Quantcast

***Is this the Monday GMT?***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Driving 2.5 hours south to see the eclipse.

Chances of clouds at that time seem to be 50/50. Fingers crossed.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I bought some fancy eclipse safety glasses at the grocery store for $2.50. We're the in the 94% range.

On another note, it looks like the neighborhood bears were out hunting garbage this morning. There were bins knocked over and trash everywhere lmao. Glad I got a bear-proof bin!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
May the very sky crack open and rain nameless horrors upon us for eternity.

Eclipses are feeling played out at this point. The president doesn't even look at them.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

OG GMT 4 life!

Pulled hundreds of feet of oriental bittersweet yesterday and only had to remove 4 small trees + a large branch. The war against invasive species continues!

Going to start burning today, I need to clear brush out in advance of the tree crew coming.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Power sitrep.

Still nothing since 13:19 on Saturday.
Still nearly 1000 outages impacting 55k customers listed on the power company website.

I blame IAB

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hola Gingerbread man

At least I only have a 3 day work week to deal with. Heading out Wednesday afternoon with Ruth to be her schlep at a horse competition near Sacramento

I'd still rather be up at the lake vs getting ready to go to work

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Girlfriend thinks I'm dead inside since showing no interest in the eclipse.

Might setup the pixel spy phone for a time lapse.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Low key weekend. Buddy flew his wife and 2 kids to Texas for the eclipse. She asked if he was a nerd, I reminded her he has an Etsy store that sells Star Wars cosplay items he 3D prints. :rofl:

170821-trump-eclipse-348p-rs.jpeg

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The little-known insurance company that rescued Donald Trump by providing a last-minute $175 million bank fraud bond isn’t just unlicensed in New York; it hasn’t even been vetted by a voluntary state entity that would verify it meets minimum “eligibility standards” to prove financial stability.

Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Girlfriend thinks I'm dead inside since showing no interest in the eclipse.

Might setup the pixel spy phone for a time lapse.
:stupid:

An eclipse is novel, but not spend exorbitant amounts of time and money traveling to see sorts of cool. But hey, that's just me, I've seen enough eclipses already to satisfy my need to see any more.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for you sun gazers...

according to someone....

Screenshot_20240408_102415_Threads.jpg

i won't be awake for it....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The little-known insurance company that rescued Donald Trump by providing a last-minute $175 million bank fraud bond isn’t just unlicensed in New York; it hasn’t even been vetted by a voluntary state entity that would verify it meets minimum “eligibility standards” to prove financial stability.

Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts
PAWN it newb.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the boss flew to Germany for exhibition and set up our system for use in a demo. Turns out the Profinet feature we haven't tested doesn't work. So they have secrets connections to the switches so the lights blink and it looks like it's working.

He is bringing me a Profinet device home so we can fix it and test it before we have a customer try and buy it.