Quantcast

Job Hop

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So, I'm meeting them again tomorrow at 4. I hope the prez doesn't have a weird mole or anything. That could ruin everything.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
UPDATE:

Had my second interview yesterday. This time with the president and the vp that I had already met. It went well. They offered me the salary I asked for on the spot. I told them I'd like to see a written offer and that I'd get back to them.

It was in my hotmail inbox by the time I got home.

More money, a 5 minute commute by bike (downhill on the way to work!), more vacation and a way cooler title.

It would be a pretty big jump in responsibility, but I think that's kinda what I need at this stage. I get away with way too much RMing...

To sum up: BOOYA!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
DOn't do it you unloyal bastard!!

UPDATE:

Had my second interview yesterday. This time with the president and the vp that I had already met. It went well. They offered me the salary I asked for on the spot. I told them I'd like to see a written offer and that I'd get back to them.

It was in my hotmail inbox by the time I got home.

More money, a 5 minute commute by bike (downhill on the way to work!), more vacation and a way cooler title.

It would be a pretty big jump in responsibility, but I think that's kinda what I need at this stage. I get away with way too much RMing...

To sum up: BOOYA!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So, after having received this latest offer, I've since gone home to Montreal for a wedding.

It was lovely, thanks for asking.

Anyhoo, I also took the opportunity to touch base with my old boss. It was awesome working for him in the past, it was interesting, high paying work, with as much time off as I ever needed. All pretty much ideal, so this is a guy is a contact I didn't want to let cool off.

He takes me to lunch and we have about 5 minutes of chit chat then he offers me a position for a project going on in Chile. Lots of money, no tax, management position blah blah blah. Plus a guaranteed job for my lovely girlfriend.

She's fine, thanks for asking.

All this before I'd even accepted the offer from the other dude.

Either way, looks like I'll be giving my notice any day now. Nowhere to go but up.

BOOYA BOOYA!

(any good riding in Chile?)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
as in "watching your wife give birth can make you rather tolerant of gross things"

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So I've got some clarifications on the offer.

Non taxable vehicle allowance, and "full" dental, vision, health insurance.

Just how much is "full" coverage?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I've got some clarifications on the offer.

Non taxable vehicle allowance, and "full" dental, vision, health insurance.

Just how much is "full" coverage?
No payroll deductions, perhaps. I'm sure you'll have copays and deductibles and whatnot...unless it's completely 100% free, in which case you suck.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
How to ask if the coverage is free without sounding like a dumbass/greedy jerk? You'd think I'd have that down by now...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How to ask if the coverage is free without sounding like a dumbass/greedy jerk? You'd think I'd have that down by now...
Just ask if they can tell you a little more about the insurance benefits and what the costs are. They ought to at least have literature they can give you.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
'Tis done. I accepted the offer this morning. Goodbye hellish commute, hello 5 minute morning bike rides. K-i-c-k to the-a-to the-s-s.

I just gave my notice a few minutes ago. Their response?: "Noted". I got all choked up. Sure am going to miss this place...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i interview tomorrow on a missile defense contract (lead engineer).

hoping for the best...