Quantcast

Hey! It's Saturday!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiied with @Pesqueeb and another yesterday. It was fun.
Watching kids all day and tonight for friends. Expecting rolling chaos all day long.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skiied with @Pesqueeb and another yesterday. It was fun.
Watching kids all day and tonight for friends. Expecting rolling chaos all day long.
Cylinder 8 remains undiagnosed?

I sadly am not skiing today, or possibly next Saturday either despite a favorable forecast. Family obligations, bah (at least not family photos!)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This weather sucks. Its cold and has been raining since yesterday morning. Its supposed to keep raining all day and turn to ice.

Trails are going to too crappy to even hike on.

I think I'm going to venture north to some rockier trails for a hike. The only gamble is whether there is still snow up there or not.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Skiied with @Pesqueeb and another yesterday. It was fun
Hard Scrabble icy death with a fluffy powder top. 10/10, would ski again. Check engine light came on while coming down the hill. Never had that happen before. Reset @ casa de stoney. Never reappeared. Fingers crossed. Me thinks that after 20 years of solid, reliable "performance", the Jeep is nearing the end of it's lifespan. Really hoping to get two more years out of it so I don't have concurrent car payments. :dead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yay for finally having reserved this after months of trying, only 3 months late for wifey's birthday.

squaw.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Picked up the minty 150mm Reverb Stealth with remote, matchmaker, and bleed kit I scored on CL for $100 yesterday... Dude I bought it from basically left it at the front desk of the accounting firm he’s a partner at, so I just handed money to his receptionist and took the goods. Next level CL transaction right there... and my interaction with the receptionist leads me to believe that this is SOP for him. I find the whole thing hilarious... and also rad that I scored such a great deal on a nearly new drooper.

Fish fry was everything I hoped it would be. 10/10 would nom again. Just had huevos y cafe and now off to work on a race car for a bit. Might ride later, not looking good to ski tmrw so I’ll probably ride again.

#not2bad

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cylinder 8 remains undiagnosed?

I sadly am not skiing today, or possibly next Saturday either despite a favorable forecast. Family obligations, bah (at least not family photos!)
I ordered an ignition coil. I don't have time this weekend to do anything on the car. We're watching some friend's kids this weekend, so between that and study, I have no time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just finished trail work with local crew, playing with rocks is fun. Now probably taking wife to an afternoon stroll, seafood and beers in our favorite place on Cape Ann. Then beers, hockey, moar beers?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Elaborate
You're still new here. If he elaborated on his comment then it wouldn't be as vague and thus reaffirming his status as a unique white person. And frankly, I don't appreciate you antagonizing him. Please learn to appreciate the nuances of our most aloof members.

Now, if you'll excuse me Sir, I must go adjust someones monocle.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ride number 1 complete, 9 miles with 2200ft vert, that's a lot of fun downhill with a long climb back up again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone have the phone number for old man winter? I'd like to give him a call to tell him to fuck right off.

This isn't even snow, it's all ice. Let's see the carnage that happens over night, now. I stayed local and hiked because of how gnarly the roads are. LOL if you took your winter tires off...

Hopefully @slyfink is surviving. I'm sure the ice will be even worse over there...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Well today was interesting. I ran a 5K race and won it. I've never won a race before. I lead it pretty much wire to wire and it wasn't really close. It's an awesome feeling to win a race. Look, my 19:30 race time is good but not exactly world class, but all I can do is race the people that show up. There were 138 people today, which is about average for a small local race. The trophy is awesomely ridiculous. A hand shake would have been just fine! Warm up, race, and extended cool down gave me 12 miles for the day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
'Morning. Well today was interesting. I ran a 5K race and won it. I've never won a race before. I lead it pretty much wire to wire and it wasn't really close. It's an awesome feeling to win a race. Look, my 19:30 race time is good but not exactly world class, but all I can do is race the people that show up. There were 138 people today, which is about average for a small local race. The trophy is awesomely ridiculous. A hand shake would have been just fine! Warm up, race, and extended cool down gave me 12 miles for the day.

Nice!

No pie for winning?!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
down/up Apex?
Straight down Apex, up Argos, up to the top of PickNSledge, down Grubstake, up Bonanza, down Sluicebox, back to the top of Apex.

Might do similar again or a road bike loop this afternoon.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Does anyone have the phone number for old man winter? I'd like to give him a call to tell him to fuck right off.

This isn't even snow, it's all ice. Let's see the carnage that happens over night, now. I stayed local and hiked because of how gnarly the roads are. LOL if you took your winter tires off...

Hopefully @slyfink is surviving. I'm sure the ice will be even worse over there...
nothing is falling yet. but it's coming. and will extend into tomorrow and Monday. I don't know whether to :rant: or :bonk:or :cray:or :shakefist:or :twitch:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
nothing is falling yet. but it's coming. and will extend into tomorrow and Monday. I don't know whether to :rant: or :bonk:or :cray:or :shakefist:or :twitch:
Based on what its doing here.....You should do all of the above, after stocking up on beer.

Luckily here it is ice pellets falling from the sky, not freezing rain (mostly). Otherwise we'd be looking at what happened a few years ago.