Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

I don't really get what's going on here... I looked at the comments, but they're no help. Is the Border Patrol allowed to stop you? Are you allowed to refuse inspection on the grounds of no reasonable cause? Or did the officers just give up when faced with stupid?
They set up checkpoints way away from the border, but you are not legally required to tell them jack squat, and you are not required to allow them to perform search or inspection absent a warrant.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They set up checkpoints way away from the border, but you are not legally required to tell them jack squat, and you are not required to allow them to perform search or inspection absent a warrant.
Interesting. That's weird. I got caught up in one a few years ago on Hwy 11 in upstate NY. I was with my wife and kids and they had set up a road block. they basically looked in the car and waved us through. didn't even ask any questions... I thought they had the authority to stop and inspect...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Interesting. That's weird. I got caught up in one a few years ago on Hwy 11 in upstate NY. I was with my wife and kids and they had set up a road block. they basically looked in the car and waved us through. didn't even ask any questions... I thought they had the authority to stop and inspect...
Buddy and I got stopped on our motorcycles outside of Blythe CA coming back from San Diego a couple years back. Was hot as the 9th ring of hell and I was super not stoked about losing the 75mph breeze. Got looked at just long enough to determine = white (and on a german bike) and was waved through. Complete horseshit.