Quantcast

Inflation Sux

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Big reason why I still have 5 year old Maxxis that have probably dry rotted to 120 durometer.

The other being if you don't ride, they don't wear out. Saving myself money here.
I had a maxxis minion last 8 years or something ridiculous. It was a rear, but I was impressed! It was also on a hardtail, so in reality, how in contact with the ground was it ever really.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Do you drive one of those mentioned vehicles though?

For the population of Ontario, car thefts are out of control. Some people have their car stolen, recovered and then stolen again.

Lots destined for Africa..
No, I'm saying that it's startling that there's a surcharge which could double your insurance rate just because you drive a Highlander instead of an Outback. If it were just Range Rovers and such on there, then whatever. But $500/year extra just to drive a CR-V? Yikes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No, I'm saying that it's startling that there's a surcharge which could double your insurance rate just because you drive a Highlander instead of an Outback. If it were just Range Rovers and such on there, then whatever. But $500/year extra just to drive a CR-V? Yikes.
I guess in the grand scheme of things, it might be based purely on luck and circumstance if you own one of those vehicles and are the victim of theft.

But when you read about how easy it is for them to be stolen, the surcharge kind of makes sense. The car could easily be stolen at any place and at any time.

"A car is stolen every six minutes in Canada"

The police are handing out faraday bags in certain areas for free.

Really, it should be a trigger for people to not buy those cars and some incentive for the manufacturers to protect their shit a little (MUCH) better. :think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
IMG_1604.jpg

Same bag of Funyuns was 25 cents and 4/$ not too long ago. Trump was right. First they come for your Funyuns. Jeez....

Last edited: