Sep 21, 2001
only hockey....if that.

EDIT: no....hockey looks to be a joke.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Do you get any over-the-air channels? It should be on broadcast TV.

While we were traveling, we found out that http://www.cbc.ca had awesome coverage of the summer events - live streaming of tons of events, plus all of the events that had already been recorded that you could watch whenever. Just had to use a VPN to make it look like we were in Canada.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
find a old laptop that will just barely stream things, install linux on it, google olympics streaming, watch on whatever questionable streaming site you desire

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We have the "everyfuckingthing" cable package, so I imagine if there is something being broadcast, I'll be watching it. No figure skating though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am hoping to take a bunch of acid and just taste the Olympics.
Acid alone probably will not get you there. A tab plus 1-2 decent sized mushrooms with some of those "sit yer ass down" gummy bears to get things rollin should do the trick.

This is the Olympics we're talking about here, so if those athletes can train for decades then it's the least you can do to up your game.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Acid alone probably will not get you there. A tab plus 1-2 decent sized mushrooms with some of those "sit yer ass down" gummy bears to get things rollin should do the trick.

This is the Olympics we're talking about here, so if those athletes can train for decades then it's the least you can do to up your game.

You could say I have been training for this my whole life. And I am old, not one of them kids whose parents just paid for them to go to ski school so they could drink hot toddies and blow lines back in the lodge.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I am a diehard snowboarder since almost twenty years. There's nothing better then a powday with friends. I grew up back in the day when skiers hated snowboarders and the FIS wanted to ban the sport.

Ohlimpdicks you say?

I am actually not really keen to see BMX and Skateboarding making a debut in the summer games either.
What I heard is, that both sports will be managed by the UCI, which you know, will pretty much have the same outcome as snowboarding under FIS.

But the viewer numbers are decreasing so we must add "Action sports"!

Imo the Olympic games are just a big waste of money. The only organization profiting from it is the IOC itself.
No athlete is actually allowed to advertise his sponsors during Olympics and usually the zones and buildings where the games are held are rotting to pieces afterwards.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am a diehard snowboarder since almost twenty years. There's nothing better then a powday with friends. I grew up back in the day when skiers hated snowboarders and the FIS wanted to ban the sport.
What kills me is after all that, skiing has ripped off practically everything from snowboarding, from attire to tricks. Hell even skis now are just narrow little snowboards.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I pay a ton of money for Spectrum cable. I will watch skiing, maybe some snowboarding.
:stupid:

My dad was a ski racing coach for over 20 years and I raced a bit as a kid so my family watches all the skiing events (and some snowboarding too). In fact, I'll watch about pretty much any Winter Olympics event as long as it's not figure skating.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
What kills me is after all that, skiing has ripped off practically everything from snowboarding, from attire to tricks. Hell even skis now are just narrow little snowboards.
Actually Libtech sells skis under the label "NAS", narrow ass skis.:D

Everytime someone starts talking about "the carving revolution" I point out that this was basically just ripped off snowboards. It actually wasn't anything new anymore. Rocker technology is the same.
But nobody ever says: "We adapted this technology from snowboards because it makes turning better or lets the skis float easier in pow."
I feel like snowboarding doesn't get the recognition which it deserves regarding innovation and style, atleast here in europe.

Snowboarding was added to the Olympics under the FIS regime just because skiing was bleeding out of spectators, whereas snowboarding got bigger and bigger at that time.
Hell, in Torino the Halfpipe contest was the event that sold out the quickest. And I am sure all the other Freestyle events are equally popular. Otherwise they wouldn't have been added.
But whatever.

I just don't like that a few fat guys from good ol' Switzerland are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money for giving a city or country the "rights" to hold a sports festival.
And I find it a bit silly that there is so much politics and let's call it "Patriotism" involved, yet the athlete is not allowed to represent his opinion, culture, sponsors, whatever. Especially when we talk about a highly individualistic and "anti-establishment" sport that mostly gets supported by the industry behind it.

That's why I think that Skateboarding and BMX shouldn't make the same error as Snowboarding.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Didn't snowboarding rip everything off of skateboarding which was a rip off of surfing which is basically a canoe that can't be swamped?

Last edited: