Quantcast

Hope Moto FR

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I have a set of the '07 Hope motos on my 303 with the vented rotors. I have 1 weekend on them so far. We spent this past weekend at Bootleg. They are the sickest brakes I have owned. A Bit heavier than what I expected, but they never fade just as the review says from MBUK.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
nice looking but is there really that big of a gap between the 4 and 6 pot brakes to justify a whole new brake? Especially considering i find the 6 pot NOT as powerfull as a set of hayes Mags.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Uhh, no they are not. I just looked them up in the QBP catalog and with standard markup they would NOT be $500 per side.

In QBP, for the same model year, the Motos are exactly $31 more than the M6, that's wholesale.

Make no mistake, the motos are expensive, but they are not $500 a wheel.
I was just saying MSRP, which is not usually what a shop would charge. But still, when I saw the price in the quality book I almost choked.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
nice looking but is there really that big of a gap between the 4 and 6 pot brakes to justify a whole new brake? Especially considering i find the 6 pot NOT as powerfull as a set of hayes Mags.
huh? these brakes have 25% more power then the m6 and m4s...

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
not a hope bash, but why? many, many models of much lighter, much cheaper and at least as if not more powerful setups.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
not a hope bash, but why? many, many models of much lighter, much cheaper and at least as if not more powerful setups.
well look at the yeti. its to completely deck out your bike.

except now he doesnt have enough money to deck out his pedals, seat post, and bars

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I was just saying MSRP, which is not usually what a shop would charge. But still, when I saw the price in the quality book I almost choked.
I'm saying MSRP as well, so maybe you're looking at the "corrected" QBP catalog, but with the wholesale catalog, and a STANDARD markup, they would come out significantly less than $500/wheel. The more expensive things are, the less the percentage markup is, up to the point where it gets to be 160% rather than 200% or more.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
well look at the yeti. its to completely deck out your bike.

except now he doesnt have enough money to deck out his pedals, seat post, and bars
I think it's fine the way it is. I'd say it's still decked. $$ isn't an issue for those Items you mention. I have owned Hayes brakes, and hope mono brakes (4's, 6Ti's and Mini's) and these by far are the best yet. In fact, I'm so confident about the v2 Motos that, I think you'd be hard pressed to find another brake that works as well. Trust me, they work well. And about the bike, I like the Bars alot. They are light and feel great. The carbon seat post I originally had was replaced after the race at Keystone last year when the seat mount broke and not the carbon post, go figure. It was an on the spot replacement, and it was free. I also now have a replacement seat after a crash this past weekend at bootleg on the step down/road gap at the bottom when I cased the landing and went OTB. I also had a set of Crank Brothers Mallets, but broke them after 2 rides when I hung a pedal. I think the Shimano's are nice pedals and they work fine.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
ah, youre right. i cant read.

so theyve basically admitted that the 6pot brakes aint got the balls.

i like the look of hopes stuff but i'd never own their brakes.
yea maybe, i love hope brakes, only problem with them is the stock pads are crap... hopefully they have sorted them out. but then hayes/shimano/avid pads wear out much faster. sorta like tires, softer compound, better grip but faster wear....
soo tempted to get a pair of mono4s now.... mmmmm...