Quantcast

-=- It's Friday Friday GMT on Friday -=-

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Friday! Yay. This weekend will include, but not limited to, the following: grill, beer, hammers, lawnmower, bike, helmet, stapler, weedeater, lawn chair, hammock.

Have a safe one, Monkies!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Waiting for the press to finish making my coffee delicious. Went into school for a while yesterday to get some things setup and taken care of then headed to the local trails to give the IMBA trail building reps a tour. It was a gorgeous day, temps in the 70 and a nice wind to keep the bugs down.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Long road ride in a few then heading to the grand opening of Denver Beer Co, then to the Pepsi Center to shoot the Josh Grobin show. THANKFULLY I have good earplugs and this shoot pays well!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Long road ride in a few then heading to the grand opening of Denver Beer Co, then to the Pepsi Center to shoot the Josh Grobin show. THANKFULLY I have good earplugs and this shoot pays well!
Nice gig! Groban has a beautiful voice and is a great musician! Sorry you won't enjoy his music while you're there. (music teacher steps down from her soapbox)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think my brother will be killing the buy delivering his compressor today.

should be fun to watch.

pricing plastic sheeting.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Nice gig! Groban has a beautiful voice and is a great musician! Sorry you won't enjoy his music while you're there. (music teacher steps down from her soapbox)
He definitely has a great voice, I am just not sure that I can take a whole show. I might change my mind after tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm on vacation. Slept 10 hours last night, had half a pot of coffee this morning, it's sunny and 75 now and we're heading out for a road ride now with planned ice cream stops. Eff work.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I'm on vacation. Slept 10 hours last night, had half a pot of coffee this morning, it's sunny and 75 now and we're heading out for a road ride now with planned ice cream stops. Eff work.
I would rep you, sir, if I could. Nicely played.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
moving a bit slow this morning. I guess I'm feeling the effects of bulling a 400# person in a wheel chair up a short flight of steps yesterday afternoon. nothing a cup of coffee and two ibuprofen cant fix. It's an office day for me, Have an interview with a prospective new employee at 9:30, followed by a trainging session on the new CAD software, followed by dealing with a service vendor.

I get to spend the weekend living out of my camper out at a ranch by the Lawrence Livermore Nationial Laboratory doing the onsite EMT gig for a horse show.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
gas tanks full on the boat and ready for the weekend, i predict wake jumping, tubing and lots of full throttle shenanigans.
Man you guys have all the fun. Although, hard road ride + dairy =/= fun in my book.

two ibuprofen
TWO?...tut tut

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sent all my passport info for the trip to Italy, Monaco, and France.....looks like I'm going.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
went into the city last night, met up with woody at gingerman (~90 beers on tap). beers were drank. good times. also i now own carbon wheels, i'm curious to find out what all this hullabaloo is about.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Carbon wheels tell us more?
got 'em to use since i'm rebuilding my yeti arc hardtail back up. woody had picked them up at interbike from a taiwanese composites company (so house branded wheels), but he/his gf were sketched by their super lightness. they were ridden like 2 or 3 times on road only. figure i'll try 'em out.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Had my first drink since my accident, one year ago. Last night, I sat down with a glass of absinthe and let Nosferatu roll on the TV. I slept like a rock baby, my best sleep all year. It is a good morning.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
T-minus one week before becoming an unemployed bum.
Come to Whistler. I'll stalk you.

I know where to rent DH bikes cheap...

Oh, and I went for an awesome pedally ride after work yesterday. About a 5km climb, followed by a descent through a fairly fresh and loamy descent with much whooping, hooting and hollering. I even stayed on the bike for most of the way down. Bonus.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
AutoCAD and bikes today. Heading down to my cousin's to teach him basic maintenance on his new WRX and getting in a 20mile trail ride Sunday at Annandale.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Happy Fun Friday!

Half day for me! Going to take the dogs for a trail ride first, then pick up 4 year old from pre school and take him on a baby single track trail. He's lovin' it! We've got some great ones that aren't very hilly just around the corner from the house.

Feeling good after not drinking for a few nights, guess I can keep this up for a little while longer. The goal is to make it until we go to Whistler for our anniversary Sept 9.

Also, got hooked on some dumb phone game called Paradise Island. Like Sims (I guess, I never played that), but on an island. It's a nice little way to pass the time when there's nothing to do at work I guess!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
got 'em to use since i'm rebuilding my yeti arc hardtail back up. woody had picked them up at interbike from a taiwanese composites company (so house branded wheels), but he/his gf were sketched by their super lightness. they were ridden like 2 or 3 times on road only. figure i'll try 'em out.

Dude, this bummed me out.....I really, really thought your FB post last night was about Wang Chung. I got all 80's nostalgic and everything. :(

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Screw the "baby" singletrack! Kessel Run, baby... KESSEL RUN!! :cool:

Ha! Ok ok, I guess I could take him to Silkworm or something! He's good on the road, I'm just being a total mommy about taking him on anything hard!

*edit* just looked up pics of Kessel Run, looks gorgeous!