Quantcast

John Kerry Calls American Troops Terrorists

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
This is Face the Nation last Sunday:

Bob Schieffer says, "Democrat Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, he takes a very different view, Senator Kerry. He says basically that we should stay the course, because he says real progress is being made. He says, 'This is a war between 27 million Iraqis who want freedom and 10,000 terrorists.' He says we're in a watershed transformation. What about that?"

JOHN KERRY: I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is, you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment; you've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis, and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all --

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
so, no comment on this or anything you've been posting about?

A real shame. That economy thread gave us false hope that you were actually going to participate in the discussions.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
LordOpie said:
so, no comment on this or anything you've been posting about?

A real shame. That economy thread gave us false hope that you were actually going to participate in the discussions.
He's mad at me for being mean to him. I think that he is getting N8 and MizN8 egos confused.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Typical distortion.

But I have to ask. Being awakened by armed, masked men who break down your door, throw your parents to the ground and burst into your house and wave guns around is what ..... comforting? spreading democracy? Prostletizing? In the US we call it a Home Invasion.

Of course in the US it would be also be hard to find a find a group of 100,000 people, like us soldiers, who have suffered 2,136+ deaths, 20,748+ injuries (half of which are permanently disabling), and 30,000 cases of sever mental illness.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
This is Face the Nation last Sunday:

JOHN KERRY: I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is, you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment; you've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis, and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all --
Sorry N8, that is not calling someone a terrorist (especially within the definition of terrorism/terrorist that you are using). You know, sometimes you really are a moron. Most times I think that you are pretty harmless, but then I remember that you also have the right to vote. It's sad, really.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Terrorize- To fill or overpower with terror
Terror- Intense, overpowering fear

Terrorist-One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.
Terrorism-The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Let us know if you need any help with the big words.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
you guys know he's trolling... therefore, you're bigger idiots than you think he is.
N8, c'mon. Hes is much more interested in starting lively debate than merely bunching panties.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
LordOpie said:
you guys know he's trolling... therefore, you're bigger idiots than you think he is.

Aah the trolling acusation. The battle cry of the jack ass with far to many post's. I cunt understand why you keep speaking

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Reactor said:
But I have to ask. Being awakened by armed, masked men who break down your door, throw your parents to the ground and burst into your house and wave guns around is what ..... comforting? spreading democracy? Prostletizing? In the US we call it a Home Invasion.
Or the War on Drugs. The ragheads in question are probably a bunch of potheads too, they deserve what they get.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Westy said:
N8, c'mon. Hes is much more interested in starting lively debate than merely bunching panties.
I'm hoping that enough people will ignore him so he'll either stop posting or (more hopefully) start actually commenting on a more regular basis. I'm not sure if y'all know this, but he's a pretty smart guy with good opinions... even if I disagree with 'em.

Come on nate, you must be getting bored with this routine, yeah?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
LordOpie said:
I'm hoping that enough people will ignore him so he'll either stop posting or (more hopefully) start actually commenting on a more regular basis. I'm not sure if y'all know this, but he's a pretty smart guy with good opinions... even if I disagree with 'em.

Come on nate, you must be getting bored with this routine, yeah?

Oh stop it! I am merely a trollbot...

:love:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The Amish said:
Aah the trolling acusation. The battle cry of the jack ass with far to many post's. I cunt understand why you keep speaking
Sincerely, F@ck off, you wanker.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
no no no, I just cant do that. You see personaly i could give a sh$t about any of this stuff, but when I realised there was a forum with about a dozen so called bikers who liked to blow smoke up each others a##'s about how smart they were, and how simple it would be to solve all the worlds problems if we would only listen to them, I felt it my civic duty as a red blooded american to take a moment out of every day and write something just to piss em off. C-ya tommorow!

PEACE

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
narlus said:
so are we lumped in as 'so-called' bikers because we don't cut illegal trails and build crap on land we don't own?
No, It's because he's a dick who hasn't the first clue what he's talking about.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
The Amish said:
but when I realised there was a forum with about a dozen so called bikers who liked to blow smoke up each others a##'s about how smart they were
Biking and intelligence might be mutually exclusive in your case, but it doesn't necessarily apply in all cases. I suggest you not transfer your personal liabilities on the rest of us.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
I have no problem with what Kerry said. It points to the intelligence of the current strategy being used in Iraq. It all goes to hearts and minds. Don't be the bad guy. Win the PR war, then you can win the war.

However, here is the Democrats shooting themselves in the foot.

