Quantcast

Jersey Ordering

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
BikeGeek said:
Unfortunately, we're not even close. I only have 29 (20 xc, 9 dh) orders with a deposit.
Well, that means I will have 1 of 9 RM DH jerseys in the WORLD!!!! muhahahahaha.

Someday it will be worth (best Dr. Evil voice) "millions"....

Millions of what, who knows....

Yea!!! more jersey.

Peace,

Marc

J

JRB

What's the status on the ladies' cut??? I want a large ladies' or a medium men's for Julie. Working on availability before I place my order. Too lazy to PM.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
are the xc jerseys race cut or club cut?
we will try & get our order together by this weekend.
BTW, nice job. :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sent my e-mail and deposit. One more DH jersey ordered! We could start our own gang like The Warriors!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Echo said:
What a bunch of posers we have here. I would have thought there would be way more orders than that.
We met the minimum order and that was my biggest concern. I didn't want to lose my $100 deposit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
We met the minimum order and that was my biggest concern. I didn't want to lose my $100 deposit.
It's funny because I bet if we met the 50 order number we would have all kinds of people ordering jerseys. It's $70 for a jersey which is a lot.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stosh said:
It's funny because I bet if we met the 50 order number we would have all kinds of people ordering jerseys. It's $70 for a jersey which is a lot.
how about those who order (and pay for :nuts: ) jerseys get this coveted "premium member" dealie since RM hasn't quite said what that $20 would go to anyway? heh :eviltongu

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
I know. I did everything I could to get the price down. $70 is an estimate because there are still 2 unknowns: shipping from the factory to me, and tax on the order total. I'm almost certain it will come in a little under $70.

For the record, I'm making nothing on this. Maybe a couple of cents here and there because of way I have to calculate the paypal fee so I know how much to ask each person to send.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Toshi said:
how about those who order (and pay for :nuts: ) jerseys get this coveted "premium member" dealie since RM hasn't quite said what that $20 would go to anyway? heh :eviltongu
That's between you and RM. The jersey's were my idea with RM's blessing, but aren't a fundraiser for RM. See my last post.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
I know. I did everything I could to get the price down. $70 is an estimate because there are still 2 unknowns: shipping from the factory to me, and tax on the order total. I'm almost certain it will come in a little under $70.

For the record, I'm making nothing on this. Maybe a couple of cents here and there because of way I have to calculate the paypal fee so I know how much to ask each person to send.
I'm not saying it's a bad deal. I f'ing love RM so of course I would buy one almost regardless of cost. However some people who are only part timers may not want to spend all the money. no biggie and I'm sure it will be cheaper. Plus it's nice we don't have to shell out all the money at one time.

you did good BG. I'm not bagging on anything.
I'm f'ing happy you did it.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
I'm not bagging on anything.
Oh, I know. I just wish I could have offered them cheaper. I've never spent this much on a jersey, and I knew a lot of people wouldn't want to. My original plan was to buy enough to get to the price break and then sell from my stock, but with the new house and a baby on the way, money got real tight real fast and this was the only way I could get it done.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Okay man. I've seen a few jersey orders go through on here and know a couple of my buds have put in orders directly to you, BG.

Any way you can give us a running tally as we go through to the final day of ordering? We've got to be getting close to 50. I would think when we hit that a bunch more people will order.

Actually, it's RM,...probably not.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
As of 3:30pm EDT, 27 XC and 15 DH for a total of 42 jerseys.

However, like I said in my first post, because we are ordering 2 different types of jerseys, the quantity price break on one does not apply to the other. That means we need 50 XC jerseys to get the price break on XC jerseys, and 50 DH jerseys to get the price break on DH jerseys. This isn't unique to Verge, every company I looked at had a similar policy. :(

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I Are Baboon said:
42 isn't a bad amount though. Even on the original thread in which you were just gauging interest, it did not look like you'd hit 50 of one kind.
Honestly, 42 is better than I expected. There were a lot of tentative responses to the poll. "If I like the design...if it's not too expensive...," etc. I'm just happy to have met the minimum and not lost my deposit. :)

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Hoping it's not to late for us West Coasters.
Just sent ya 40 bones for a DH XL.
[I pay the additional 30 when you get them ... correct?]

Thanks again. Now everyone on the hill will know what a dork I am. :thumb: