Quantcast

I am selling my SWD

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I do but I got a good offer from another company I could not pass. =]

I just need to sell this bad boy. It has a new Sunline headset too.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am interested, only thing is I am mostly interested in the frame. I am a starving student with a minimal budget. How much do you want for the whole thing?
I feel you on that. I am thinking $2,500 to someone local. I mean, this bike has some pretty good components and some one of a kind work done to it.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Pretty sweet bike man.

I've seen this thing in person and its pretty schweet there as well.

PS- If you decide you can sell the fork/frame, I'll but the stans sealant in the wheels off you.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Ya, I was just noticing that too... and the wheelbase looks short. Josh- you sure you resized your pic right? it looks a lot different in real life.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Why does your fork decal say it has 230mm travel? Is that a typo that's supposed to read 203mm, or is it some special 40 with 9" travel?....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
bump it. now i for sure need to sell it to help pay some medical bills. I dislocated my shoulder pretty bad AGAIN yesterday just swimming across a pool. ****!

Hey Josh, who's doing your surgery? I'm going with Dr. Kao over at S.O.A.R. in January. I got referred to him by Warren Scott. Also wondering who you're going to work with for re-hab/PT? Rod over at VibrantCare on Ocean St. is "The Man." He does ALOT of work for quite a few MLB pitching staffs. He got my right shoulder injury from two years ago back to over 90% - really good guy.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys. Hopefully things will heal quickly.

Dr. Welle is going to be doing my surgery. As for PT I have been going to the sports PT off of Soquel. The surgery is going to be Arthroscopic so it wont be too invasive unless things are really messed up in there. They said I most likely have a torn labrum and a stretched capsule. They are going to be drilling/attaching anchors into my bones that will hold permanent sutures that pull everything tight and hold them into place. Thankfully its an out-patient surgery so I should be out of there in a couple hours. I am taking all of next week off of work. I will look into the VibrantCare place and see if I am covered insurance wise there. =]

Welle? Hmmm...he was the first guy I saw after I separated my AC. I wasn't overly impressed with my experience when I saw him for a consult, but I have heard good things about his surgical ability.

Is the PT place you have scoped out behind the Harley dealer? If so, do EVERYTHING you can to avoid that place. I mean run! They suck the big wank. Been there done that...if your insurance covers that place, they should cover the folks over at VibrantCare.

I'll be having arthroscopic as well. Labral (labrum), suprispinata, bone spur and a crap load of other stuff taken care of. Even with all that, if I really work hard on the follow up PT, doc says no more than 3 months to be back to 90%+.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Is the PT place you have scoped out behind the Harley dealer? If so, do EVERYTHING you can to avoid that place. I mean run! They suck the big wank. Been there done that...if your insurance covers that place, they should cover the folks over at VibrantCare.
Dude why didn't you tell me that when I dislocated my shoulder at Whistler last year? :) I went there for PT afterward, and they didn't seem that bad, but then again it was pretty basic stuff and they were pretty much just showing me exercises to do at home.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys, just got an update from the doctor. I have 3 months of physical therapy ahead of me. The first 6 weeks is to get my range of movement back and the 2nd set of 6 weeks is for strength building.

I am going to take this opportunity to bump my bike for sale. Selling the complete bike for $2,100. If anyone knows someone who is looking for a nice build on a custom/unique/rad downhill bike, let them know about this. I really actually have to sell it now to help pay for my surgery/doctor/physical therapy bills.

Dont worry, I will be back and I am not done with riding. Me not having a bike will be temporary. I will be back and crashing a lot just in time for next racing season. For now, I am going to work on my Halo 3 skills, getting fat, and getting my shoulder back to usable.