Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Acadian

it almost look like the image of the top PK was transformed in Photoshop but withouth keeping the proportions and was resized from the left side, thus the chinstay looks shorter??
I'm starting to think it's just an optical illusion caused by the brick pattern background.

Y

Yuornamehere..

i dont think its photoshopped. i think it just looks deceiving. that must have been done by a profesionla to mamke it look that good.

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
wait, i know, it's the XL size frame. see the top of the top tube where it meets the seat tube, on the black one it's at the same level as the top of the tire, on the green one it's below the top of the tire. XL AND S!

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Yuornamehere..
i dont think its photoshopped. i think it just looks deceiving. that must have been done by a profesionla to mamke it look that good.
As I realized recently, some snapshot cameras do f***ed up things. My girlfriend's camera has this lop-sided fish eye thing going on. Check the rear wheel on my new bike. The camera makes it look like I have a 24" in the front and a 29" in the back!!

Originally posted by bomberz1qr20

As I realized recently, some snapshot cameras do f***ed up things. My girlfriend's camera has this lop-sided fish eye thing going on. Check the rear wheel on my new bike. The camera makes it look like I have a 24" in the front and a 29" in the back!!
The lop-sidedness you are seeing is due to perspective. This is a common occurance when using wide angle lenses for objects close to the lens. Because a wide lens "sees" so closely, distances are totally blown out of proportion. Likewise, if you took a photo with a telephoto lens, you expeience what is call compression. You know all those pics you see of NYC with all the people literally jammed up against each other? A telephoto will exaggerate that effect just as a wide-angle can distort close objects. It's a popular photo-journalism technique for environmental/working portraits. The subjects remains big while capturing all of the scene behind it as well. I've seem this technique put to GOOD use in DHing.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Acadian

PS: don't you ever sleep ;) you are worst than I am..hahah
I usually get some sleep sometime between 4-10am. Usually. My wheel builder didn't leave until an hour ago though, that dude's a riot. Got a bunch of wheels punched out though. I was just replying to some e-mail before getting to sleep.

So any idea what that bike's about? I think I like the rear dropouts, but those mega-gussets and the headtube juntion is fugly, even for a guy like me!

That looks like a RAD knock-off tubest to me.

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
Banshee. A new company out of Victoria I believe. They make a Kona Look alike and another HT frame without as many gussets. they offer a 10 year warranty on their frames and the head tube is 10mm thick. Seem like good bikes for a 10 year warranty.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
actually i already posted that :p along with richs surly. look in the page before this.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Okay, so you guys with your pics got me all psyched to go out and get a DS frame again, since I sold my old one a couple years ago. I checked out all your pics, and specs on different frames. Got a Z1, MRP slalom and some new hayes at home for something as well a good mix of XT/XTR. Which frame would you buy if you didn't have one already. Kinda liked the pictures of the DMR trailstar with the 24"er's. Where can you buy one if you live in the states?

Don't know if I'd race it, but I might. Mostly it would just be fun bike for jumps and sh*t.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by peter6061
Okay, so you guys with your pics got me all psyched to go out and get a DS frame again, since I sold my old one a couple years ago. I checked out all your pics, and specs on different frames. Got a Z1, MRP slalom and some new hayes at home for something as well a good mix of XT/XTR. Which frame would you buy if you didn't have one already. Kinda liked the pictures of the DMR trailstar with the 24"er's. Where can you buy one if you live in the states?

Don't know if I'd race it, but I might. Mostly it would just be fun bike for jumps and sh*t.
DMR are distributed in North America by Norco. I don't know of any shops that carry them, though...

A Cortina 4130 is not far from the DMR, geometry wise. Also the material is the same and the price is most likely very close.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
id buy a parkbike or a letoy if i didnt already have my fin sweet minuteman. but ONLY if i had a minuteman. hehe

vernon

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Singapore
Originally posted by schaefdog
Banshee. A new company out of Victoria I believe. They make a Kona Look alike and another HT frame without as many gussets. they offer a 10 year warranty on their frames and the head tube is 10mm thick. Seem like good bikes for a 10 year warranty.
If you guys are interested, I recently contacted Banshee and got the specs of the freeride and hardtail bikes. The specs are on this link:

http://www.bikesutra.com/bansheebikes.html

Cheers!

C

Cheers

My Planet-x, burlier than before....since my last pic, I added a FSA Pig headset and a Planet-X Goliath Crankset with a 36 blackspire Middle Ring and a 24 tooth Blackspire Chuck Granny, I also put on some Easton Flatboy pedals.

Attachments

mtbtuc8700

Chimp
Nov 14, 2001
CT
Acadian,
What did you do to post the last pic? I tried but it was too big and I didn't want to have to go resize it. Any trick you could tell me.
Thanks.

Y

Yuornamehere..

how do you actualyy host it. i have no clue how to do that type of stuff. pleas explain

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by Yuornamehere..
how do you actualyy host it. i have no clue how to do that type of stuff. pleas explain
If you're using Internet Explorer, right click on the image and click on "Properties." you will see an address in the gray box that pops up.....just copy and paste that link into the text box that pops up when you click on the "IMG" button in the post reply section of this site.

For Opera...just right click and click on the "copy image address" or whatever it says and paste it in the same spot here.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
thats one HOT balfa. what type of riding do you do? i noticed you are sporting just a rear break, was thinking of doing that myself...

Y

Yuornamehere..

Originally posted by Warped

If you're using Internet Explorer, right click on the image and click on "Properties." you will see an address in the gray box that pops up.....just copy and paste that link into the text box that pops up when you click on the "IMG" button in the post reply section of this site.

For Opera...just right click and click on the "copy image address" or whatever it says and paste it in the same spot here.
ima try forgive me if it dont work

BOUCH

Chimp
Apr 11, 2002
vancouver, BC, canada
Originally posted by diesel
thats one HOT balfa. what type of riding do you do? i noticed you are sporting just a rear break, was thinking of doing that myself...
I mostly do dirt jumps and urban/skatepark riding. Shore too but not as often. I only have a back break in the picture because i snapped my Z.3 in half and had to borrow my friends Z1 (in the picture) for a while and it didnt have a disc brake mount. Marzocchi wouldnt waratnee my fork so now i have a borrowed pair of judys on it. :(

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by BOUCH
Marzocchi wouldnt waratnee my fork so now i have a borrowed pair of judys on it. :(
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

They didn't warranty that? Didn't you tell them you were JRA?

Dude - if the stanchions snap like that, it's from abuse and not something any fork maker would cover under warranty... I'd hang that sucker up as a trophy!

BOUCH

Chimp
Apr 11, 2002
vancouver, BC, canada
Originally posted by Ian F

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

They didn't warranty that? Didn't you tell them you were JRA?

Dude - if the stanchions snap like that, it's from abuse and not something any fork maker would cover under warranty... I'd hang that sucker up as a trophy!
lol yeah, i wasnt expecting them to warantee it or anything. Airbomb was quite amazed when i brought the fork into them. They thought i had it on a downhill bike :confused:. They didnt snap from me running into a tree or from me screwing up. They just snapped when i landed off a jump. I didnt even case it! But oh well now i have no more money so i need a job to get some new forks. Oh and im dumb :p what does JRA stand for.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
JRA = just riding along. its what happens to most peoples stuff when the huck themselves off of huge drops to flat :p

i was just riding along...*cough*cough*off this huge stair gap*cough*cough*...AND BAM!