Quantcast

***Insomnia Saturday***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I too did not sleep well or much at all. I was up at 4am, apparently I had to poop.

Ride #1 is planned for 10am. Probably a long mellow ride. Then ride #2 is planned afterwards at my "home" trails. Moar climbing, moar descending and moar rowdy. I'll try to slip a nap in between somewhere, or maybe just stop half way through ride #2 and take a nap in the grass by the pond.

The weather here is pretty much perfect. It is pretty much mid-august conditions out there.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DH at Keystone on the agenda. Visibility currently about 70 yards with the low cloud outside though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. I'm at NIagara Falls for a half ironman tomorrow. 9 hours of sleep last night was more than I got during my entire three day trip to Williamsburg for my last 70.3. Gonna be a good weekend.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I had plenty of somnia but the little one was ready to party at 4am. Took advantage of the early start to clean all the kid-related BS out of the garage and will get it set up as the truck parking/bike workshop/man cave it should be. This afternoon gunning for the first bike ride in 2 weeks...cannot wait.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
why is it when you have a full slate of projects planned for the day the wife always starts heaping tons of other stuff she wants you to get done on top of the stuff you are already doing and wants to discuss it before any coffee is consumed?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
why is it when you have a full slate of projects planned for the day the wife always starts heaping tons of other stuff she wants you to get done on top of the stuff you are already doing and wants to discuss it before any coffee is consumed?
And that's why the Lord the merciful blessed the 4% of us and made them gay, and then chose another 0.00001% of us and made them Full Trucker.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no ones fault but your own for getting married.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i have a "no speaking to me before coffee" rule.

running around doing fam stuff. about to do a neighborhood spin with the 7yo...hoping for a group ride in the other pisgah tomorrow. weather's been effing gorgeous this week. drinking a sculpin with my lunch. yup.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
swervedriver......last night....quite possibly the best i have ever seen them.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just threw fresh snowballs at the wife on top of Loveland Pass.

Now waiting for the lift to open at Keystone...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The weekend turned beautiful and mild after a rainy week. Found out I did not win a big pitch but I knew from the beginning it would be difficult. However just because we lost round one does not mean we can't win round two.

Gardening again today. A lot of work getting this old garden to where it needs to be after years of neglect. Removed dead wines from a tree they had tried to kill, picked apples, trimmed the tree and picked berries for homemade juice concentrate and finished off mowing the lawn and removing weeds. Full workout :)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Aggravated an ankle injury at horsetooth yesterday. Also bent another pedal spindle. Funnily the bent spindle and hurt ankle are not on the same side.

Laying low today, may try to find a set of pedals.

50' of conduit trench completed, including burrowing under an 8" schedule 40 culvert which runs at a shallow angle to the yet-to-be-installed conduit. Lots of small rocks - the drive's paved with about a foot of bank run with four inches or so of crushed dolomite over that, and a layer of road fabric just to keep things interesting.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hello. I'm at NIagara Falls for a half ironman tomorrow. 9 hours of sleep last night was more than I got during my entire three day trip to Williamsburg for my last 70.3. Gonna be a good weekend.
After your race head to Viollas on Military road and order a double double with everything. You will thank me for it..... Hacienda on Pine for Pizza is good also, but the neighborhood is really sketchy.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Keystone got some fresh today, no?
There was a dusting at Keystone too. All melted by this afternoon.

Had a great day at Keystone, wife was killing it and happily riding all the black diamonds with me.

@Nick ran into Jeff, Claire and Dave (beard?). A shame you couldn't make it.

No DH next weekend, but wife and I are aiming to be at Trestle the following for their last weekend.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My wife is out of town for a weekend away.

Before she left, she promised a friend that "we" could watch their kids overnight so they could go to a concert.

I am definitely keeping score.

I will be having negronis.

On a more bike related note, I am ashamed to admit that I brought my bike to the shop thinking I needed to have the hanger re-aligned. Turned out the derailleur was just loose... Doy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day of trails ended like this:

While three of us were gearing up and using the mobile bong shed before the first ride, this random guys rolls up from out of nowhere and literally said "hi I'm Mike and I'll ride with you guys". Weird and random, he was in full lycra and didn't stop talking the entire ride about climbing and crap. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I think I'm gonna get a '18 Trance Advanced 1... it just felt sorta right when I rode it today. I should probably demo one and take it on an actual trail, though, eh?

Can't find any glaring problems, other than the hideous color.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tents setup. Firewood chopped. Fire started. Spectrum app works good. Meatloaf all made. Potatoes boiled, corn next. Green bean casserole on tap. Port wine cheddar on triscuits. Pickles, Ham, Cheeses, and Salami.... Moar Saranac Porter... Forgot butter but the neighbors came through. Sharing our corn with them. They take a whole stick of butter put it on a plate and roll the corn in it. Fucking awesome way to do it....

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I think I'm gonna get a '18 Trance Advanced 1... it just felt sorta right when I rode it today. I should probably demo one and take it on an actual trail, though, eh?

Can't find any glaring problems, other than the hideous color.

guy i know who has one loves it. it seems to blast through blown out stuff pretty well.