Howard Dean, the Democratic National Chairman, on Monday told a San Antonio, Texas, "the idea that we're going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong."
That's just dumb.

"Dean's take on Iraq makes even less sense than the scream in Iowa: Both are uninformed and unhelpful," said Rep. Jim Marshall (D-Ga.), recalling Dean's famous election-night roar after stumbling in Iowa during his 2004 presidential bid.
Imagine the soundbites you could create for TV commericals.

Nancy Pelosi has also been singing this song by endorsing Murtha's proposal. Murtha can get away with everything he is saying. He is pretty much bulletproof to GOP attacks. However, Pelosi is a much easier target on which the GOP can hang the defeatist label.

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Rahm Emanuel (Ill.) and Rep. Steny H. Hoyer (Md.), the second-ranking House Democratic leader, have told colleagues that Pelosi's recent endorsement of a speedy redeployment, combined with her claim that more than half of House Democrats support her position, could backfire on the party, congressional sources said.

These sources said the two leaders have expressed worry that Pelosi is playing into Bush's hands by suggesting Democrats are the party of a quick pullout -- an unpopular position in many of the most competitive House races.
Its a shame if this continues because the Democrats had a huge opportunity. With the continued GOP scandals and the ability to score points at will by simply pointing out how we got in the war AND how badly its been managed since, the Democrats had (maybe still have) the ability to stand and maintain the high ground without putting to much out there that could be used against them later.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Actually, in the eyes of much of Iraq, most of the rest of the world, and a growing number of Americans, our military's presence in Iraq is an illegal and unnecessary occupation and is hurting much more than it is helping. Is it fair to call the soldiers terrorists when they are just following orders from the chief terrorist, named Bush? We call anyone who follows orders from Bin Laden or Al-Zarqawi a terrorist. What's the difference?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I believe it was Rush Limbaugh who added the headline with "terrorist" to the quote. Whether you love him or hate him, you have to admit his bread and butter is stirring up reactions like this from both sides.

Did he call him a terrorist? By definition, yes. Do you seriously think that's what he intended in using the word "terrorizing?" Probably not. I mean, by definition, I could call my dentist a terrorist, he terrifies me.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BikeGeek said:
Did he call him a terrorist? By definition, yes. Do you seriously think that's what he intended in using the word "terrorizing?" Probably not.

Kerry ain't very smart for being an Harvard grad and all...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
N8 said:
Kerry ain't very smart for being an Harvard grad and all...
No I think he is very smart. Because when taken in total he is absolutely right. Why aren't the Iraqis doing this work? How come the adminstration hasn't put the necessary resources in place that by this point (2.5 years later) that Iraqis aren't doing the door banging even with US supervision?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
No I think he is very smart. Because when taken in total he is absolutely right. Why aren't the Iraqis doing this work? How come the adminstration hasn't put the necessary resources in place that by this point (2.5 years later) that Iraqis aren't doing the door banging even with US supervision?

Did you really think this was going to be that easy?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
The administration sure did. We were supposed to be welcomed with flowers. Dubya already did his "Mission Accomplished" routine. According to them, we should have been in and out of there a long time ago.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
N8 said:
How long does it take to train a soldier and put him in the field? How long does it take to train a cop and put him in the field?

From the Mission Accomplished statement was May 2, 2003. That is 31 months and 5 days. Does it take that long?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
How long does it take to train a soldier and put him in the field? How long does it take to train a cop and put him in the field?

From the Mission Accomplished statement was May 2, 2003. That is 31 months and 5 days. Does it take that long?

The Mission accomplished was in reference to the ending of Saddam's rein.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
Which is why we are where we are. The mission was never thought out beyond ending Saddam's reign. And the reality is that it hasn't even been thought out since then.

What's that old saying about a battle plan...? Oh yeah... it's no good any more once contact is made with the enemy...

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
The Mission accomplished was in reference to the ending of Saddam's rein.
So was that shifting rationale number 4 or 5? I lose count. I mean, first it was about finding the WMD. There was also something about fighting the terrorists. Wait, we were supposed to be spreading democracy too. Oh, the mission was just to topple Saddam. Hmmmm, how could one be confused about that?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
What's that old saying about a battle plan...? Oh yeah... it's no good any more once contact is made with the enemy...
Um, contact was already made by then, or are you saying that the mission was accomplished before a shot was fired? Oh, maybe you are referring to the insurgents? The insurgents who came there to fight against us and our presence?