dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my azoinc ds1 built for street and dirt jumping

parts spec
azonic ds1 14 inch
00 z1 cr 4 inches set up stiff
sun ringle tomac rims on hubs rear singlespeed (ghetto casset style)
maxxis harddrive rear tire with dh casing and center knobs cut out wiht mofo 2.35 frount tire
truvative cranks (replaced by profiles) with evil supercharger 9beat to **** AND STILL GOING) and 36 tooth ring
14tooth rear cog
haro sledgehammer 3.5 inch cruiser steel bars
king headset
s&m redneck stem
now a sicnros ti seat post with a snafu seat
and a set of avid mechanicals

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by Nd4spd
I counted up to 7 i think so far on the hardtails that you have posted:confused: are there more?:eek: BTW that 24 is off hte hook:thumb:
oh no.....these belong to others. i don't even have a picture of mine yet.

Rollie

Chimp
Dec 25, 2001
Ontario, Canada, Eh?
This is Kenny's .243 prototype, built up singlespeed...

I finally got used to the frame and I LOVE this bike, it's so tight and flicky, perfect urban/dj ride!!!

These things are pure beef. The steel equivalent of a LeToyIII...
And I mean EQUIVALENT... Nothing compares to this frame, not a Minuteman, PX Bommer, Gimp, NOTHING... This thing is soooo beefy...

I am sold on building one up just like this, except for rear only Avid mechanical on a gyro and with a new 03 DJ1...

Attachments

Woggle Bear

Chimp
May 8, 2002
Northcentral Louisiana
There are some sick ass bikes here!!! :) :)I have a Jackflash, but I'm looking at the LeToy III. Just curious as to tire and wheel options. I know it fits a 24x3.0 but what is the largest 26" tire it will take. I was told a 3.0 but most of the pics here look like 24s and smaller 26s.
And whats the frame weight? not that it matters.
Thanks
WB

taylor

Chimp
Nov 28, 2001
Regina,Sask
Almost done building my baby.
Specs:
Frame: guess!
Fork: 01 Supa T
Headset: Pig DH (King should be on this week)
Bars: Raceface
Brakes:Hayes Purple 8/6 with Razor Rocks
Stem: Azonic Shorty Deluxe
Shifter: XTR 8 speed
Grips:Odi Intense lock ons
Seat:Funn Launch Pad
Seat Post:2 bolt no name
Crank: Diamondback BMX (4130 43 spline axle yadayada)
Guide:Blackspire KM-1
Rims:Atomlab Trailpimps 24"
Hubs:Formula 20mm / XT
Rear D:XT
Pedals: DK Ironcross
Tires: Kenda Kolossal 2.6

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by Woggle Bear
There are some sick ass bikes here!!! :) :)I have a Jackflash, but I'm looking at the LeToy III. Just curious as to tire and wheel options. I know it fits a 24x3.0 but what is the largest 26" tire it will take. I was told a 3.0 but most of the pics here look like 24s and smaller 26s.
And whats the frame weight? not that it matters.
Thanks
WB
Well I know it can take Michelin 2.5's but I am pretty sure that it can handle an Intense 2.7 which means that a 2.7 Maxxis will probably fit too.

Rollie

Chimp
Dec 25, 2001
Ontario, Canada, Eh?
Hey I swapped some parts and did up my friend .243. It's all cleaned and I took these glamour shots... This bike feels so sweet as a tech urban ride... tight and flicky, but it's bombproof...

Full 24", Profiles, SS, MacNeil sprocket/guard, Azonic Hot Seat, Azonic ultracross, Kooka Flip DH stem, etc... I love this bike!

XxcheesexX

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Rowland, CA
Originally posted by Rollie
Hey I swapped some parts and did up my friend .243. It's all cleaned and I took these glamour shots... This bike feels so sweet as a tech urban ride... tight and flicky, but it's bombproof...

Full 24", Profiles, SS, MacNeil sprocket/guard, Azonic Hot Seat, Azonic ultracross, Kooka Flip DH stem, etc... I love this bike!

sprocket is that Mcneil and what kind of rear hub is that?

Rollie

Chimp
Dec 25, 2001
Ontario, Canada, Eh?
Originally posted by phlegm
Azonic seats. lol.
Have you seen the rails for the Hot Seat (on the .243), they're massive! Massive and braced to each other, and replaceable...

The hot seat is actually quite comfy for it's size, only thing is so far the pavement chews through the kevlar pretty easy...

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Yeah I got a close look at his rig at the bike battle the other day. Friggin awesome. And it looks like hes running the new e-thirteen drs. Much smaller bashplate, prolly covers a 34-36 rather than the 40t size that comes standard. I cant wait to get a smaller bashguard on my drs when they come out this winter. I hear there may be a possibility of some different colors, too. Who wouldnt kill for a black evil one with white lettering. Sweet.
He was doing some nice stuff on that bike. I love the paint job as well.

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Pinkdyke is really screwy now, i think they put in a filter.

Anywyas, that evil is a dream spec!

And about the azonic seat,
my friend bent his to sit (the rails) but the seat is very comfortable for a small one. it will go on my hardtail when i get it.

Rollie

Chimp
Dec 25, 2001
Ontario, Canada, Eh?
Originally posted by diesel
what bike is that? um not sure where andrejs' been , yea i remember sein the first pics of his blue mm on mtbr. they inspired me to get a mm. i am forever thankfull. the new one is the one that looks 10x more hardcore i.e. the jr.t atomic rims etc etc (yes i kno the monster is 10X more hc than a jr.t but you gotta admit his newer one just looks WAY thicker.)

whoa! just noticed the STEM on that thing. GOOD LORD thats massive. whew!
Holy crap you guys actually know and spell my name correctly?! MUCH RESPECT! LOL!...

uhm, Ill post a pic of my bike just for the hell of it...

It's now a bit different, Azonic Hot Seat, new seatpost, 2.6" gazzys... runs very nice... Too bad I snapped my M arch and busted my shifter and am a poor broke student who can't afford to fix the thing till spring cuz Im blowing the rest of my money to go film fellow Ontario riders...

you'll find me on Dropmachine alot, but Im coming back to Ridemonkey more lately because it has one of the best and most mature rider crowds and discussions...

This thread rocks btw... and everyone check out the pics I put up of my buddies .243... I will own one like that next year I hope. Such a sweet urban tech ride!

Attachments

Rollie

Chimp
Dec 25, 2001
Ontario, Canada, Eh?
Holy ****!!!! 82 pages in this thread!?!?! That is INSANE! No wonder I couldn't find the pics I posted before.... Im gonna post the pics of this .243 again cuz it's such an awesome bike once you get to know it... so flicky, yet so tough...

This bike is a .243 proto, BMX BB, singlespeed Spot hub, MacNeil integrated bashguard/ring, 38t, with 16cog, Profiles, Kooka stem (off my Minuteman) and my seatpost and Azonic hot seat off my Minuteman, Azonic Ultra Cross bar, ODI lockons... Sun Doubletracks with 2.6 gazzys... I can't say enough about this bike... It's no big hucker, but it's a tech street bike that can sure take a beating...

peace

Attachments

roachboy

Chimp
Mar 5, 2002
T dot O
'98 Mr T's had two piece stanchions which allowed you to take off the upper crown and run them as single crown forks. If you look closely at the pic, the crown looks a little thinner then your typical Marzocchi single crown.