont want to hear anything about the DC fork on the hardtail, it feels fine, if a little heavy, but like it has been said, you get used to a heavy bike as long as it doesnt die on you...