Quantcast

Jersey Ordering

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ok folks, here’s the jersey. (ignore the full-length zipper on the DH jersey)

The deadline for orders is Wednesday April 20th.

The XC jerseys are $58 and the DH are $55 + tax and s/h

Shipping/Handling
Shipping will be USPS Priority Mail. 1-2 jerseys is $3.85, 3-4 jerseys is $7.70. Shipping will also include a percentage of the fees from the factory to me. “Handling” in this case is the @$#%! PayPal fee.

edit- I should add that shipping charges outside of the US will be calculated on a case-by-case basis.

DC area: we may be able to arrange a pickup, my new digs are within riding distance of Accotink.

Tax
Tax is to be determined. Verge taxes the order total so I should be able to find out the tax due soon after submitting the order.

I’m guessing with everything, we’re looking at about $70 total per jersey. If we get more than 50 orders for either jersey, the price of that jersey drops to $50 for XC or $47 for DH +tax and s/h. Because we are ordering 2 different types of jerseys, the quantity price break on one does not apply to the other.

The default for the XC jersey is Club Cut. A Women’s Cut or Racer Cut is available, but Verge requires a minimum of 6 orders to deliver a different cut. If we don’t get at least 6, you get a Club Cut.

The default for the DH is a crew neck. If want a 7” zipper tell me when you order. DH jerseys with a zipper are $58. If I get at least 6 orders for jerseys with zippers, you’ll get them.

To order, email me:
Name
RM Screen name
Quantity
Style (XC or DH)
Size
Email address

You also need to PayPal a $35 deposit per jersey ordered
My Email/PayPal address is voodoo7189@yahoo.com

If we meet the minimum order (25) by April 20th, jerseys should be delivered to me by June 10. At that time I'll notify everyone of the balance due. As soon as I get that, I'll put them in the mail to you.

The deposit is non-refundable except if we don't get enough orders and I decide to scrap the whole thing. If you bail on your order, I’m stuck paying for the jersey. If I can sell your jersey later, your deposit goes toward site-related expenses.

Sizes
XC jerseys are available in XS-3XL
Race cut is designed to fit closely to both men and women with a slim and trim physique.
Club cut is a more relaxed fit for serious riders that don’t have the slim physique of a pro racer.
Women’s cut specifically fits women’s contours. Slimmer women may prefer the race cut and women with a larger frame may prefer the club cut.

DH Jerseys are available in Youth S- L and Adult Small-2XL
Fit is similar to a T-shirt

I’m 5’8”, 155 lbs, and wear a 38 jacket. The medium XC jersey fits me perfectly. The medium DH fits perfect too, but if I were going to wear armor I’d probably order a Large.

BikeGeek said:
Sizes
XC jerseys are available in XS-3XL
Race cut is designed to fit closely to both men and women with a slim and trim physique.
Club cut is a more relaxed fit for serious riders that don’t have the slim physique of a pro racer.
Women’s cut specifically fits women’s contours. Slimmer women may prefer the race cut and women with a larger frame may prefer the club cut.
We need at least 5 of the women's cut to be able to order those right BG?

SO COME ON LADIES - Help me out :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Looks good! I'll get some info to you shortly. Out of curiousity though, why was just "Ridemonkey" used instead of "Ridemonkey.com"?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Looks good! I'll get some info to you shortly. Out of curiousity though, why was just "Ridemonkey" used instead of "Ridemonkey.com"?

maybe theres a ridemonkey.com on the sleaves.......the sleaves look like the sticker

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
the Inbred said:
damn, whoever did the design deserves a pat on the back. that is great.
I wish I could take credit for it all, but it's actually the product of my buddy Will (Illustrator guru) and me with a pinch of flavor from a jersey Full Trucker sent me.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
S.n.a.k.e. said:
My hopes are as high as the audience at a phish show...
I resemble that remark. :evil:

Email/deposit will be sent momentarily... Question first. I've never ordered a DH jersey, but I wear a Lg. in XC's. Should I order an XL in the DH jersey so I can fit my armor under it? Thanks.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
McGRP01 said:
I resemble that remark. :evil:

Email/deposit will be sent momentarily... Question first. I've never ordered a DH jersey, but I wear a Lg. in XC's. Should I order an XL in the DH jersey so I can fit my armor under it? Thanks.
The DH jersey is actually what Verge calls their BMX jersey. The sizes run a little bigger than a T-shirt. The medium jersey fit me like I like my t-shirts to fit, but might have been a bit snug with armor under it. So, I guess you might want to go a size up.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Awesome job - love the design, and the prices are pretty reasonable. Thanks for all your work on this. I'll be moving money to my paypal account shortly, so you should have a deposit sometime next week from me.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
You can have paypal get the money from a credit card account. That's one of the main reasons paypal made it so big is because anyone can pay anyone else with credit... whereas in the past usually only businesses had the ability to accept credit card payments.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Echo said:
You can have paypal get the money from a credit card account. That's one of the main reasons paypal made it so big is because anyone can pay anyone else with credit... whereas in the past usually only businesses had the ability to accept credit card payments.
Doesn't Paypal charge a 2.9% fee or something if you use a credit card? If so, this might be something BG needs to consider.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Thanks everyone.

Regarding credit cards, PayPal is the only way I can accept them. They charge me 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction regardless if it's a credit or debit card or account transfer. All the fees are rolled in to the price.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
jacksonpt said:
How many deposits do you have? Just wondering how close you are to the magical 50 mark when the price drops.
Yeah, no doubt. If you get remotely close ~47 ~48 ~49, let us know. I'm sure a few people might splurge for an extra jersey if it lowered the price for everyone.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
pigboy said:
paypal is barfing on my credit cards at the moment. i gotta wipe em off and figure out what's up.

should be sorted out by end of day Monday.

woot!

pigboy :oink:

paypal has stopped barfing on my card. deposit is in.

ducklings are hatching on the farm. life is good.

pigboy
:thumb:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'll post up the latest count when I get back to my office tomorrow. I'm stuck at home unpacking soggy boxes from this weekend's move. :dead: