Quantcast

Israel/Palestine

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Sorry,I get them mixed up? Fuckin can’t have opinion this day and age without being scum of the earth. Ark Senator and E.Warren with just terrible opinion’s on what should be done. This Topic is Powerful and Scary and must be able to have a back and fourth speaking civilly. Avy just made that word up? Sorry Brother.

Avy

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
At the beginning of all this (by that I mean two weeks ago, when Hamas launched their operation), everyone was wondering why the fuck did they do that, why poke the bear. I wonder if their purpose was to provoke the Israeli government to overreact, and force the international community to look closely at what is going on. Hoping that public opinion will shift. I wonder if it will work.
It has shifted my opinion.
Normally, I´d support Israel right to defense... but the last 2 weeks have been insane.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I drive around most of my days now, and listen to NPR . . . take that as you will. They have been having no stop coverage of this shit show. The justification for the no stop bombing of Gaza is complete bull shit. . . and our (USA) justification of supporting Israel is just about as equally bull shit. . .
I am a descendent of Jewish people that ran from the shit show in Germany, the holocaust was bad, really bad. However bombing churches, hospitals, apartment buildings to "get the leaders" is so fucked up.

Since we decided that Muslims are terrorist's in 2001 4.5+million estimated folks have died in the middle east, how many more need to die?? Fucking sick of this shit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

“It is important to separate people and governments. No government is beyond criticism. The idea that criticizing the government of Israel is antisemitic sets a very dangerous precedent, and it’s been used to silence diverse voices speaking up for human rights across our nation,” she said.

She grew emotional and had trouble speaking after she said, “I can’t believe I have to say this, but Palestinian people are not disposable.”

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Doing my part here to help Global Peace, I have put Gal Godot on warning that she won’t be my Avatar EVER AGAIN until Israel figures out their shit.
Or until the sex tape gets leaked.
Whichever is first.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
latest things I read:

- some of the shells at the bombed hospital did turn out to be Israeli
- Hamas was apparently using another (?) hospital (saw photos of an MRI waiting room with weapons) as a command center. the worst kind of use of human/patient shields.

so still a war with no good guys.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
latest things I read:

- Hamas was apparently using another (?) hospital (saw photos of an MRI waiting room with weapons) as a command center. the worst kind of use of human/patient shields.

The Worst vs Worst*.99

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
what is it about this generation of the term 'human shields' makes you think this is any more believable than when we used it in Iraq?

it's a way to justify killing civilians and always has been

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
what is it about this generation of the term 'human shields' makes you think this is any more believable than when we used it in Iraq?

it's a way to justify killing civilians and always has been

The people IMHO are not fooled or going for this War like they have been in past Wars.

Avy

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
latest things I read:

At this point I do not believe anything that the IDF says. . . suuuuuure they found weapons right by the MRI machine how convenient. They are playing the game exactly how it was projected they would. "we told them to leave so anyone that is left behind it a TERRORIST, aaaaand there are guns here seeeeee" They are committing war crimes and admitting them on national broadcast, yet still brown Muslims are bad, must kill all. JFC.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
At this point I do not believe anything that the IDF says. . . suuuuuure they found weapons right by the MRI machine how convenient. They are playing the game exactly how it was projected they would. "we told them to leave so anyone that is left behind it a TERRORIST, aaaaand there are guns here seeeeee" They are committing war crimes and admitting them on national broadcast, yet still brown Muslims are bad, must kill all. JFC.

ask toshi what happens to steel in the vicinity of MRI machines

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
No. The goal is money and power. You, the israelis, palestinians, me, everyone are just the means to that end.

Not saying that there is some nefarious cabal running the world, but the politico-economic system that we are in requires conflict to function.

To put it another way, if senators, MPs, CEOs, union presidents, bank heads, religious elders, etc. were sent to the front lines instead of our kids, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I don't think it is principally money and power in this case. There are really no resources to be gained by taking over 'Palestine', just a burden of a ravaged population.
Not to say there aren't war profiteers, but I honestly don't think this is so simple. To say retribution and revenge aren't playing a role here is beyond naive, respectfully.
(I am sitting in my Mother in Law's kitchen, where she has shabbat services being zoomed, I know how they are taking this).
I put headphones on to listen to Jason Isbell.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don't think it is principally money and power in this case. There are really no resources to be gained by taking over 'Palestine', just a burden of a ravaged population.
Not to say there aren't war profiteers, but I honestly don't think this is so simple. To say retribution and revenge aren't playing a role here is beyond naive, respectfully.
(I am sitting in my Mother in Law's kitchen, where she has shabbat services being zoomed, I know how they are taking this).
I put headphones on to listen to Jason Isbell.
Israel has the resources of land to gain from taking over Gaza. They have been expanding their territory in the West Bank for a long time. And from the looks of things they don’t seem to give a shit about the fate of 2 million Palestinian civilians.

Edit: not picking a side, just observing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
True, but a LOT of that land has limited resource value. But I do agree, occupation is a goal. Maybe we should reflect on historical examples of colonization, though, white people certainly made it work for them all over the globe. :p