Quantcast

jimmy eat world

J

JRB

I was listening to praise chorus on XM this morning and wondered if the other tunes are worth buying a cd for. I kind of dig it.

J

JRB

Forphuckinggive me for not knowing schit about these guys. Jackasses. So is the cd not good or what???

J

JRB

Let me know what the niece says. I heard the same song tonight and didn't enjoy it too much. Don't know if it's the nags here or it bugged me to hear it twice. Won't be buying that cd. They will be on Ethel on Monday night playing some tunes from the cd coming out Tuesday. May check that out.

Lisa - I have heard you say good things about Godsmack, so you don't really have a say. ;) If you'd make my friggin cd, I wouldn't need to buy anything. If I start listening to Avril, I will blame your ass.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Aren't you the same person that made the Avril Lavine thread? Odd, you have XM radio yet you make posts about these bands.....

J

JRB

stosh said:
Aren't you the same person that made the Avril Lavine thread? Odd, you have XM radio yet you make posts about these bands.....

Yup - it was funny cuz I was thinking about stoney and the hoodie. Then Avril Lavigne came to mind. The next moring I saw it at 7-11 and posted up so Lisa could get a laugh and dig on stoney. If you read through, you will see that happened. This one did not turn out as well. :stosh:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Yup - it was funny cuz I was thinking about stoney and the hoodie. Then Avril Lavigne came to mind. The next moring I saw it at 7-11 and posted up so Lisa could get a laugh and dig on stoney. If you read through, you will see that happened. This one did not turn out as well. :stosh:
inside jokes with yourself don't usually turn out that well.

J

JRB

stosh said:
inside jokes with yourself don't usually turn out that well.

This one wasn't an inside joke. The avril levigne thread turned out funny for me and a couple of others. The funniest being that inbred really thinks she is hot.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I thinks its funny how you now hate a band that you used to like, just because we made fun of you...that's so sad.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
I thinks its funny how you now hate a band that you used to like, just because we made fun of you...that's so sad.

I think it's funny how you misconstrued my comment to listen to the new schit on Monday. Also note, I heard the song twice yesterday and didn't really dig that much. I also think it is funny that you deem it necessary to use the word hate when I did not. You are such a great phucking mind reader. Good work asshead.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
I think it's funny how you misconstrued my comment to listen to the new schit on Monday. Also note, I heard the song twice yesterday and didn't really dig that much. I also think it is funny that you deem it necessary to use the word hate when I did not. You are such a great phucking mind reader. Good work asshead.

Chill out...I just stuck up for you...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
:p Dont get all mad or anything...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i like em. that was their last cd "bleed american" that praise chorus was on. pretty good cd overall. they've got a new one coming out soon, can't think of it's name right now

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Let me know what the niece says. I heard the same song tonight and didn't enjoy it too much. Don't know if it's the nags here or it bugged me to hear it twice. Won't be buying that cd. They will be on Ethel on Monday night playing some tunes from the cd coming out Tuesday. May check that out.

Lisa - I have heard you say good things about Godsmack, so you don't really have a say. ;) If you'd make my friggin cd, I wouldn't need to buy anything. If I start listening to Avril, I will blame your ass.

Damn right I like Godsmack...the worst GS song is better than Jimmy Eats World's best song and at least grown ups listen to GS...I did talk to my niece last night but I forgot to ask about those tools...

And what...you think I have no life? You think I'm popular HERE, you should see my in person social life! :rolleyes: :D I'll get to your damn cd's soon...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Damn right I like Godsmack...the worst GS song is better than Jimmy Eats World's best song and at least grown ups listen to GS...I did talk to my niece last night but I forgot to ask about those tools...

And what...you think I have no life? You think I'm popular HERE, you should see my in person social life! :rolleyes: :D I'll get to your damn cd's soon...

I just think they border on horrible. Maybe I need to hear schit that isn't radio play. That tends to suck down a band pretty quick like. I hope you aren't referring to yourself as a grown up. :rolleyes:

Yes - most new music sucks. I saw Slash's new band on Leno briefly last night and nearly took my life.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
I just think they border on horrible. Maybe I need to hear schit that isn't radio play. That tends to suck down a band pretty quick like. I hope you aren't referring to yourself as a grown up. :rolleyes:

Yes - most new music sucks. I saw Slash's new band on Leno briefly last night and nearly took my life.
I know...I hate being a grown up some times...my 5 year old niece and I had an interesting conversation once:

maddy: Auntie Lisa...you're a grown up but you look and act like a teenager...

me: What makes you say that?

maddy: Your clothes...your big shoes...you're whole ACT!

HAHAHA!

J

JRB

indieboy said:
i've put an end on that one, thank you very much........i'm a halfway decent person.....

You know it's usually the bad half that tells you to phuck someone else's woman though right???

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
loco-gringo said:
You know it's usually the bad half that tells you to phuck someone else's woman though right???
yeap, i do realize this. however i'd not like to acknowledge that i have a bad side :P

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i got bored a couple weeks ago and bought two major label cd's since i've been missing bona fide rock and roll. Actually found it in the Velvet Revolver cd. Bought the Jet cd too, and that one has a few good songs but is a snoozer as a whole.....
blah blah bloogity bloo.......

J

JRB

Skookum said:
i got bored a couple weeks ago and bought two major label cd's since i've been missing bona fide rock and roll. Actually found it in the Velvet Revolver cd. Bought the Jet cd too, and that one has a few good songs but is a snoozer as a whole.....
blah blah bloogity bloo.......

Don't know what song it was, but it was a bad gnr knock off to me. I dig Jet ok, but one turn in the player and it is done. The released tracks are the good ones, which is usually not the case.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
velvet revolver is a total GNR rip off, but it's cool cause they bring back rock and it looks like Scott Weiland's back on smack!

As far as Jimmy Eat World, if the new record is like Bleed America, then it's a bunch of popy teenage bouncing crap (but we'll all secretly sing along while driving alone) Get their Clarity CD, it's amazing and shows that these guys are more then just 3chords and a hook.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
ncrider said:
velvet revolver is a total GNR rip off, but it's cool cause they bring back rock and it looks like Scott Weiland's back on smack!

QUOTE]

Sweet! Rock stars are so much better when their doing drugs!

Again I ask...has anyone heard the Franz Ferdinand CD and is it any good?

I was also thinking of getting Van Halens very first cd...David Lee Roth was such a GREAT rock star.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco-gringo said:
Don't know what song it was, but it was a bad gnr knock off to me.
The guitar scale was a little close to Sweet Child on Fall to Pieces, finally saw the video the other day, i never watch MTV that much....
The album is solid from beginning to end. Trust me i live in Seattle i know these things.... :p :D