Quantcast

It's always Florida...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
holy shit, i am so glad this thread exists. a couple of co-workers and myself have a running 'florida theory'; basically all the crazy, unbelievable stuff goes down in Florida. We dont know what started it, nor do we care, it makes for some awesome reading!

http://stuppid.com/florida-man-cash-360-billion/

I’m 10% Italian. Cooking authentic Italian food is in my blood. I had planned to make the restaurant 80 million sq. feet and able to accommodated (sic) 30 million eaters at once, plus it was gonna be totally underwater so people could look at sharks while they ate.
Definitely my team.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^
since when is a story about somene getting wet a bad thing....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2015/10/woman_glues_eyes_shut_florida.html

She would be best advised not to carry a gun and an inhaler in her purse.
Several years ago when it was still popular among hipsters to ride brakeless fixies around here, one had crashed in front of the studio and split his eyebrow open. I looked at it for him and told him he needed a couple of sutures. He said he didn't have health insurance. I thought about telling him about the super glue trick but didn't think he was smart enough to do it without getting it in his eye.

Oh, and he said the reason he crashed was because his stem was the wrong length. Couldn't have had anything to do with the lack of brakes. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Several years ago when it was still popular among hipsters to ride brakeless fixies around here, one had crashed in front of the studio and split his eyebrow open. I looked at it for him and told him he needed a couple of sutures. He said he didn't have health insurance. I thought about telling him about the super glue trick but didn't think he was smart enough to do it without getting it in his eye.

Oh, and he said the reason he crashed was because his stem was the wrong length. Couldn't have had anything to do with the lack of brakes. :think:
When in grad school a prof was giving me a safety lecture so I could use the 3-D printer lab. Heady stuff like don't inhale sand. I kind of sighed and explained to him that I had worked in foundries, nuclear fuel facilities, and managed to survive unscathed using common sense.

He chuckled and told me some of the stupid shit students did. The best one was a kid who super glued his fingers to his eyelids.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Such the helper Monkee!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Well, you missed your opportunity. Supergluing it shut without first aggressively washing it for 30 min like they do at the ER is a great way to get an infection and encourage the growth of bacteria.