Quantcast

if Its July 10th then I have been sober for 30 years

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
So.... You quit drinking right about the time I was getting ready to go to kindergarten. Hope that doesn't make you feel old or anything. :D

On a serious note, I've watched friends struggle with it for years, and its just about ruined a couple of their lives. I'm proud that you've been able to stay sober all this time, and hope that you can stick around to celebrate it again in another 30 years.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
better to have reached sober oldfartdom than to have died long ago

oh and to you younguns. don't laugh too hard, I slept around quite a bit with married and single women back then, I could be your dad...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
AA? gag me

nothing but a bunch of cigarette smoking whiney bitches looking for a new crutch instead of standing on their own two feet. higher power my patooee

To paraphrase the late great Groucho Marx: I would never join any organization that would have me as a member

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
oh and to you younguns. don't laugh too hard, I slept around quite a bit with married and single women back then, I could be your dad...
should we be impressed? Bragging about getting laid and sleeping around is almost as cool as bragging about being sober or drunk for that matter

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
should we be impressed? Bragging about getting laid and sleeping around is almost as cool as bragging about being sober or drunk for that matter

Um... Dunno about you, but it didn't seem like a "brag" to me. More like a STFU. I applaud Eric on his achievement.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Um... Dunno about you, but it didn't seem like a "brag" to me. More like a STFU. I applaud Eric on his achievement.
well, however you want to put it. Congrats on his accomplishment of not drinking alcohol for 30 years, I haven't eaten liver in 30 years, can I have a cookie too?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
well, however you want to put it. Congrats on his accomplishment of not drinking alcohol for 30 years, I haven't eaten liver in 30 years, can I have a cookie too?
If after eating too much liver you woke up in fountain outside a Howard Johnson's with a pant-load of **** that wasn't yours.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
let the neg rep barrage begin!
:stupid:

Is it really necessary to be such a douche bag? Overcoming an addiction is something most people consider a pretty damn big accomplishment, and will remain a life long struggle for the person in question. Hell, I can’t even kick my caffeine habit, thank the FSM I’ve never had an addiction to something that can kill me or destroy my family. :think: