Quantcast

Hey! It's Saturday!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had planned to just buzz around the block. Stopped at the Bongshed. Way afterwards I went to the Deli and got a Turkey Bacon Wrap for a snack. Rode about 4 miles for about 2 hours. Just petered around. Bridgestone is nice and tight. Cute Girl in the park said her Dad had a Bridgestone. I played with her pup for a bit. Turns out I know her Dad. I gave her a bottle of Apple Juice. I asked for her number and got shot down. Ate wrap when I got home and took a huge nap.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Took kiddo out to a great sushi joint in Page. He over-ordered, then ate too quickly.he got up from the table, went outside, came back in and ordered more. He didn't tell me until later that he barfed outside.
That's dedication.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I had planned to just buzz around the block. Stopped at the Bongshed. Way afterwards I went to the Deli and got a Turkey Bacon Wrap for a snack. Rode about 4 miles for about 2 hours. Just petered around. Bridgestone is nice and tight. Cute Girl in the park said her Dad had a Bridgestone. I played with her pup for a bit. Turns out I know her Dad. I gave her a bottle of Apple Juice. I asked for her number and got shot down. Ate wrap when I got home and took a huge nap.
Creeper alert!
But hey, I'll give you some credit for trying. I spent dinner ogling the scantily clad 20 yo server, and thinking 'What If'.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Creeper alert!
But hey, I'll give you some credit for trying. I spent dinner ogling the scantily clad 20 yo server, and thinking 'What If'.
I admit asking if she knew how to make Waffles may have crossed some sort of line. I was appropriately dressed and that apple juice was $2. Zero creeper fucks given...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I admit asking if she knew how to make Waffles may have crossed some sort of line. I was appropriately dressed and that apple juice was $2. Zero creeper fucks given...
I think the whole "I know your dad" bit implying you're her dad's age was the biggest factor in that strikeout.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
In editing a paper tonight I added in a reference to cat videos, as in a paper about people who watch cat videos. Academics is a silly thing indeed.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yup, got one last ride in on this trail, it closes to bikes at midnight. Conditions were epic, trail was not post-holed like usual and was railing turns all over the place. I had installed a dropper and set up my bike with icetech rotors and pads for the DH snow races during the upcoming weekends. Everything clicked and came together for this run. It's kind of sad that the snow conditions are going away, probably mostly because there's a transition to summer where you can't really ride anything, but I do miss those incredibly dark nights in the snow when it seems like you are thousands of miles away from civilization. Now there's around 13:30 of sunlight and it's rapidly growing, while the snow is rapidly melting.
29597790_10101430047385768_3233119109478237186_n.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
First coat done. 3 hours paint time- big room lots of windows.

I got 5 gallons of a light grey she had previously chosen, intending on doing the master, office, guest bedroom, and basement bedroom. Wifey saw it and said too light after I had done about 5ft of ceiling edging. One HD trip and me telling her she got a color too dark, we have a lavender-grey master that is getting a second coat in the morning. She walked in after I had painted about half, said "don't say anything" and walked back out.

The light grey will likely still be used for the office and basement, because they are darker and less well lit. The remaining gallons of lavender-grey will likely go into the guest bedroom and dining room when she decides to have me repaint the main floor because it's currently too light.
In todays episode of "Mrs Stoney wears the pants"

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In todays episode of "Mrs Stoney wears the pants"
On a positive note, the paint is dark enough that one coat is all that is needed. I have one small touch up, but I'm not spending today painting. Studying instead.